The Story so far..
Get it from here--> http://www.gearheads.in/showthread.p...l=1#post243825
Now clearly the weakest link (apart from the crossover component quality) is the amp. I would like to upgrade this as soon as possible.
I like to believe that my system majors on clarity. Given the Qts of the woofers and the door panel install, , it is obvious that it will be just a little bass shy.
So what am I looking for in an amp?
- low low IMD. THD is not so important but obviously should not be high
- strong clear bass with good control on the woofer
- preferably class D as i would like cool running / compact amp. but a good AB will also do
- fast rise time
- power output 60-120w.
- SNR of 75db+ @ 1w is adequate ( i run a diesel, for god's sake, the noise floor is at 55db on a good day); of course more is better
some amps I had zeroed in on
- Kenwood excelon SR-4S
- Alpine PDx-4
- Pioneer GM-9500FD
and some that I have been recommended
- Focal Solid 4
- Ground Zero 4125x
and some I wanted some feedback on
- Digital designs c2c 4 channel
- Mosconi base 4 channel (and it's price)
- audison base 4 channel (and it's price)
my budget is INR-8-16k - i would like to spend as little as possible but would not want to spend more without seeing a good return on investment. but I can stretch my budget if required. i just don't want to have to upgrade it again later
I also do not mind getting a good second hand amp as long as the price asked is representative of the current market rates
Please advise. As soon as possible...
thanks in advance
Last edited by kdp; 15th Jul 2012 at 13:30.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)