• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: The Home Audio Discussion Thread

Is now aware that he can set
      his status here.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by navin_rayi View Post
      Had a great time listening to these at my car audio installer Mr. Zuhemi's home. I believe you procurred this from him...right??? You are the one who introduced me to him on the first install. The photo is still therein my thread. My current setup was also done by him.
      Hi, Navin! Yes, I remember. New setup now, huh?

I actually bought my speakers and amp and cables from the manufacturer - designer.

Zuheimi is blessed with a big enough room, so the speakers actually sound outstanding in his place!

Jack of all trades, master of
      none :0

Awesome

After all these years, i didn't expected a sudden reply from you. felt great. Hope eveythings fine with you.

Last setup done two years back and running great till now. But occasionally i used to visit him. Had two or three auditions at his place. Don't know time flies when i am with that guy. All that discussions and all that. Hang in there buddy. Will meet up some time when i come for vacation. I will try to post some pictures of my hifi setup in my home. Not much but it will serve me good on these hectic days.
      * Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi *
      * Alpine IVA-W502E * Focal PS165 * FocalPC165 * Alpine 12 Type R * Alpine MRP-F600 * Alpine MRP-M850 * Alpine PXA-H100 Imprint Processor *

* Home Audio Source - Custom Core i7 PC *
      * DAC - Denon DA-300USD * Amplifier - Yaqin MS-34B with KT88-98, 12AX7 & 6CA7 * Speakers - Q Acoustics 3020 on Alctron Acoustic Pads *

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Had the opportunity to listen to the Rethms at the man cave. Those things just sound awesome.

Coming from auditioning the Dynaudio Excite & Studio , Pro AC's, I honestly didn't expect to be blown away the way I did.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Had the opportunity to listen to the Rethms at the man cave. Those things just sound awesome.

Coming from auditioning the Dynaudio Excite & Studio , Pro AC's, I honestly didn't expect to be blown away the way I did.

Did you listen to them at the Rethm Studio? The setup there in Kochi is just incredible. Had the pleasure of listening to them there once. Am certain they are my next speakers.

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

No, it was at our dealers place. He's got a massive fascination for Car & Home Audio. His demo setups include a ton of Cambridge Audio equipment, Naim Audio, Marantz, Plinius, Pro AC, Dynaudio, Linn, Rethm.

2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

his status here.

Awesome

RoC, the setup at Zuheimi's place is arguably as good as the studio setup. He has Saadhanas running off the older Gaanam amp, with an Ayon CD2S in the front. We get to listen to the Saadhanas in a more real-world kind of room. I think the room is 14 x 25 feet or so. Perfect rectangle, doubling as his living room. (Though WAF issues are non existent, heh heh).

his status here.

Awesome

That said, Rahul, I'll take you to the Rethm Studio the next time you're here. The room there adds a lot to the experience. The presentation of sound is far far better there, than at Zuheimi's place.

The Terminator

Awesome

Have ordered Wave SoundTouch music system IV from USA. Should get it here in India in 2-3 months.

I had scrapped plan of getting an audio/ Home theater system after creating this thread. Sometime ago, made up my mind to buy something purely for music. My tastes and preferences changed over time. Don't want to get into audiophile hobby. So decided to get something less bulky, has a decent sound, easy to set up and just works out of the box. Did some extensive research on the products and on the companies. Finally decided to settle down with Bose.
      Last edited by Skynet; 19th Jun 2016 at 21:23.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      If I need to add anything, that'll be a Denon AVR+Speakers Combo. Its sad Denon is not into HTIBs anymore.
      Why worry when you can get a bright child like Boston Acoustics born after Denon and Marantaz matched and formed into D&M group.

There is 5.1 package based on A23 speakers by BA. If want better setup then build by mixing up A26, A25/A23 and A225C. Later can add sub from same series or free to get sub from any other brand. Couple them with Denon AVR.

Even I have been eyeing on speaker upgrades and was searching to audition Q acoustics, Boston acoustics and Wharfedale Diamond 220 since last couple of months but couldn't find them anywhere in my city, actually very few such stores at my place who deal in such brands. Only could audition Dali, Sonodyne and few others and didn't find anything wrong with them but heart is still wishing something from either of the first three options I mentioned. Looks like will have to take plunge and will have to order them online or maybe again will dig into DIY route like last time and will have to build the speakers myself.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

much needed upgrade in every home audio!!

OT:
      A Gift for Music Lovers Who Have It All: A Personal Utility Pole - WSJ

“Electromagnetic interference from appliances being used by neighbors could propagate through a shared transformer and have an audible effect. ”

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread Information