• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India?

Punjabi By Nature !

Awesome

Hey Ford

i got some inside contact of a person who supplies detailing and bodyshop products to Audi , BMW , Volkswagen , Skoda , Hyundai , Ford , Volvo , Jaguar and some other Exotic Brands.

He is offering detailing supplies mix from 3M etc

from all the orders i am stunned on a one thing , CLAY BAR !!!

it is available to use at expensive rates , He is offering me to test a 50g blue bar and a detailer at a cost. i am tempted to test as he says that his products are cheap as he gets in quantity and the are best in quality that is the reason he is supplying to the most reputable brands all around.

What say ??? should i play this gamble ???

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
      i got some inside contact of a person who supplies detailing and bodyshop products to Audi , BMW , Volkswagen , Skoda , Hyundai , Ford , Volvo , Jaguar and some other Exotic Brands.

He is offering detailing supplies mix from 3M etc

from all the orders i am stunned on a one thing , CLAY BAR !!!

it is available to use at expensive rates , He is offering me to test a 50g blue bar and a detailer at a cost. i am tempted to test as he says that his products are cheap as he gets in quantity and the are best in quality that is the reason he is supplying to the most reputable brands all around.

What say ??? should i play this gamble ???
      Generally bodyshops buy in bulk / drum sizes and that is where 3M / Megs make their money. Consumers like us are only a small blip on their product sales numbers.

Bodyshop chemicals / pro detailing line stuff can be cheap and good if you can figure out what their consumer counterpart is. For example, the Megs Ultimate Quick Wax which comes in 500 ml bottle for consumers is the same as their Synthetic Xpress Spray Wax (minus the perfume of UQW) which comes in gallon cans and larger sizes. Mostly same chemicals but consumer line products are generally tweaked with perfumes / gloss enhancing stuff etc for easier usage.

At the same time, where one needs to be careful is body shops will also use a lot of harsh chemicals because they will follow that up with some other stuff
      like a strongly alkaline shampoo / acidic cleaners prior to sanding / repainting. The polishes for body shops are also mostly tailored for machine usage and not by hand. So one needs to be a little aware of what one is buying. Buying a polish which is machine usage only and then trying to use by hand is going to be hugely frustrating.

So what i would say i go ahead and try the clay, don't think it will be too much different from the consumer line blue clay. At max it will be too aggresive and need a finishing polish to remove the marring, so do a test spot first. And 50g clay should do your whole car

Can you get list of what products he sells? Then you can map to the consumer line equivalent to figure out if its safe or not for hand usage.

Hope the info helps.

P.S. - if in doubt whether a clay is too aggressive or not, use it for claying the side glasses first, that will help soften it up a little.

P.P.S. - interesting tidbit there is a new technology out there to make clay bars obsolete, something called Nanoskin pads/ towels etc...which do the same job as clay bar and one towel / pad can do 75 - 100 cars and reusable even if drop it on the ground. Only thing preventing it from storming the consumer markets is the high price (~US$ 60-70) and the fact that they are very aggressive and will lead to marring/swirls and thus needing a follow up polish ...and heck claying is done once / twice a year...so it will last for next thirty / forty years for normal people like us
      Last edited by fordfan; 11th Sep 2012 at 13:56.

Punjabi By Nature !

Awesome

^^ I Have Ordered it and it will be with me till tomorrow , and will post experience till this weekend.

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

Received Opt car Wax-17oz from Eco car care today. Waiting for Collinite 845 and cobra waffle weave to reach..
      "Sailors work like horses at sea and spend their money like asses ashore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

live to drive

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      I recently purchased, Megs Ultimate polish from them..Shipping is quite slow.Had to wait for almost 12 days, for shipping within tamilnadu..
      I too have very bad experience with the site, very slow ,poor response.I ordered a av cable for my jvc HU, never got it.Finally I got my money refunded after few days.

live to drive

Awesome

fordfan,
      Its seems like auto mall is not in business
      What about collinite 845 ?Do I need to wax(carnauba) it after applying collinite?

Awesome

Re: Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India?

BB IMPEX.. You may wax if you want or go without it..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Bought Meg's UP from 3M on Wednesday. They didn't have UC in stock, or else would have gone for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Bought Meg's UP from 3M on Wednesday. They didn't have UC in stock, or else would have gone for that.

live to drive

Awesome

came across another online site
      Car Polish | CarDekho Accessories Store
      will share my experience after buying,they have Mothers's california gold clay bar in stock.

Awesome

Re: Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India?

I don't think Megs officially sells UC in India yet

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information