• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: ANHC 2009: 205000 KMs in 9 years

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
      Please let me know the measured figures of emission or share snapshot of PUC.
      Why ? what you want to do with it ?

Proud Owner Of Honda

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Why ? what you want to do with it ?
      As you might know, I also have 2009 Honda City and recently got PUC renewed so I want to compare the emission figures. Of course mine has 50k+ KMs on ODO only.
      I'm happy to own it, proud to drive it and be seen in it......... It is HONDA.........

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

As you might know,
      No, I i do not know, you never posted any ownership thread.

I want to compare the emission figures.
      You may post your numbers, (rather than asking other's to post), experts here can tell you whether they are good or not.

Once you post, i will check with the certificate available and feedback you.

I still have not got why you want to compare it, what inference you will derive and what further action you would do if your numbers are higher or lower than the ones for my car ?

based on the limits and your current available data, you can anyway make a decision.

Proud Owner Of Honda

Awesome

No, I i do not know, you never posted any ownership thread.
      Yeah I haven't created my ownership thread but I did mention my car details in this thread and here it is. So I thought you know.

You may post your numbers, (rather than asking other's to post), experts here can tell you whether they are good or not.

Once you post, i will check with the certificate available and feedback you.

I still have not got why you want to compare it, what inference you will derive and what further action you would do if your numbers are higher or lower than the ones for my car ?

based on the limits and your current available data, you can anyway make a decision.
      My car emission figures are:

CO 1.25
      CO2 1.60
      O2 15.2
      HC 586

Previous emission figures:

CO 0.62
      CO2 14.9
      O2 0.2
      HC 16

I have used liqui moly injector cleaner recently and it has improved engine performance but I'm not sure whether it increased or decreased emission. I upload my car PUC in relevant thread as well and seek advice from experts if there is any chance to lower emission.

Thanks...
      Best Regards
      I'm happy to own it, proud to drive it and be seen in it......... It is HONDA.........

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

So I thought you know.
      Sorry, i did not remember :-( getting older. Good to know another Honda City owner

I can see in latest figures, Carbon Monoxide and HydroCarbons have increased, while carbon dioxide has reduced. You should compare them with the Limits mentioned in the Bharat standards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharat...sion_standards. I have taken a screenshot and have attached below

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.05.59 PM.png
Views: 120
Size:  77.4 KB

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Sir, just saw the heading 2lac kms... You are God
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Sir, just saw the heading 2lac kms... You are God
      LOL, i had read somewhere that Honda is the GOD of Automobile, Honda City is one of his Avatar and iVTEC is his boon to the mankind

I am just a Nomad, a man who just roams around aimlessly.

Glad to see you active again on forum. it is a feel good factor to see your little dog jumping in the post stream.

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

LOL, i had read somewhere that Honda is the GOD of Automobile, Honda City is one of his Avatar and iVTEC is his boon to the mankind
      Agreed after seeing your run
      I am just a Nomad, a man who just roams around aimlessly.
      Can see the enthu still

it is a feel good factor to see your little dog jumping in the post stream.
      THis will jump more in the coming days. Some updates pending

Glad to see you active again on forum
      Project doesn't allow internet forum sites and Sat/Sun I am busy with my cricket schedules .
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Last week did a Solo trip from Bengaluru to Puttur via MAdikeri as all other near by Ghat routes were blocked for traffic due to construction or landslides

Onward route was Bengaluru - CR Patna - Holenarasipura - Arkalgudu - Goruru - Shaniwarsante - Somwarpet - Madikeri - Sampage Ghat - Suliya - Puttur.
      Return journey was through the route Puttur - Suliya - Sampage Ghat - Madikeri - Kushalnagara - Hebbale - Ramanathpura - Arkalguru - Holenarasipura - CR Patna - Bengaluru.

To and Fro Trip along with some sight seeing detours lasted for some 799 KMs over 2 days. On route met some nice rains, scenic landscapes, agri fields, farmers, backwaters scapes, water falls, coffee estates, fog covered hills, as well as traffic jams. Also met tons of relatives at the wedding event as well as enjoyed some delicious food.

While returning the car started making some whistling sound in between and it used to increase with speed as well as with AC on high speed during idling. As it was not providing any indication on dashboard, drove all the way back and showed the vehicle to the FMG mechanic. The diagnosis was that the ball bearing had gone bad internally and fan belt of alternator/AC unit had a tear /hole resulting in it being bit loose. Both ball bearing and fan belt were replaced, total cost with labour was 1000 Rupees and it took 30 minutes of time in all. Happy Car has stopped whistling and is calm and quiet like before.

Last edited by Nomad; 10th Jul 2018 at 08:17.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Added another 1095 KMs to the ODO METER, Did a solo trip to Bangalore - Udupi - Bangalore trip.

For both onward and return journey, took the Bangalore - Hassan - Belur - Chikmagalur - Aldur - Balehonnur - Jayapura - Sringeri - Agumbe - Someshwar -Udupi. Enjoyed driving on this route after almost 18-20 months. Roads are excellent throughout except small stretches inside Hassan town, Chikgalaur-Vastare, in and around Aldur.

Onward journey was a relaxed one, Started home by 6 AM, fueled up Happy Car at near by IOCL fuel station. i always like early morning starts. the Range indicator showing 560 KM always brings a smile. Bangalore roads are a pleasure to drive early mornings. Even through Sun had risen, not yet visible on the horizon. Even though Bengaloreans were awake already, they were still yet to get into their cars and lose their sanity, environment was still to be filled by vehicle honks and smoke. Quickly exited Bengaluru via Yeshvantpur - Elevated flyover, paid exit toll of RS 20/- and took left at Nelamangala on to the Hassan road. As it was a working day (Thursday), toll plazas were devoid of any queues. Toll folks were relaxed and it was almost like a fast tag experience in every lane, probably faster, minus need to align the vehicle against the reader.

i was not in a hurry, hence drove leisurely, and by 7:30, was at Kicchana Hallimane and took a break for breakfast. my favorite Kotte Kadabu was not available, so settled for single Idli-Vada followed by Neer Dosa. Trio were washed down by freshly brewed filter coffee. Breakfast break consumed 30 odd minutes, after which the journey resumed. Journey till Hassan was event less cruise at 80KMPH, interrupted by three more toll plazas. For journey till Hassan, one has to pay total 5 tolls, viz. 20+40+40+40+35 = 195/- for a distance of approx 180 odd KMs.

Took Hassan Bypass and took second last right entry into Hassan, which is the shortest stretch through Hassan to Belur Road. I always liked driving on Hassan-Belur road as there are farms on either side of the road, which grow cash crops (vegetables, flowers, grains etc) round the year except may be summer season. Over last 12 years, i always found it green compared to other areas along the plains. Karnataka is geographically divided into 3 zones, Karalvali (Coastal Area), Malenadu (Western Ghats), Bayalu Seeme (Plains). Blur-Hassan stretch even though is part of plains, it is right adjacent to Malenadu region, hence quite fertile. Took few stops to admire the vegetable farms, working farmers, fields of Gonde Hoovu (Marigold), yagachi dam, lakes and waterbodies, tank bund stretch between Belur and Chikmagalur.

Chikmagalur was already wide awake and roads were full of traffic. roads inside are somewhat pot holed and soon i was on road to Vastare. Crossed my regular CCD on the left side, was tempted to make a stop for Sugarcane breeze, but Neerdosa burped from inside stomach and i continued further without stoping. Took another stop at Amber Valley Residential school with a Lotus Pond in front of the campus. Lotus were yet to bloom, thought probably it might take time till summer, or it may not as well this coming season, considering the environmental challenges.

Resumed the journey, crossed Serai Resort and Vastare village, then came the decision point or Y fork, Charmadi or Agumbe, I took right turn towards Aldur, the road proved my decision to be a right one. Winding roads were in good shape, with some occasional pot holes and almost zero traffic ensured that i maneuvered these sudden pot holes without falling in them. This stretch all the way till Agumbe has winding roads and 3 small ghat sections. One has to drive up to higher elevations. Coffee Plantations on either side with, occasional small villages in between. Planter's clubs are coming up at Aldur, Balehonnur and Jayapura and in between. 2-3 new coffee shops have come up, i skipped all of them including oldest one Bhadra Coffee due to rains.

Balekundru Tea Estate is an odd entity among all Coffee Plantations in this area. Took a stop to click the Tea Plantscapes, amid drizzling rains. Took few stops to listen to erring sounds of the forests with plantations in between. Crossed many bridges over River Tunga which was flowing with full flow, thanks to good rains this year. Some awesome landscapes and hillscapes makes one stop and ponder, how rains change everything !!!.

Soon reached Sringeri and clock was almost at 1 PM, Fuel indicator was at halfway, searched for eateries at the outskirts, but fond none, did not want to enter the town, took a fuel stop and topped up the fuel tank of Happy Car, Fuel Girls at the Petrol station were of no help as they did not remember name of any restaurant inside sringeri and suggested i go near the Temple or Shankar Math and search. So i decided to skip going inside and drove further towards Agumbe. Rains followed and at Begar found couple of eateries, decided to stop over. Veg options were very less, decided on Tomato Curry with Rice Kadabu. Was expecting a Italian Margareta Sauce based Tomato Curry Experience, but got the Spicy Manchurian Gravey + Mashed Tomato Slice experience. Skipped second helpings on Kadabu and moved on.

Soon found a board "Kundadri" and spontaneously to decided to turn right. My last visit to Kundadri was way back in 2013. This time i was expecting i would experience some rainscapes from top apart from the lush green paddy fields i had seen last time. The Hairpin bends are very narrow and sharp, road condition is not great, but manageable in a sedan. 7 KM climb up was very engaging drive, found no descending vehicle at all. At the top found few bikers and a lone MH registered hatchback. Rains were pouring and soon i jumped out with my umbrella and took the stairs to Kundadri Hilltop.

As i reached the top, rains started pouring in a more fierce way. Windspeed's were probably higher than 130KMPH+ with whistling sound. The place had changed a lot since my last visit. The Jain temple has been barricaded and view point shelter has been erected, even the edges of the hills were barricaded with height of barricade being 7-8 feet. My Umbrella almost flew off, It was difficult to click any pictures. My phone was also not having water resistance feature. The metal sheets of the shelters were getting turned due to windspeed. So decided to return after spending some 10 minutes. Soon got into the car with wet umbrella, almost wet trousers, and t-shirt.

Descended the Ghats and soon reached Agumbe. Decided to take a tea break to warm up at the Bus stand. Rains were pouring. Enjoyed some Goli Baje's with hot Tea while watching the rains and people struggling to get in and out of mini buses which were plying. Took a second helping of Tea so that i can finish off remaining Goli Baje's and fresh chutney.

Agumbe Ghat area was full of fog and rains continued. Did not stop at Sunset view point as everything was White fog anyway. I simply love traveling through Agumbe Ghat, probably due to the nostalgia associated with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins who lived in Sringeri. Both Aunt and Uncle had passed away last year in successive months due to old age. Nostalgic Memories were more longer and winding than the the 14 hair pin bends, which soon ended and i was almost out of Malenadu and entered Karavali area.

Rest of the journey till the parent's home was powered by residual nostalgia of Agumbe/Sringeri that ensured that distance was covered quickly. Clock was at 4:00 PM. 430 Odd KMs were covered in 10 hours.

Evening and next two days were full of rains. I made couple of short visits around with parents, attended a wedding of a niece on sunday and return journey was quick, Started by 3 PM and reached home 10 PM even though rains gave company from Agumbe all the way till Belur. Took a early dinner stop at Kamath Udaypura, again I was stopping at a Kamath after many years. experience has improved quite a bit as competition among eateries have been increasing since last year and half along the Hassan-Bangalore stretch.

It was a very refreshing drive for me. Happy Car also got a FULL Monsoon drive after long time.

Last edited by Nomad; 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:27.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread Information