Should I splurge $$$ on my "three year old" ?
by, 13th Jun 2012 at 21:33 (449 Views)
My Honda City is three year old.
When i bought the new car three years ago, I kept the vehicle in "stock" condition. Only addition was a sunfilm which was offered as "complimentary" along with floor mats & pillows. Now even sun film is gone. Three years and over 63000 KM on ODO has caused its effect on the car. There were couple of dents caused by the bikers on the front and rear bumpers. the seats and the arm rests begin to look "used". Floor mats needs replacement badly and i don't know where the pillows are !
Last three months i have been thinking of giving a facelift to the car. I have been estimating what all should be part of the face lift
Phase I of the face lift is aready done
* Changing the tyres
* Buying a car inverter to connect laptop for charging
* Getting rid of the dents and repainting the front and rear bumper
* Exterior Polish
Phase II which i feel is mandatory for the maintenance of the vehicle.
* Changing the rubber door seals which are torn at few places
* Changing floor mats
* Changing the wiper blades
* Changing the clutchpad and brakepads
This is being planned along with next service whenever it is due
Phase III is also being considered before 2012 end.
* Getting some nice covers for the seat and the arm rests
* Buying a new GPS navigator with maps
* Installing a front camera that records 25-30 fps or 720P minimum video for about 10-12 hours a day.
* Car battery operated compact air pump.
Phase IV - "Is it really necessary" list
* Alloy wheels
* Rear Seat Entertainment System
* Fog Lamps
Now only thing i have to do is to find some for all these up-grades!.
Any suggestions on these specific items are welcome