• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Reviews - Various Detailing Products

Wish life had an undo button !

Awesome

Has anyone used Optimum Opti Coat yet? Apparently, this one offers permanent paint protection against the elements. If someone has used this product, please share your views here.

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating FREE BONUS

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Sanchit87 is the first in India who will be applying it i guess....followed by a few others...

Short summary: works as it claims, lasts upto 5 yrs or more, makes cleaning easier and sheds dirt faster, some amount of resistance to swirling and etching from bird poop, prep takes a little work as oils from polishes if remaining can mess up the bonding...just google for it

driveclean.in

Awesome

Muc-Off - Car wash
      Its really a good product and it never harms the existing wax/sealant layer. Sourced it from UK and works fine here(smells good :0) Now its available "okloot" online store from Bangalore

Muc-off - Prewax cleanser This is good before you do the first time polish. After Mother's clay, you'll get a smooth surface. Then you use this and it cleans any residue and you polising work will be faster and less effort.

Meg - Ultimate Polish I used this when I was in US and now I am able to source it from Balaji's. Apply it and wait for just 10 mins and you can easily wipe out. Please remember to buff again and again and you'll see the gloss on your car.

Collinite - insulator 845 I think no need to explain its effectiveness

California duster After the above detail, you just need this duster for your everyday clean process. This and collinite are sourced from Sanjay(BBImpex).

Muc-off - Detailing spray wax Top up this spary wax whenever you wash your car, say once in two weeks.

This is my regular routine for keeping by ladies i10(Dark Grey) & civic(purple)
      Last edited by fordfan; 19th Nov 2012 at 21:38.

Wanderer
      Roadtrips and rides!!

Awesome

Any reviews of the Armor All Ultra Shine Liquid Polish?
      Yamaha R15 V2.0 (2012) - Bliss @ 7000 RPM!

"My circumstances don't make me who I am, they reveal who I have chosen to be."

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Re: Quick Reviews - Various Detailing Products

Don't think so :-( ... But why not post one if you got some

Btw your bike looks super!

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Had collected samples of IF Premium Polish & IF Premium wax from InstaFinish's local distributor on Thursday. he samples were puely his recommendation, based on my requirements. I had asked him for something which will provide a moderate cut & then a nice glaze for topping. I was itching to try them out & I did on this weekend on my Linea.

Here's a short review. Bear in mind that I have only Meg's UP & Collinite 845 as benchmarks. I have not used any other products so far.

Premium Polish -

It specifies abrasiveness of 3 on a scale of 0-5, so I thought it would be good to eliminate a few minor scratches & swirl marks on my Linea. Now my car doesn't have a whole lot of swirl marks - there are some, but they are visible only upon close examination directly under a fluorescent light. There are a few minor & a couple major scratches. I started with the boot & eventually managed to polish the entire car (save bpth bumpers) in about two hours. It took a lot of effort as I was trying hard to rub the scratches away. Unfortunately the Polish was a total disappointment. It didn't eliminate the scratches - just mildly reduced them, & it didn't provide much glaze. The cut is comparable to Meg's UP while the glaze from UP is certainly a lot better. Couldn't examine swirl marks in sunlight. Topped this with their Premium Wax and went home.

Came down in the evening just to examine the swirl marks, only to find that they are still there. Quite a waste of two hours of elbow grease. The only thing that's better than UP is that it can be removed quite easily even if it dries on the car. Of course, I need to give it to them that the products are primarily for use with machines, that's why it may not have worked with hand.

Premium Wax -

I asked IF whether this was a soft wax or hard one, which they replied that it was soft. I applied this on the car after the Premium Polish. Frankly, I was disappointed with the Polish, but the wax pleasantly surprised me. It's in paste form, easy to apply provided you prime the pad well. Spreads reasnably well, thugh not a well as Collinite. It's expeced though since it's in paste orm & a soft wax. The shine got was reasonably wet, though I would like something dripping wet. Best part was the fragance - it has a nice mild fragrance to it, which actually makes the waxing a whole lot more pleasant unlike Collinite which has a typical waxy smell.

I will post the pics separately in the showoff thread.

M800 is back here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      Meg - Ultimate Polish I used this when I was in US and now I am able to source it from Balaji's. Apply it and wait for just 10 mins and you can easily wipe out. Please remember to buff again and again and you'll see the gloss on your car.

Collinite - insulator 845 I think no need to explain its effectiveness
      baranjil, where did you picked the Collinite? can we get it from Chennai?
      Tried in BBImpex and seems like they are out of stock. Also does Balaji Agency stock Megs UP & Collinite 645? or they will stock it only based on order?
      Are there any other suppliers in Chennai for the above two products.
      Even 3M doesn't have stock for Megs UP

I'm planning a trip to Chennai for attending a marriage - so thinking of visiting Balaji Agencies. Could you provide me the address please?

TIA
      Last edited by riyer; 5th Jan 2013 at 20:52.
      1984 - Lambi - SOLD | 1992 - Sunny Zip - SOLD | 2005 - HH CD Dawn - SOLD | 2006 - Maruti 800 | 2008 - Hyundai i10 | 2009 - Honda Activa

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

Megs Up is available with Balaji. Collnite 845 is not sold by them. They are located behind Olymia Tech Part in Guindy. The address is available somewhere in the forum.

driveclean.in

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by riyer View Post
      Also does Balaji Agency stock Megs UP & Collinite 645?
      Balaji Chennai is having almost all stocks of Meg's & 3M. Mostly professinol products. They don't sell Collinite. You can get it from BBimpex or carstudio.in
      Yesterday I went and bought Meg's QD and 3M 1step finishing compound for my uncle.

Retired hurt detailer

Awesome

This is a negative review of a product called Washdrops Wash & Shine Car Wash Solution, No Rinse/Hose. I bought this from ebay india as a cheaper alternative to ONR. I was told by the seller that the product is imported in bulk from US and repackaged into smaller bottle here. So the packaging differs from the actual product.

They recommended 60ml to 3lt water as rinseless wash. This one looks like some very diluted shampoo. It cleans (because of the water) but nothing extraordinary. I think you will get same result with plain water. No gloss or anything like ONR. Totally disappointed and Rs. 300 wasted .

ebay product link:
      http://www.ebay.in/itm/Washdrops-Was...item19d7721810

Product website:
      http://washdrops.com/

Reviews on Amazon:
      http://www.amazon.com/Highland-Washd...ews/B003GCFUK4

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information