• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Importing Detailing Products

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      I thought DA polishers are safer than the rotary ones
      yup DA's are safer but they make a hell lot of noise and i really like the Rupes...DA's from Shinearama comes to around GBP 100 with shipping which is pretty reasonable...

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      yup DA's are safer but they make a hell lot of noise and i really like the Rupes...DA's from Shinearama comes to around GBP 100 with shipping which is pretty reasonable...
      If noise is the only dis-advantage, i can live with it as i do not have complaining neighbours and i dont live in apartments.

Are you sure, it is 100 pounds only. can you post the link..Does the indian seller have the DA also. if so i need to buy one.
      "Sailors work like horses at sea and spend their money like asses ashore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

Awesome

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/search.php?fcat=89

the kestrel DAS6 and the DAS6 pro are quite good...just add to basket, chane to india for shipping and add another 30% for customs as they use Fedex

only thing is no warranty unless you somehow get it fixed locally

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

dont buy US electrical stuff as they are all 110V which makes it useless for our country unless you get a transformer/converter or already got one....
      fernando, fordfan The DAs are a lot cheaper in the US than in the UK.Initially I was planning to buy a PC 746XP which would cost around 6k + around 3K for the transformer(you need a high power rating rating one) which is still lesser than a DAS6 pro which costs around 10k... I thought the transformer can be used for many other purposes as well if I am to buy ne other 110V stuff in the future...However I was quite skeptical about the frequency difference of 60Hz(US) and 50Hz(UK, India). I had a doubt whether a 110V-230V step-up transformer would also change the frequency of 60Hz to 50Hz. I tried a lot to google and understand the fundas behind it, but din get any prop info. Though in an electrical equipment the frequency change might not be a big prob, but still I am not sure about how wud it do in the long run and I un think it makes sense to take a chance in such costly stuffs. If der are any IITians in GH, mayb they could be of some help in explaining this

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

The DAs are a lot cheaper in the US than in the UK
      Totally agree. In UK the cost is just the same , but in pounds. So it is nearly double the actual price in USD

Quote Originally Posted by Abdur Rahman View Post
      I had a doubt whether a 110V-230V step-up transformer would also change the frequency of 60Hz to 50Hz. I tried a lot to google and understand the fundas behind it, but din get any prop info. Though in an electrical equipment the frequency change might not be a big prob, but still I am not sure about how wud it do in the long run and I un think it makes sense to take a chance in such costly stuffs.
      I have been using a PS3 which i got from US for 3 years with a transformer. Working fine till now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      I have been using a PS3 which i got from US for 3 years with a transformer. Working fine till now.
      Generally what I have observed on electronic gadgets is tat, the adaptor which step downs the voltage works on a frequency range of 50-60Hz..could you kindly cross check the same in ur PS3's adaptor, I mean whats the frequency on which the adaptor is working.. infact nowadays the laptop's adaptors (unno which other gadgets too, my laptop was sourced from the US) work on a voltage range of 110V-230V & 50-60Hz... but since ur PS3 works oly on 110V,curious to kno the freq range..

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Abdur Rahman View Post
      could you kindly cross check the same in ur PS3's adaptor
      Right now i am onboard a ship. Will let you know when i get to home..

Awesome

sure fernando... poppeye the sailor man pooh pooh... ROFL ....

Awesome

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      5. Performance Motor Car Care, UK (http://www.performancemotorcare.com/..._by_Brand.html)
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Because: Few niche products which are difficult to get...not ordered anything yet
      Customer Service: --
      Shipping: ---
      Shipping Cost: Reasonable shipping
      Tracking: ---
      Loyalty Points Offered: ---
      Good for: Towels, applicator pads...small orders
      Brands: Farecla G3 Professional Scratch Remover Liquid (fantastic scratch remover by hand), Applicator Waffle Pads, Farecla G3 Pro Paint Renovator, Concours Car Care, Autosol Metal Polishes, Superspray hose head
      Caveat: ---
      HARIMVK since you have used this site, can you please share your feedback in the above format

www.greenzcarcare.com

Awesome

Fordfan, it was a nice experience.

Customer Service: Good
      Shipping: Good took overall 2 weeks
      Shipping Cost: Reasonable shipping
      Tracking: Not available
      Loyalty Points Offered: No
      Good for: Towels, applicator pads...small orders
      Brands: They almost all brands.

Another good thing is that they have good tips on car detailing.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information