Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India?

live to Detail...am addicted

Cool Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India?

Hi all,

Just thought i would make a quick list of all the places (brick and mortar stores / online shopping) from where you can get good quality stuff for pampering the love of your life (read as CAR/2-wheeler etc). Please feel free to add further info.

If you ever tried importing stuff from US/UK/EU, the shipping+customs charges can sometimes work out to be double or triple the price of what you are ordering, and if you select a low cost carrier like Royal Mail sometimes the stuff will never even arrive and you are left praying (Royal Mail sometimes seems to be worse than our Indian postal system)

Note: I have no association with any of the names mentioned below, i only buy some supplies from most of them time to time. Am not sure if website links can be posted or not, so just google the names.

So here goes, in no particular order -

1. Autoglym India (Mumbai based):

One of the giants in detailing industry with 40+ yrs of market presence globally, they have a lot of good stuff catering to almost every need at decent prices. Have not interacted with the Indian distributors yet personally, but you can drop them a mail or call them for a price list. AG products simply work...yes there are more interesting stuff out there but the 40+ yrs of research ensures 90% of your needs are catered to.

2. Meguiars India (Bangalore/pan-India based):

The grand daddy of all, with 100 yrs of experience, finally Meguiars is officially available in India. They have a nice website where various products are listed along with price however they have only launched a small percentage of what all is listed on the site. They have a facebook page and are pretty responsive, if you drop a message on their page, they will get back with the info on the nearest location where you can get stuff.

Have seen some bottles available at 3M Car Care shops also.

You can buy Megs products eyes closed, rarely are any of them bad or not worth the money and from what i see they have launched stuff in India at a very, very reasonable prices...Absolutely love some of their Ultimate range stuff. Biggest lineup of all...

3. Zaino India (Mumbai based):

Expensive but fantastic products! When you talk about showcar shine, Zaino delivers...Small bottles, expensive when compared to the above two, but lasts long (both bottles and durability of products) and a little goes a long way...Some fantastic R&D has gone into it and they have irritating habit of not releasing stuff till they are satisfied it works so prices are worth it. Also, if you need some advice/recommendations, the Zaino India guys can help out.

If you can afford only and only bottle of car care stuff which can take the abuse on a daily driver, it's ZAIO...it cleans, protects and lasts upto 3 months or more depending on conditions and yeah did i mention its expensive.

4. Bringing Best BB Impex (Delhi based):

Buying stuff from Sanjay is great...fast response, prompt communication and shipping. Best thing is he stocks a lot of useful stuff like foam hand applicators (yellow ones), micro fibre applicators, brushes, waxes, microfibre towels and other stuff.

Price wise slightly more expensive than EU/US/UK prices, which i can understand since he has to import them in small quantities and has to make a living. But he has a lot of good stuff and is genuinely interested in car care and is handy

Recently he has started stocking Duragloss products and Duragloss has some great stuff at cheap prices.

Currently stocking Ultima products

5. 3D Car Care India / KKE 3D (Nagpur based):

Not much info on KKE apart from the news that they are stockists of 3D products recently. Plan to drop them a mail soon

3D has some cheap but good stuff which are bio-degradable across their range. I have personally used their HD Poxy, Glass Cleaner and the Universal Protectant exterior / interior dressing and they are pretty good...POXY is a pretty decent sealant. All ordered from their US website.

6. Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore based)

One of the few pro detailers in the country, they have a facebook page and you can see pics of their great work there They do stock some detailing products and possibly sells them also. Ultimate Detailerz is an official distributor of Ultima and Reseller of Car Pro.
    Get your car the Ultimate Touch - Products

7. Eco Car Care India (Bangalore based) :

Currently the Indian distributor for Optimum products. Have a facebook page with contact details.

Almost full product range of Optimum US, even the OCv2.0 coating coming soon in Mar 2013

8. Instafinish (Mumbai based):

Chemicals manufactured by Warner Chemicals a known OEM for lot of brands out there like Chemical Guys and so on...Seems to catering mainly to pro/body shop market with all gallon sized stuff

More details here in this post from Guru Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India? - Page 16

9. purplekart stocking a lot of Mother's and Meguiars and other products, link to the website given below and more info here MOTHERS CAR CARE

Note: Auto-mall Bangalore no longer in business and hence removed from the list

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now we have covered where to buy your stuff from...but what are the brands which are good and trusted?

The following are the brands which you can buy as of date in India, though not everything is available from a single brand so one may have to mix and match, again in no order -

1. Optimum
    2. Zaino
    3. Meguiars
    4. Autoglym
    5. Duragloss
    6. Collinite
    7. FinishKare
    8. 3M
    9. 3D
    10. Mothers
    11. Instafinish

And please, would request you to stay away from the cheap crappy Armor-all, Amway, Turtle crap...most of these are either fakes or not good ... better to stick with a brand / company which actually produces stuff dedicated for cars.

----

1. Autoglym India Autoglym India drop them an email / call and they will get back to you

2. Meguiars India Facebook - Meguiars India or Meguiars India Official Website drop a message on their FB page and they generally get back with the nearest store location in your city where you can buy stuff.

3. Zaino India Zaino India You drop a mail to Atul or call him on his cell number and they will get back.

4. Bringing Best BB Impex Bringing Best (new website) Sanjay is reachable fastest via email. Drop him an email with what you want and he will get back with the costs or call him on the cell number on the site.

5. 3D Car Care India 3D Car Care India Unfortunately no easy way of reaching them except filling up a contact form...painful way! Check here for more info Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India? - Page 16

6. Ultimate Detailerz UD Guess by now most people on the forum will be knowing about them, contact details are listed on the FB page.

7. Eco Car Care India Eco Car Care India Contact number of Nitin is listed on their FB page. You can also drop him a mail at nitinmakam@ecocarcare.asia or call him on his mobile +919632327656

8. Instafinish: Instafinish check the post here for more info Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India? - Page 16

9. purplekart http://www.purplekart.in/categories/...ZPASCQQviewZZH

Stocking multibrands from Mother's and Meguiars and more

Most of them will accept a NEFT transfer and courier the stuff out to you.

Please feel free to post your thoughts and additions

------------

Note:
    Big thanks to Guru for taking the pains to connect to Instafinish and 3D India and Supernaut for latest information on the Optimum stuff as well the news of BB Impex stocking Ultima
    Last edited by fordfan; 2nd Jul 2013 at 21:22.

2. Thanks bamaboy, zengetz, Silver Rocket and 9 others thanked for this post
    Likes singlanhn, alexshom, anilntny liked this post

I trust in Bhai!

fordfan: No issues in posting links. It would actually be nice if you could post the links from where we can buy stuff online .

fordfan , may thanks for updating the details here in GH. Very much informative w.r.t. car detailing.
    2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

coming home soon

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
    2. Meguiars India (Bangalore/pan-India based):

The grand daddy of all, with 100 yrs of experience, finally Meguiars is officially available in India. They have a nice website where various products are listed along with price however they have only launched a small percentage of what all is listed on the site. They have a facebook page and are pretty responsive, if you drop a message on their page, they will get back with the info on the nearest location where you can get stuff.
    Meguiars and whole lot of detailing products can be brought online here..Meguiars
    Last edited by fernando; 3rd Aug 2012 at 16:19.
    "Sailors work like horses at sea and spend their money like asses ashore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

6. Thanks fordfan thanked for this post

Thanks fernando ...so are these guys reliable? i.e. any feedback if you or anybody else has purchased from them?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to locate Megs Water magnet since some time now, I'm not happy with vicky.in, had placed the order with them once, they were unable to ship as they had no stock, their website showed it in stock. Is there any other website apart from vicky or ebay where I can buy it from ?

9. Thanks anilntny thanked for this post

Did you try checking with the Megs people directly? They respond fast in FB

Also if you are looking for a drying towel, Cobra Guzzlers waffle weaves are pretty good... But expensive.. Bbimpex stocks some...

I have two of the Supreme Guzzlers

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fordfan; 24th Aug 2012 at 11:54.

coming home soon

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
    any feedback if you or anybody else has purchased from them?
    I recently purchased, Megs Ultimate polish from them..Shipping is quite slow.Had to wait for almost 12 days, for shipping within tamilnadu..
    "Sailors work like horses at sea and spend their money like asses ashore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

12. Thanks fordfan thanked for this post

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

fordfan - This is what I am considering from Bringingbest.I want some MF towels to beautify my 'Noble Dracula' Got the OCC yesterday.

+ 5 Pack Eurow MF 16x16 350 gsm: Rs. 695 + Rs. 60 ship

Are these MF's good and okay for the interior car clean work? Rest all seem to be a bit higher side from Bringingbest.
    TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

I have 15 of the yellow Eurow towels from Sanjay they are cheap and good all purpose MF towels. They are fine for most work interiors and exteriors. Any towels above 300 gsm are good.

Well, i have total 50+ towels or so of different gsm, mostly ordered from outside. And, yes good towels (around 600 gsm) are expensive, can cost upto GBP 20 for one piece.

For drying towel, grab a Cobra Guzzzler waffle weave (WW). WW are best towels for drying.

Good towels are some of the best investment for your car.

15. Thanks roadracer thanked for this post
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information