• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Showoff Your Detailing Pics

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Forever Black is a semi-permanent DYE for exterior trim and not for interiors. If your dashboard is black, then you may want to try out a small section with earbuds somewhere hidden...but i would not suggest it

Vinyl used is in cars is funny stuff and difficult to know how it will react with a dye

WHiTe LiGHTNiNG™
      Hyperian

Awesome

fordfan - I have anyways got carbon fiber look alike interior styling kit which is kinda glossy and less susceptible to scratches. Will install it next week.
      Caveman on Ketosis

Awesome

do post some pics after install, should be interesting to look at...are there matt carbon fiber interior stickers also?

WHiTe LiGHTNiNG™
      Hyperian

Awesome

Nope, these are fakes. Not available in matt carbon fiber but they are just normal fakes ones. There was one which was wooden and other silver finishes which werent all that great. same as what anilntny had got for his swift

swift centre fascia removing and installation of carbon fibre kit - Page 4
      Caveman on Ketosis

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

Did a little detailing on my Wife's 5 year old Activa, which was never taken care of by her..

Now she wants a new ride..

So i decided to detail the shit out of the Activa and make her change her mind..( In that way i will try out some products like Megs Ultimate Polish, before using them on my polo..)

Very satisfied with the over-all results, and wifey is very happy. Pics to follow..
      "Sailors work like horses at sea and spend their money like asses ashore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      Did a little detailing on my Wife's 5 year old Activa, which was never taken care of by her..

Now she wants a new ride..

So i decided to detail the shit out of the Activa and make her change her mind..( In that way i will try out some products like Megs Ultimate Polish, before using them on my polo..)

Very satisfied with the over-all results, and wifey is very happy. Pics to follow..
      waiting eagerly...hope you took some before pics also...and always good to have the Prime Minister at home happy na lol..

Anyway UP is wonderfully rich and oily cleaner glaze...for warm colors like red,yellow etc and dark metallics, it imparts a lovely rich shine! And of course it cleans well...on painted parts, try out both UQW and OCE on separate sections and see what you like

When you are layering, whatever gives on top will give the final looks...

Try applying your UQW or OCW on any black plastic parts after cleaning...on steel or chrome exhaust pipe, try the UQW after cleaning...

And avoid any wax/sealant/polish on the rubber footmats and seats...they become slippery like hell!

- - - Updated - - -

buy her a new ride and i will tell you how to go about application of a super sealant / coating... you will get to try something new....
      Last edited by fordfan; 15th Sep 2012 at 13:31.

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

Okay folks, pics as promised..

Activa before..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	104977

Name:	2.JPG 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	104978

The scratches which i wanted to test the effectiveness of the Meg's Ultimate polish with..

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	104979

The products used. In order from Left to Right..

Name:	DSC01588.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	104980
      fordfan must be cursing by looking at the Formula 1 wax..I know it is the odd man out in the league of the other equipments here.
      I have ordered for Collinite 845, but have not received it yet, and so the Formula 1 wax has been used..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      Activa before..
      Where are the 'after' pics? Also please detail what steps you took and in what order? Want to clean up my GS150R and WEGO. So, want some tips.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

1. Rinsed the scooter with a garden hose.
      2. sprayed concentrated shampoo solution ( 1 cap / 500ml ) all over the bike and let it soak for 3 minutes.
      3. Washed the bike with a mitt as explained by fordfan here
      4.After drying with MF towel, applied Meg's Ultimate Polish with a foam applicator.

Meg's UP dries up pretty fast, so we have to wipe it off immediately or else it is a PITA to remove it. After applying wipe it with a MF towel and turn to a clean side and wipe again. Do small portion by portion..

These are the results..

Name:	4.JPG 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	104981

Name:	5.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	104982

Significant amount of scratches taken care of Meg's UP. For better results we have to use Meg's Ultimate compound i guess..

Name:	6.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	104984
      Last edited by fernando; 15th Sep 2012 at 16:05. Reason: wrong attachment

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

Formula 1 carnuba wax was applied with an applicator pad and let to dry till this happened..

Name:	7.JPG 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	104985

Name:	8.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	104986

After the wax had dried off, removed it with dry MF towel. And this was the result..

Name:	9.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	104987

Name:	10.JPG 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	104988

Name:	11.JPG 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	104989

And finally Optimum Car Wax was applied, and see the results for yourself..My wife is like and i am like

Name:	12.JPG 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	104990

Name:	13.JPG 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	104991

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information