In the recent few weeks, we've got a lot of requests by members to condense the scrolling on the Home Page. Request for a few sections to be omitted from New Posts like ETC, Classifieds etc.

Instead of us doing it at a Forum Level, true to Gearheads spirit we decided to let every user setup the Home Page and New Posts the way he would like to. Another first on any Indian Automotive Forum

To customize the Home Page and New Posts, to the way you want to, kindly follow the steps below:

1. On the top right of your screen, please click on the "Settings" button.

2. Under "My Settings" ---> "My Account" ---> "General Settings". Scroll to the bottom of the page.

3. You should see the following two settings in your screen.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gearheadsnewposts.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	114050

4. In "Exclude Forums from What's New", select the Forums "including the child forums" that you do not wish to see in your New Posts.

Eg: If I wish to prevent the entire Classifieds from showing up in my New Posts, you have to highlight every single child forum under Classifieds.

5. To select multiple sub sections, click with holding the "Ctrl" key down.

6. There is also an option to prevent the same sub sections from showing up on your Main Forum Page as well, to enable that leave the "Hide Forums from Forumhome" option checked.

7. Once you are done selecting all the sub sections you do no wish to see on your New Posts, click on Save Changes.

Do feel free to gives us your Feedback on the Feedback Section of the Forum.

Regards,
Gearheads Support Staff.