• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Results 471 to 478 of 478

    Thread: ANHC 2009: 210000+ KMs in 9.4 years

    1. #471
      Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!
       
      Awesome
       
      rksingh1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Chennai, Tamilnadu
      Posts
      2,761
      Blog Entries
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      return trips during night are mostly home-runs, non stop.
      True that. Infact, night drives are perfect candidates to be non-stops. You need to stop only for bio-breaks or fuel.

      Lovely pics Nomad. That sunset is mesmerizing.

    2. #472
      GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!
       
      Awesome
       
      KRRaj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Trafficluru
      Posts
      6,345
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Some pics from the trip, put into a collage...
      Thats a wonderful and beautiful collage
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

      Dai!!!

    3. #473
      Linea MJD at 1.4Lakh kms
       
      Awesome
       
      limraj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      58
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Other than this custom, there is no other custom to gift somebody when there is a death.
      New info to me.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Yes, many times, even inside Bengaluru i have driven continuously for 5.5. hours once from Intel bellandur to my home in Bengaluru north due to traffic and rains

      some of my non stop drives are
      Amazing.
      No physical strain issues??
      Back pain, thigh pain, shoulder pain, leg pain??? I get all these if I don't break in between, apart from feeling sleepy.

    4. #474
      No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      4,884
      Quote Originally Posted by limraj View Post
      No physical strain issues??
      Back pain, thigh pain, shoulder pain, leg pain???
      Generally, Fortunately, Thankfully NO. probably due to some or combination of below reasons

      1. i grew up in villages, initial 16 years were full of physical activities and without any modern lifestyle elements, this leads to some defacto physical built and fitness.
      2. I generally plan my drives well, prepares myself well, ensure that food, sleep, hydration timings and body clock are in sync
      3. my car has a low seating, the bucket seat grips my body structure in a balanced way, As i am tall, i push my seat at the rearmost position and get a nice stretched leg position while driving. Steering position/angle is slightly adjustable such that my elbows do not strain in that position. It is a natural lean back position with stretched legs similar to the position showed here. it is the most natural relaxed seating position, if i want i can lean back a bit more.

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180928-121539~2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	232898

      Quote Originally Posted by limraj View Post
      I get all these if I don't break in between, apart from feeling sleepy.
      I can not comment on your status without understanding your fitness conditions or your driving / seating position. My benchmark is simple, we used to sit on the school/class desks for 4/8 hours continuously, sometime more, so sitting on a car seat for 5 hours need not be a problem. At home, we often sleep for over 6/8 hours, so not requiring a biological break over those many hours is a natural aspect.

      There is a third element, your liking for driving. if one really likes an activity, he indulges in it. you will know which is good for you.

      Last edited by Nomad; 28th Sep 2018 at 13:29.

    5. #475
      Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!
       
      Awesome
       
      rksingh1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Chennai, Tamilnadu
      Posts
      2,761
      Blog Entries
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      There is a third element, your liking for driving
      This is the biggest element. If you have a passion to drive, you can drive even an Alto for hours too, if don't have it, your Audi will bore you in an hour.

    6. #476
      Linea MJD at 1.4Lakh kms
       
      Awesome
       
      limraj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      58
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      My benchmark is simple, we used to sit on the school/class desks for 4/8 hours continuously, sometime more, so sitting on a car seat for 5 hours need not be a problem. At home, we often sleep for over 6/8 hours, so not requiring a biological break over those many hours is a natural aspect.
      Our schools also are from 10-4; for 6 hours. We're provided breaks - at least 3 of them. The noon break lasts at least 45 mins.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      There is a third element, your liking for driving. if one really likes an activity, he indulges in it.
      Agree, but it does not save you from tiredness.
      I too like driving, have driven more than 1000 kms in a day (15-16 hours). But, not without breaks.

    7. #477
      No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      4,884
      Quote Originally Posted by limraj View Post
      But, not without breaks.
      That way breaks are built into current highway driving, for every 40-50 KMs there is a toll plaza and we crawl for few minutes, sometime stop as well.

      What i meant by break is one switches off the engine, everyone moves away to another activity etc. in night drives, many times i get down for a minute or two, for biological break keep engine ON as girls are sleeping, many times, i pull aside at toll plazas to buy water bottles or wash face, such incidences i do not consider as breaks.

      i too have never driven for 15-16 hours continuously

    8. #478
      Linea MJD at 1.4Lakh kms
       
      Awesome
       
      limraj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      58
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      That way breaks are built into current highway driving, for every 40-50 KMs there is a toll plaza and we crawl for few minutes, sometime stop as well.

      What i meant by break is one switches off the engine, everyone moves away to another activity etc. in night drives, many times i get down for a minute or two, for biological break keep engine ON as girls are sleeping, many times, i pull aside at toll plazas to buy water bottles or wash face, such incidences i do not consider as breaks.
      For me breaks mean, I need to get out from the drivers seat (or any seat, if I am not driving). Others are not breaks.

    Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Long term Ownership review of my honda city
      By Petroholic in forum NHC
      Replies: 61
      Last Post: 16th Jan 2018, 09:20
    2. Replies: 376
      Last Post: 1st May 2017, 19:54
    3. Replies: 34
      Last Post: 14th Apr 2014, 14:06
    4. 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi (P) - Long term review
      By Mustang.101 in forum Fiesta
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: 3rd Oct 2012, 22:28
    5. STANLEY SEAT COVERS LONG TERM REVIEW.
      By Frankenstein in forum Bodywork & Interiors
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 29th Jun 2010, 12:39

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •