It all started back in 1998, when i had just finished my class 10 & getting into college (1st PUC). Got admission into one of the best colleges in Mysore & on my very first day saw so many RXs & KBs that i can never ever forget. Slowly i tried to understand what these bikes were & why they were so notoriously famous. It were the degree college guys who owned RX100s, RX135s, RXGs, RX-Zs, Shoguns, Roadkings & i used to literally drool over these machines for their sound & natural wheelie abilities. Nothing can match the exhaust note of a 2stroke, it is simply orgasmic.
Desperately wanted a ride for myself & since i was not even a major then, these monster bikes were ruled out. Ended up purchasing a brand new Hero Puch 2G (65cc, 4.15BHP). This mini-bike was the in-thing for PUC students at that time. To me this was an RX100 with 2 gears. With a mildly worked barrel i could touch speeds of upto 75Kmph on a speedo (which is way too high for a moped). I just one & only one aim in my life then, i had to buy an RX or a Shogun, nothing else would do for me.
Fast forward 4 years, dad finally decided to get me a bike. At that time "The Boss" had stopped & only Yamaha brand were available:
1. Yamaha RX135 4-Speed - On road price was Rs.51,000/- (approx)
2. Yamaha RX135 5-Speed - On road price was Rs.57,000/- (approx)
3. Yamaha RX-Z 5-Speed - On road price was Rs.61,000/- (approx)
Due to budget constraint & also FE i decided to go for RX135 4-Speed Black colour. Yes this is the same Black 5-speeder which i have, single owner in my name for the last 10Yrs!!!!!!!
Even before the bike came out the Showroom, i got the Indicators changed (got the SHOGUN indicators), Yezdi rim with 3.25 x 16 tyres, Roadking doom (for better light throw), read mudflap & a sports handle. And i thought i had the best machine in the world which could smoke every other 2stroke available out there.
Anyhow this dream was short-lived, as i got smoked by a stock RX100, Shogun, black & blue. I literally cried as to how the **** can a bike which said 12BHP get beaten by a 11BHP!!!!!! Slowly i started understanding the mechanics of this bike & got to know about its crappy restrictive exhausts & over-weight (yup the exhuast weighs 12Kgs). I started cribbing to everyone i knew of how bad the bike was & was just topping out to 90Kmph (on a speedo ). Luckily i used to go near Lalith Mahal Palace, Helipad grounds, where there were many a tuners & riders practising their RX135s for auto-cross. I was speechless. The expansion chambers, the exhaust note, the powerband, i couldn't take this anymore. I had to do something quick or else would die of nervous breakdown. So met a very famous tuner & asked him as to what the hell was the problem with a stock 135 4-speed!!!!! He said, exhaust porting is the only way out & that would stop the fluttering & also increase the top-speed. I took a gamble & thank god it worked for me. Got a matching expansion chamber done & now the bike was topping out to 115Kmph on speedo, which was more than enough for city rides.
Time had come to buy another bike for my kid brother. I dint want to buy another RX (i mean common who buys 2 RXs). I decided to buy a used Suzuki Fiero, somehow all the Fieros we were seeing were not in the RX league or were simply over-priced. Heck what the hell, decided to go for another RX135 used one ofcourse, and this the same RX which is now the Green 5-speeder.
Time passed by & i met Chethan Shivakumar, we shared the same passion. Did plenty of B'lore-Mysore runs on our 135s. Enjoyed like crazy. Thats when we knew our friendship was here to stay.
As of today i can confidently say i know most of the stuff that goes on in RXs & RDs. So with the experience me & Chethan Shivakumar decided to start our own small website which could cater to the needs of 2stroke modifcations & spare-parts (OE & Imported).
Below is the link which has details on our contacts & our services:
Here is what we have mainly planned:
- The modification done will not be at the cost of reliability. We know when to stop & thats how we give 100% reliable engine with kick-ass performance. Our own bikes are a living proof for the same.
- Every bike taken for modification will be treated as our very own.
- Initial plans for modification are restricted to Yamaha RX100, RX135, RXG, RX-Z, Shogun, Samurai, RD350. But we are interested in taking up 4stroke modifications too.
- Complete cosmetic rebuild including, fairings, painting, fenders, rims, tyres, disc-brake setups, shocks will be taken up. We also encourage fully-custom or user-specific builds too.
- Ultimately we are here to serve the 2stroke community at competitive prices. Kindly note there will not be any compromise on the build quality.
- We have one the fastest drag pepped RX100 & RX135 in the entire country today capable of doing 14.XX sec & 13.XX sec respectively. If any of you are interested in getting a full drag setup, we can do it for you.
- Provide spare-part support to RX100, RX135, RXG, RX-Z, Shogun, Samurai, RD350. We can also provide spare support to some classical 4strokes like Fiero, CBZ, ZMA etc.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chethan for making this happen & having that belief in me that we could do this together. Special thanks to mclaren1885 & his team for giving this platform in Gearheads.
I will leave Chethan Shivakumar to comment more on this.
Wishing you the best of services all the time.
- Karthik Datta.
Note1: In case of any queries please feel free to contact us (Details on website mentioned above) or even send us a PM.
Note2: The spares mentioned in our site are 100% genuine (OE) or Imported of a similar model/capacity or Racing parts.
Note3: Please give us your feedback on our website. We believe in constant learning & improvement.