• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: East By North-East - My Blue Diamond Did It Fast

PetrolPowered+DieselDriven

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep Narayan View Post
      explore Palasa (OR-AP Border) for cashewnuts..
      Sure. I will do it next time.

Amazing spirit to travel & a magnificent travel log!
      Thanks for the appreciation and compliments, Pradeep Narayan.
      MY HIGHWAY CRUISERS: TATA NEXON MOROCCAN BLUE DT XZA+ D [6 JULY 2018] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [15 APRIL 2013]

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Question Bhutan trip

Ravi sir, Your Bhutan travelogue acted as a trip planner for my Bhutan drive planned in OCT 2018.
      And the last few posts made me to plan my next drive already .

Thank you.

Awesome

East By North-East - My Blue Diamond Did It Fast

My Blue Diamond - aka Nexon XZA+ AMT Diesel - took us for a big ride. Now, we have visited all the seven states of the North-East.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00033.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	419.6 KB 
ID:	234740

Name:	DSC00067.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	765.0 KB 
ID:	234741

Name:	DSC00104.JPG 
Size:	577.8 KB 
ID:	234742

Name:	DSC00123.JPG 
Size:	650.8 KB 
ID:	234743

Name:	DSC00193.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	280.4 KB 
ID:	234744

Name:	DSC00220.JPG 
Size:	1,019.3 KB 
ID:	234745

Name:	DSC00247.JPG 
Size:	441.9 KB 
ID:	234746

Name:	DSC00253.JPG 
Size:	616.3 KB 
ID:	234747

Name:	DSC00255.JPG 
Size:	483.8 KB 
ID:	234748

Name:	DSC00278.JPG 
Size:	661.8 KB 
ID:	234749
      MY HIGHWAY CRUISERS: TATA NEXON MOROCCAN BLUE DT XZA+ D [6 JULY 2018] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [15 APRIL 2013]

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
      visited all the seven states of the North-East
      What are the uniqueness you found for each of those sister states and how was your experience with each one of them?

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

J.Ravi Sir, Indeed Hat's Off to You. More than you, my respects for your wife who is truly your shadow in this passion for road trips. I would like to listen to her speak about or write about your road trips. Over the last two decades, i have been traveling with my wife, i realized that women have a different perspective about all these, it is quite interesting, sometimes more interesting than how we men perceive the trip as. In your case, your cars have changed, destinations have changed, the journey itself might have changed occasionally, but she has been your companion through these miles, milestones, destinations and journey. May be you can ask her to pen down few paragraphs and post it here.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      What are the uniqueness you found for each of those sister states and how was your experience with each one of them?
      I found Mizoram people highly friendly and helpful. We reached Aizawl at 10:30 pm. I couldn't reserve accommodation at govt tourist lodge due to telephone lines being out of order. But, we didn't get accommodation in any hotel. While searching for hotel accommodation, I met two boys working in KFC, returning home. Time was 12:30 am. After a lot of attempts using their own phones, we could get accommodation. By the time we crashed on the bed, it was 1:30 am! My repeated saying, thanks, please carry on as it was already late, I will manage myself, they didn't budge. I almost decided to sleep in the car! They told me they would go home only after we got the accommodation!

A lady officer at Mizoram House, Guwahati in charge of issuing inner line permits, gave my some information brochures, booklets and maps for my guidance without my asking for them. Unlike TR, MN and AS, we didn't face any extortion on the Mizoram roads. People generally followed traffic rules. No honking unnecessarily. Highly literate state. This is the uniqueness of Mizoram, I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      J.Ravi Sir, Indeed Hat's Off to You.
      Thanks for the compliments, Nomad.

May be you can ask her to pen down few paragraphs and post it here.
      Sure, I will do that.

Awesome

When the travel ends, travelogue starts.

Name:	NE RouteMap.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	573.8 KB 
ID:	234781

Name:	NEDriveDetails.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	234782

Name:	stay.jpg 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	234783

Name:  FE NE.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  160.5 KB

Name:	DSC09994.JPG 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	234785

Name:	DSC09995.JPG 
Size:	252.0 KB 
ID:	234786

Name:	DSC00229.JPG 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	234787

Name:	DSC00315.JPG 
Size:	948.8 KB 
ID:	234788

Awesome

If planning a mega drive across India is a simple task, execution of it is a tougher one, involving many stake holders for its successful completion. I had planned for a mega drive to Sach Pass>Killar-Kishtwar Cliffhanger Road>Mughal Road, which is still in cold storage from the last several years due to one reason or the other. So, I planned for a quick trip to Mizoram and Tripura, the two states that we did not visit in the North-East. My 6-month old Nexon XZA+ AMT Diesel - aka Blue Diamond - was ready for the mega drive to the NE. I quickly booked our accommodation at Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Agartala, Shillong and Bhubaneswar before we left Chennai. I did not reserve the hotel room at Aizawl, which we regretted later. My wife packed enough idlies and side dish for dinner and breakfast. We left our Chennai Royapettah home at 6:20 pm on 19 Jan 2019. I selected our departure time to ensure our arrival at Ginger Bhubaneswar at 2 pm, the next day, which was the check-in time specified.

We had our dinner after crossing Sullurupeta, AP. I enjoyed driving on the well-lit 6 lane Guntur-Vijayawada in the night. I thank my Facebook friend Chalapathi Rao N for suggesting Nidadavolu-Dowleswaram bridge route via SH for crossing the Godavari river to reach Rajahmundry, thus saving 32 km and a toll. Google Maps too suggested the same route. But, NaviMaps recommended the roundabout route on NH. I followed the first two recommendations. A lot of road works were in progress between Vizag and Srikakulam, making my driving not an easy and comfortable one.

We reached Reliance pump at Girisola, OD at 11 am, where we had our morning ablution and breakfast. We reached Ginger Bhubaneswar at exactly 2 pm on 20 Jan 2019. After checking in, unpacking and wash, we arrived at our favourite Priya, Jaydev Vihar only to find out that it was closed for cleaning and would reopen at 4 pm. Then, hungry we were, we drove to Jugaad Jn, which was closed due to Sunday. Again, we came back and had an early dinner at Priya. Afterward, we drove to BP COCOO for tankful for Blue Diamond and returned to Ginger for a well-deserving rest.

On 21 Jan 2019, we checked out at 10 am after nice buffet breakfast and continued our drive. We lunched at Shere Punjab, Kolaghat. The next 7.12 Crore INR Question - aka Million Dollar Question - was, how to cross the Ganga river, via Vikramshila Setu or Farakka Barrage? Here, my Facebook friend Sheel Priye, Google Maps and NaviMaps were united and recommended the Farakka Barrage bridge route. I followed their advice and crossed Farakka Barrage at 11:30 pm on 21 Jan 2019. We were allowed to drive on the wrong side and join the queue at the beginning, which started moving just then. The queues for lorries were many km long. Even buses were allowed to use the wrong side carriageway to to join the queue at the beginning. Then, I took 50-km long Botolbori-Dhantola shortcut to join the NH, which was very good, except for the last 350 m that contained craters and mountain-like undulations.

Before crossing the Farakka Barrage, we were stopped at a barricaded check-post about 50 km before Moregram by a team of WB cops at 9:30 pm. I was photographed along with Blue Diamond with clear registration number plate and also with the rear hatch door open, displaying the luggage after asking for where from and where to. After hearing my answers, they were smiling at each other. While I was photographed, another cop cross-checked my answers with my wife. They did not ask for car's documents. Again, we were stopped by WB cops at Alipurdwar check-post near WB-AS border. One cop asked for the vehicle documents, which I submitted. Then, he wanted the car's emission certificate. When I told him that mine was a new car and PUC was not required for the first year, he disagreed. I requested him to search Google. Then, he consulted his boss and allowed me to proceed without any monetary loss. ,

So, here we were in Ginger Guwahati. Our fourth visit, but the maiden one for Blue Diamond. The only agenda was to visit Mizoram house and get ILP. We drove to Mizoram House, GS Road, Guwahati on 23 Jan 2019 in the morning and submitted applications for the inner line permits [ILP] for self and wife with ₹ 240 [₹ 120 x 2] in cash, our photographs and photocopies of our Aadhaar cards. The lady officer there gave information brochure, booklets and maps of Mizoram without my asking for them. We returned there in the afternoon and got ILP. Last year, we got ILP within 10 minutes after submission of documents at Nagaland House, Guwahati.

Name:	DSC09953.JPG 
Size:	827.9 KB 
ID:	234797

Name:	DSC09955.JPG 
Size:	709.5 KB 
ID:	234798

Name:	DSC09957.JPG 
Size:	493.3 KB 
ID:	234799

Name:	DSC09958.JPG 
Size:	847.8 KB 
ID:	234800

Name:	DSC09959.JPG 
Size:	811.5 KB 
ID:	234801

Name:	DSC09961.JPG 
Size:	900.2 KB 
ID:	234802

Name:	DSC09970.JPG 
Size:	790.7 KB 
ID:	234803

Name:	PCheetah@GingerBhubaneswar.JPG 
Size:	304.6 KB 
ID:	234804

Name:	DSC09974.JPG 
Size:	777.5 KB 
ID:	234805

Name:	DSC09979.JPG 
Size:	373.4 KB 
ID:	234806

Name:	Linea@MoregramBPCOCOO.jpg 
Size:	681.9 KB 
ID:	234807

Name:	DSC09982.JPG 
Size:	667.3 KB 
ID:	234808

Name:	DSC09984.JPG 
Size:	537.9 KB 
ID:	234809

Name:	DSC09992.JPG 
Size:	446.1 KB 
ID:	234810

Name:	DifferentCars@SameGingerGuwahati.jpg 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	234811

Name:	MZ ILP.jpg 
Size:	894.4 KB 
ID:	234812

Awesome

It's time to look back on our previous drives to NE.

In April 2012, my erstwhile petrol Linea took us to AS and ML and then to Bhutan.

Three years later, in April 2015, my erstwhile XUV 500 took us to AR from SK.

Last year, in January 2018, XUV 500 took us to NL and MN and then to Myanmar.

Now, recently, my Nexon took us to MZ and TR and then to Myanmar again.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Thank you so much for compiling the 4 NE states trip stats in one post. Has immense details there.

3rd trip with XUV and 4th trip with Nexon - there isn't a lot of difference in mileage. 14.45 an 15 are very comparable to each other, isn't it?

Also, the time taken with XUV was shorter with very good avg speed. Was it due to better roads that time?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread Information