• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: ANHC 2009: 222000+ KMs in 9.9 years

Majingilane

Awesome

Remember the time when I was driving my esteem via Dimbam, felt super sleepy and stopped for a nap at about 2am in the night near a big rock waiting for my friends to catch up from coimbatore. The rock that I saw moved ever so slowly and that is when I realized that it was an elephant by the side of the road that I had parked next to.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Isn't the Germalam section a beautiful section to drive on?
      Yes, even during the end of winters (fall season) forest is still thick, green and beautiful. I stopped at many sections and clicked videos. I realized that there are plenty of places to explore in this 200 KM stretch from Bangalore. I am yet to visit BR Hills. Chamrajnagar and surrounding areas. may be will plan a drive during monsoons.

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      The rock that I saw moved ever so slowly and that is when I realized that it was an elephant by the side of the road that I had parked next to.
      with that profile pic of yours , that rock might have been scared and wanted to quietly runaway from that place.

PetrolPowered+DieselDriven

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      I did not take many pictures during the trip
      Here are some clicked during my Bangalore>Coimbatore drive in Nov 2015 in my former XUV 500.

The details are here.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Nomad.
      MY HIGHWAY CRUISERS: TATA NEXON MOROCCAN BLUE DT XZA+ D [6 JULY 2018] . THUNDERBIRD 500 TWILIGHT [15 APRIL 2013]

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days

Awesome

Small Loop Drive over the weekend

Last two to three weeks were hectic with business trip to Mumbai, personal trip to Pune to attend a former colleague's daughter's wedding and meeting some of my engineering class mates after 25 years of passing out, it was followed by industry events like Defense and Aerospace Workshop, Semiconductor and Electronics Industry Vision summit, DRDO Seminar, Cyber Security workshops, Aeroshow 2019 which kept the brain in hyper active mode. In between a close healthy and very active relative passed away within 3 days of developing some lever complications due to jaundice and the whole extended family plunged into shock and disbelief.

Pulwama terrorist attack and death of 40+ of our soldiers caused further shock. Aeroshow 2019 even though mesmerized by the Air Display, Exhibitions and interactions with some senior Defense Ministry and DRDO folks, the crash of suryakirans and death of a pilot, followed by fire accident which caused total loss of 200-300 cars further caused the mood to dip. Thankfully i had not driven my car to the Aeroshow and last minute decision to take uber saved me the happy car as i was supposed to park my vehicle in the same open parking which faced the fire accident.

After thanking my luck, i decided to drive to coastal karnataka to attend the 12th/13th day ritual of my departed relative. wife and daughter opted out of this supposed to be hectic drive trip as daughter had to attend exams on monday. Original plan was to drive to Udupi on Sunday, stay with parents and then attend the rituals on Monday, stay back and return on tuesday. But on Saturday, some one called and wanted to me to meet some foreign visitors on tuesday itself as they were planning to return on tuesday night. Then learnt that my brother will be going to Gokarna with his friends/colleagues and would join me in the return drive. then learnt that parents would not be in Udupi during weekend as they would be attending some event at our temple in Ankola and staying there itself over 2-3 days.

So the entire plan got redrafted to include a loop drive from Bangalore, starting by 4 AM on sunday to reach Ankola by early afternoon, attend the event at the temple, brother will join us on sunday evening at Ankola, then on monday morning drive to a small town called Shirali, some 2 hours drive from Ankola towards Udupi, then drop parents back home at Udupi and drive back to Bangalore and reach home by midnight on monday. So here i was once again on a solo trip in happy car to one of the favorite places on earth, Karavali coast, another 1100 KMs round trip, a small loop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.15.40 PM.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	356.7 KB 
ID:	235096

Started from Home as planned exactly at 4 AM, had already refueled Happy car previous day morning, took a stop at near by ATM to top up the wallet with some cash. Took the Hebbal Flyover - Mekhi Circle, IISC Gate, Yeshvantpur, Goreguntepalya, Elevated road to Nagasandra, paid RS 20 toll and exited Nelamangala, paid another toll till Tumkur and soon was out of Namma Bengaluru for 2 good days. It was still dark, traffic was insignificant as it was sunday. first hour i covered 80 KMs and cross Tumkur, Second hour i covered another 110 KMs, soon crossed Chitradurga and sun was yet to emerge from the east.

Roads between Chitradurga and Davangere are getting 6 laned. There were about 6 diversions each of about 1.5 KMS to 3 KM long. some where before Davangere, stopped for watching sunrise and enjoy some cool breeze and lush green fields, and a train chugging along at a distance. The break of 20 minutes was good and soon I entered Davangere town for some Benne Dosa. Kottureshwara Dosa restaurant was yet to be ready to dish out the Dosas, had to wait for some 20 minutes, and other 20 minutes to consume 2 dosass, and went to nearby another restaurant to get coffee. The journey was resumed by 8:15 AM

Soon returned to Davangere-Harihar Bypass, drove all the way till the Bankapur toll plaza and then took turn towards Mundgod. Roads between Harihar and Bankapur are under construction, resurfacing, widening, flyovers getting built etc etc. there are numeours diversions which are filled with speed breakers, i lost count of diversions after reaching double digits. The state roads further from Bankapur were in great shape, soon crossed the mundgod town, took couple of stops in the forest to click some pics of the fall season, reached Yellapur and took another tea break at Shanbag restaurant. Resumed the drive by 11:45 PM and another hours drive brought me to my destination in Ankola. The Arabail-Mastikatta Ghat is in great shape and offered a smooth tarmac. Dandakaranya Forests were think and green, even in the fall season. I enjoyed this last phase of drive very much.

After noon was spent at the temple, observing some pooja rituals, had the lunch at the temple itself, took an after noon nap after a tasty meal, visited the Ankola Nadibaug Beach with parents and watched an excellent and glorious sunset. Soon brother joined us and rest of the evening was spent in remembering some nostalgic memories of our 5 years living in Gokarna and years at the school there.

Next day morning, me and my original parter in crimes, my brother woke up early and left to explore Gangavali River Estuary and Honey Beach, watched a glorious sun rise at the estuary and trekked down to Honey beach and returned back to the temple, just in time for the breakfast. We got ready by 10 AM and started the drive to Shirali. It took about 2 hours drive to reach our interim milestone, next three and half hours were spent at relative's home.

Journey was resumed by 3:30 PM, one and half hour behind schedule. we had one more passenger, my cousin brother joined us till Udupi. An 90 minutes drive brought us to parents home, spent another 20 minutes and eventually resumed Home run by 5 PM, almost 2 hours behind schedule. Dropped the cousin on route, refueled at Suratkal, bypassed Mangalore, skipped the sunset near BC Road, stopped for another KT at Kalladka for another 20-25 minutes.

Traffic till Uppinangadi was dense, Drive through Shiradi was awesome, thanks to great concrete tarmac from Subramaniya Cross uptill the point from where Ghat starts. The last phase of the road till Sakleshpur town continues to be terrible. We soon crossed Sakleshpur town, hassan town, Udayapura and stopped for dinner near Chennarayapattana. We resumed the journey after dinner by 10 PM, and other two and half hours drive brought me home, brother got down at Yeshwantpur and took an Uber to his home in south Bangalore. It took another hour and half for me to hit the bed and sleep.

So from 3 AM wake up on Sunday to 2 AM sleeping time on Tuesday morning, some 47 hours were used up for this loop drive. Happy Car behaved as expected, Added another 1100+ KMs to the ODO, behaved as a reliable partner, a constant in a weekend of a Nomad.

Last edited by Nomad; 26th Feb 2019 at 22:26.

Needing a Pajero!

Awesome

Small Loop Drive over the weekend
      Small, eh ?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thankfully i had not driven my car to the Aeroshow and last minute decision to take uber saved me the happy car as i was supposed to park my vehicle in the same open parking which faced the fire accident.
      Long live the happy car!

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread Information