• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to deal with slow driving idiots hogging right most lane on expressways

Love your ride, and it will
      love you back

Awesome

How to deal with slow driving idiots hogging right most lane on expressways

Even though I am a strong advocate of people driving at speeds they are most comfortable with, I get ****ed off when some idiots stick to the right most lane and drive at insanely slow speeds like 20 or 30 kmph.

They put themselves and others at great risk.

Some people are regulars at it to boot. Almost every day at around 8 am, on the DND, I come across this girl driving a white SWIFT. She sticks to the right most lane, and drives at no more than 20. Even the old rickety load-autos (those green ones, which couldn't go faster to save its own life) move faster than her. She has a "L" board hanging at the front and back to boot. She refuses to give way or drive fast. IMO she is putting herself at risk, as there are a couple of blind curves at DND, and I have seen some dudes flying across on that road.

Question is what is the best way to deal with such stupid people (the ones who refuse to move anywhere from the right lane and also to give way, come what may)

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

My answer will probably be totally illegal. This is what it is - Shoot them!!
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

KaTooMed

Awesome

Every day i see some bike/car driving like this on the Ring Road. Looking forward to some useful solution for this menace.

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      I too have this urge but not practical .
      Last edited by k a s h; 25th Oct 2012 at 10:37.

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

I just hate it, when I have to slow down because people in the right lane are not maintaining lane speed.

You can't do much with it, because, In India we don’t follow lane driving. I just shout at myself that "why can't these people drive on the left"

However, more then the above ... I hate the breed of drivers who just overtakes you like maniac and slow down .... which leaves me with this reaction -

Name:  553365_405408012858610_604336550_n1.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  31.1 KB
      Last edited by Ironhide; 25th Oct 2012 at 11:05.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

"Lost in Space"

Awesome

Next Time Look Closely, You will see multiple Tata Ace vehicles doing their Top Speed [40 kmph loaded] on Right most lane.

I Usually Use the right lane in Highways for Overtaking, Stick to the Middle Lane most of the time unless there is a Huge queue of truckers. Usual speeds on Highway are 80-90kmph and if I see someone approaching fast from behind when I am in Right lane, I turn on the left indicator and give him way (I am in No hurry to become History. )

There are times I have felt like getting down from the vehicle, giving a Piece of my Mind to those Maniacs who drive at speed of 50kmph in the Right Lane.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hi Sunil ... yes this is a constant erratic driving behavior that we have to deal with on Indian roads and I have not understood the psychology of such drivers as to why do they do this . Is it that they don't understand the traffic rules or simply dont care ... well given the situation what I generally do is that , if the road is wide and there is no traffic behind i generally put an indicator to left and overtake ( not as per rule books but one cant help !! ) . If there is traffic behind , follow the faulting vehicle and wait for an opportunity to do the same action . If the road is not wide enough , then honk as much as possible so that the drivers moves to left . if not on cant do much other than follow the vehicle for distance where u can overtake him either from left or right ...

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kumar.sunil View Post
      Some people are regulars at it to boot. Almost every day at around 8 am, on the DND, I come across this girl driving a white SWIFT. She sticks to the right most lane, and drives at no more than 20. Even the old rickety load-autos (those green ones, which couldn't go faster to save its own life) move faster than her. She has a "L" board hanging at the front and back to boot. She refuses to give way or drive fast.
      Lady "Andrew Simonds" of the car driving! Probably she is following Andrew as he used to sit in the ground a day before the match to have a feel of tomorrow! She knows, that tomorrow she has to drive on the same road in the same lane with proper lane speed!

BTW, obvious that one gets irritated! There can be instances where one finds the car ahead is slow in speed for unknown circumstances to us and known to the driver of that vehicle ahead, but not understanding the situation and failing to take corrective moves invites staring!
      Last edited by Dev11; 25th Oct 2012 at 11:26.

Love your ride, and it will
      love you back

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jith4854 View Post
      I generally do is that , if the road is wide and there is no traffic behind i generally put an indicator to left and overtake ( not as per rule books but one cant help !! ) . If there is traffic behind , follow the faulting vehicle and wait for an opportunity to do the same action .
      This is what I do as well, but it just gets frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by jith4854 View Post
      If the road is not wide enough , then honk as much as possible so that the drivers moves to left .
      Doesn't help much with idiots, not atleast in Delhi.

Quote Originally Posted by anubhavt View Post
      I hate the breed of drivers who just overtakes you like maniac and slow down
      That is another major irritant, these guys wont care to give away a hand and leg to overtake you from left, and as soon as they are done, they'd slow down to insanely slow speeds.. Leaves you with a WTF on your mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      I'd love to do that.. but cant

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Best would be, see your left ORVM check if someone is coming, if not then come to left and overtake. simple. No point in shouting or scolding at them. Their fate will decide on them.

Even I used to get angry and do all the shouting etc initially, but now I follow this.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Simple - Just ignore them and move on.

I know it's easier said than done but that's the best option.
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information