• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New car for Captain slow

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

New car for Captain slow

Hey guys,

I think the time has come for captain slow to get a new car!
      My Budget is about 6laks on road for a car. I don't want to spend more than this on a car right now.

I'm looking for a petrol car because my usage wont be much. Maybe 10,000 KM yearly. Not more than that. I really font care about great speed or handling. I want something that comfortable and reliable and that gives average F.E.

I saw the Manza petrol in the showroom and it fits perfectly in our Budget! I haven't gone for a TD yet. Planing to this weekend.
      Any Issues with the Manza as such? Rattles like the swift? Q.C issues? I'm worried about TASS! I plan to keep the car for at least 6-8 years.

thanks

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

What other options do you have?

Beat/Ritz/Swift/Figo/Polo/Fabia/Punto?

You want a hatch or a sedan?
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I would prefer the Swift Desire inspite of the rattles which come due to Just in Time Management theory implemented by maruti.

The manza has good reviews in magazines but my personal opinion is to wait for 3-4 months for the real reviews and other issues which might come up ..
      Karizma 2005.

Don't drink and drive... You might hit a bump and drop your beer .. cheers

Awesome

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies.

mclaren1885
      Not really particular about a hatch or a sedan, We just want something that is comfy and something thats reliable, that fits into out price range.

We are also looking at the swift Vxi which is priced at about 1lakh less than the Manza. The Reason we were looking at the swift was because of the K series engine which should be really F.E.

The Dezire Vxi costs about 20K more than the manza and doesn't come with all the goodies of the manza. But the dezire does have the K series engine so I could expect better F.E ?

I really didn't like the interiors of the Ritz that much (no offense to Ritz owners) I didn't like the position of the tacho.

the POLO at 5Lakhs (onroad) for the base model which doesn't come with power windows in the back side and the 3 Cylinder engine seems to be a downer.

The Fabia and the beat are totally out !

The Figo does look tempting but I don't think we could digest its looks.

I have to get a nod from 3 other people before I can buy a car This would the family car.

Thanks Munchy_cool
      have to TDed the Manza?

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

captain then it is Manza for you or as Rahul mentioned it is a Swift VXI. If you look into other things then you are bound to get confused
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Support Donkey

Awesome

Then I think its got to be the Manza?

Swift is an outdated design now and the rattles are bound to frustrate the living daylights out of you.

Tata is doing a very good job these days I am told. QC is getting better each day. Maybe someone like Hrag will tell you more about TASS. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the two cars.

Remember the Swift has very less interior space compared to the Manza, has horrendous rear bench seats too. Suspension is quite stiff and since handling isn't what you are looking for I would suggest you get the Manza. More space, more comfort.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Be A Man! Do the right thing!

Awesome

Captain, why dont you take look at the Hyundai Accent Executive?

- matches your requirements
      - comes at 4.99 lacs (ex-showroom Blore)
      - It is still one of the best looking sedans in the country
      - decent power with a good 1.5 litre
      - excellent A.S.S from Hyundai
      - decent mileage of around 13 kmpl (these are not ARAI figs just an average that some of my frnz get)

I know that this model is on its way out but with the strong Hyundai presence in India, it will not be a problem to find parts, etc later

Regards
      Abhi

Awesome

Thanks for the reply guys, I'm a little worried about the Manza petrol. Agreed that the car looks pretty good and comes fully loaded, And Im seeing quite a few of them in the city. Today on my way home I saw 3 manza's!!!
      I have been reading on Team-Bhp, a petrol owner posted saying that he was getting only 13KM in the highway! And in the city was under 10. This does seem rather low doesn't it?

As the manza shares the same Fiat Linea petrol engine any Manza/Linea petrol owners here that could confirm the same?

Thank you Abhi!
      We really never thought about the accent at all! I thought they stopped make them?

Agreed that the swift is getting old and the rattles that creep up can kill you but I still wanted to check out the 1.2 swift.

Today went to check out the Swift and this is what happened.

Now first I went to Mandovi Motors who didn't have any swift on display! And the one they had was a fully modified one with aftermarket seat covers, spoiler, Skirtings and everything redone.. this wasnt a stock swift.
      And when I asked the sales lady how long would I have to wait for swift petrol she tells me 3 months :-| and she isn't interested in telling me anything about the swift but rather she tries to sell me the A-star by saying that it gives better F.E then the swift. I tell her no I'm not interested then she tries pushing the Ritz! I tell her I don't like the tachometer's position, and I don't like the shape of the Ritz. (nothing personal to ritiz owners I just didn't like it). She tells me to go for for the LXI variant which doesn't have a tacho!! And that there is a 15k Discount on the ritz. I tell her I don't want a Ritz and her bubble bursts! I tell her I want only a swift. So finally I ask her whats the difference between the swift Lxi and Vxi variant. she tell me that the lxi doesn't come with body colored bumper and power windows.
      No TD car and no display car!
      This was it for me I lost it and walked out.

Next to Pratham Motors!
      When I walked into the showroom it took a good 5 mins for someone to actually attended to me. I was the only customer there! Finally a sales person comes to me and tell her Im looking for a swift. She says the same thing. 3 months waiting for a petrol swift! Again No TD car and no display car! I get the price list and walk out.

Any showroom in the city that has the 1.2 Swift for a TD?

Be A Man! Do the right thing!

Awesome

You might want to try Bimal on 100ft Road Indiranagar or on Old Airport Road. I'm not saying that the showroom experience might be any better but they might have a TD car.

My experience with a Maruti showroon

I bought my ZXI from Pratham back in 2007. I had a wonderful option from my employer of picking up a car at ex-showroom price, repayment of loan without interest and tax benefits coz it used to get adjusted within my pay package. Hence around 7 of us from the office had decided on buying Swifts. I walked into Pratham and was directed to a guy called Hemanth who was the sales manager. He was initally a bit curt around discounts and freebies with the usual "Only mudflaps and mats sir". I then issued him a mild threat that if I dont get the discount and freebies, he would lose all 7 bookings from my company to Sagar.

He was all milk and honey after that. I got a steering wheel cover, reverse parking sensor, idol, fresheners, teflon and underbody coating free along with a 15k corporate discount that was prevalent then. He gave me his mobile number and said that I could contact him anytime to enquire on the progress of delivery. I had to wait for 3 weeks before delivery which I thought was OK.

The problem with Maruti showrooms is they know that they have the upper hand when it comes to the sheer volumes that they churn out, hence who is bothered about customer service. Occasional scare tactics like mine might work since they know it could be a potential loss of business. Try Hyundai pre or after sales, you will know the difference. You might think that I'm trying to be a Hyundai brand ambassador here but it is only because of the difference in customer service that I've noticed.

Regards
      Abhi

Support Donkey

Awesome

RNS Yeshwantpur might have a 1.2 Swift TD vehicle. Give them a call and check with them.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information