• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India?

looking for Headlights

Awesome

I dont know why OP is against Turtle wax products. I used their car wash and liquid wax and it was quiet good. i bought it from xenos 2yrs back. Now they dont have the online selling . too bad..

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Re: Detailing Supplies - where to buy in India?

First because mostly they are fakes in India, second they are amongst low quality products. Don't believe me just check how popular they are in pro detailing / enthusiast circles abroad.

Regarding waxes, you pay money for looks and durability and while boutique waxes have their place, something like 845/915 which are cheap can deliver great result...heck if you want a easy on product Optimum Car Wax / Megs UQW can deliver stunning result.

Regarding shampoo even surf excel will clean your car but then you should not worry about the finish... A shampoo is not one which gives tons of foam but one which can clean without stripping the protect on your car

If you are in bangalore drop by and I will give you a demo of what a good product looks like... You can take your pick amongst the few that I have... We can do a 50/50 and see...

My detailing threads are simply to raise the awareness and increase usage of good quality products and the correct techniques of usage... Merely some suggestions which one can feel free to ignore. A lot of it is distilled and based on hardcore experience on my own car and lots of swearing believe me...

Having said that I firmly believe if something has worked for you and you like it stick to it. If you do want to broaden your horizons and see what else is there then maybe my threads will help a little...

A good looking car is the end result of proper prep and not just using any expensive $2000 wax... And proper prep is a lot of hard work... With that heck why not probably a turtle wax would also look good on the paint.

P.S. - In Bangalore i see turtle waxes at the accessories shops...even reliance autozone sells them...

P.P.S. - i also started with Turtle wax...i remember putting it on so thickly on the car that after hazing the silver color became fully white and tried removal after one hour in the sun by when it had become rock hard hehe....there were some cabs parked on the road and they were all wondering what this guy is doing swearing and cursing so much....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by fordfan; 21st Sep 2012 at 19:30.

live to drive

Awesome

Before buying anything "serious",just to try out the site,I have ordered Muc-Off Expanding Sponge 288 for 250 rs.Site seems to be promising,will update details.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
      Before buying anything "serious",just to try out the site,I have ordered Muc-Off Expanding Sponge 288 for 250 rs.Site seems to be promising,will update details.
      Have heard of Muc-off remove / APC which is supposed to be good and Sonax is also a decent brand...they have a killer wheel cleaner Sonx Full Effect dont know if thats available here though...

P.S. this looks like a grout sponge thingie for car washing... try it out and share your feedback on the detailing thread
      Last edited by fordfan; 21st Sep 2012 at 20:02.

live to drive

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      First because mostly they are fakes in India, second they are amongst low quality products. Don't believe me just check how popular they are in pro detailing / enthusiast circles abroad.

Regarding waxes, you pay money for looks and durability and while boutique waxes have their place, something like 845/915 which are cheap can deliver great result...heck if you want a easy on product Optimum Car Wax / Megs UQW can deliver stunning result.

Regarding shampoo even surf excel will clean your car but then you should not worry about the finish... A shampoo is not one which gives tons of foam but one which can clean without stripping the protect on your car

If you are in bangalore drop by and I will give you a demo of what a good product looks like... You can take your pick amongst the few that I have... We can do a 50/50 and see...

My detailing threads are simply to raise the awareness and increase usage of good quality products and the correct techniques of usage... Merely some suggestions which one can feel free to ignore. A lot of it is distilled and based on hardcore experience on my own car and lots of swearing believe me...

Having said that I firmly believe if something has worked for you and you like it stick to it. If you do want to broaden your horizons and see what else is there then maybe my threads will help a little...

A good looking car is the end result of proper prep and not just using any expensive $2000 wax... And proper prep is a lot of hard work... With that heck why not probably a turtle wax would also look good on the paint.

P.S. - In Bangalore i see turtle waxes at the accessories shops...even reliance autozone sells them...

P.P.S. - i also started with Turtle wax...i remember putting it on so thickly on the car that after hazing the silver color became fully white and tried removal after one hour in the sun by when it had become rock hard hehe....there were some cabs parked on the road and they were all wondering what this guy is doing swearing and cursing so much....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
      I am thankful to you as I used to keep my car "dirty" for long time ,I even had people write on my rear glass "please wash".But ever since I came across your car detailing thread ,my car is always "well dressed".Now it has become an obsession ,so that I am collecting all sorts of high quality car detailing products.I have already talked to local distributor of Meguiars India ,will be buying from him tomorrow.what are the must haves in your opinion?

Awesome

I have already talked to local distributor of Meguiars India ,will be buying from him tomorrow.what are the must haves in your opinion?
      See the basics and the way to spend less money is a good shampoo (NxT or something else), a pre cleaner / polish like Megs UP, a wax (NxT paste wax or liquid wax...anything which says "Quick" on the label is probably going to be a kind of booster), a few yellow applicators and a few towels...

Megs NXT lineup is some good stuff, absolutely tailored for the consumer / enthusiast market...

Can you do a small favor please - if possible can you get list of what Megs products are actually available for purchase? their websites list a lot of stuff but in reality not all of them are available...

live to drive

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      See the basics and the way to spend less money is a good shampoo (NxT or something else), a pre cleaner / polish like Megs UP, a wax (NxT paste wax or liquid wax...anything which says "Quick" on the label is probably going to be a kind of booster), a few yellow applicators and a few towels...

Megs NXT lineup is some good stuff, absolutely tailored for the consumer / enthusiast market...

Can you do a small favor please - if possible can you get list of what Megs products are actually available for purchase? their websites list a lot of stuff but in reality not all of them are available...
      Will try to do that

live to drive

Awesome

One seller on ebay was saying UP will "thin the paint clear coat"he was suggesting "You can polish your car with a mild polish like Meguiar's Quick Detailer or Speed Glaze. If you have massive scratches or swirls, you switch to a more aggressive polish such Meguiar's Diamond cut. Now the main idea is to maintain & protect your paint, for this use a good paint sealant such as Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant coupled with a top wax like Meguiar's NXT Generation Wax".
      As per the description from official site, ,"UP is absolutely SAFE on clear coat".I too had very satisfying experience with UP.Also,I think diamond cut is for professional detailers with all tools!@fordfan,Whats your opinion?.
      Last edited by anilntny; 21st Sep 2012 at 20:39.

Awesome

One Meguiars seller on ebay was saying UP will "thin the paint clear coat drastically" he was suggesting "You can polish your car with a mild polish like Meguiar's Quick Detailer or Speed Glaze. If you have massive scratches or swirls, you switch to a more aggressive polish such Meguiar's Diamond cut. Now the main idea is to maintain & protect your paint, for this use a good paint sealant such as Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant coupled with a top wax like Meguiar's NXT Generation Wax".
      I asked for 470 ml bottle of UP, he had only sachets and he gave me the above "information" too.As per the description from official site, ,"UP is absolutely SAFE on clear coat".Thats why I contacted local distributor.I tried UP myself and seems to be great product.
      Load of rubbish...the chap does not know anything...to use UP and harm your paint is going to take a LOT OF EFFORT, probably your arm will fall off the next day...its a glaze which means its got oil for filler and its got micro abrasives for cut and its a SMAT product...one of the products tailored for hand usage

The Diamond Cut he is suggesting is a heavy cutting compound for rotary polisher and trying to use it by hand is sheer madness because you will never be able to generate enough heat and pressure by hand so pretty freaking useless...and this is for pro detailer / body shop product and on a scale of 10 probably this has a cut of 10 if used by rotary...by hand it will be equivalent to taking a MF and gently dusting your paint...

Megs QD is just that and has zero cut unless he is talking about about Megs Professional Quick Detailer...this again is a cleaner wax / AIO though the name suggests something else...

Megs UP is for usage by hand and has the lowest cut level of any of the products he has mentioned...and the products he has mentioned are from Meguiars Pro range which is known as the Mirror Glaze line and meants for DA/ rotary usage...stay away from them unless you have a machine polisher...and if you do want to try them out, would suggest small bottles, why because a little polish goes a long way...the gallon sizes are aimed at bodyshops who need products in bulk...

There's a hidden gem in Megs Mirror Glaze lineup, its known as No. 7 Showcar Glaze...this is one of the richest and oiliest glazes available and it is truly for show cars where you need the looks and hence the durability is crap...goes off in one/two days...but a lovely glaze! Red/Yellow/warm nonmetallic paints look obscenely wet with this glaze!!!

Regarding the Sealant he is talking about, its okay if you want to try it out, go ahead but please buy a small bottle and NXT is a good wax, dont buy the old one, but the one which says on the label "NXT Tech Wax 2.0" bla bla... Megs released an improved version...
      Last edited by fordfan; 21st Sep 2012 at 20:48.

Punjabi By Nature !

Awesome

Hey Ford

Remember that clay bar i am telling u about ??? i have tested it and it works wonders !!!! it tested the treated panels after that "OEM CLAY" with meguiars clay and megs one was clean. here is the pic for reference !!!

Are you interested in testing out this on my behalf ??? i am ready to ship you a small sample !!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-22 16.15.31.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	369.3 KB 
ID:	105778

Sown Here is the "OEM Clay " after Rear and Front Glass !!!
      Last edited by Notorious; 22nd Sep 2012 at 17:32.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information