• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Skil Car Polisher 9070 (Rotary) Review

driveclean.in

Awesome

Skil Car Polisher 9070 (Rotary) Review

Hi all,

I am using the Skil - rotary polisher (made by Bosch India) for the last two years and it came from Bangalore. SKIL Polishers | Polisher | Power Tools Online

Here are my opinions and review about the usage.

When I went to Merc's service center, those guys were using this polisher. I inquired it and came to know its a Bosch product. Its easily available in the Tools shop in Chennai. I sourced through Vikram Tools- Porur.

The noise level is less and acceptable. Till now I don't have any issue except it little heaviness compared with actual Bosch.

Cost:
      Rs. 4200 /-

Package:

A rotary polisher, two handles ( a rod and cover type), 7" backing plate and a very good carry bag. You can see it in the images. This is big enough to carry your polish pads and some polish/wax materials. The backing plate has velcro, so you can change the polishing and buffing pad.

For polishing pad, you can buy the Meg's yellow foam pad from Balaji, Chennai for 1000 /-. foam or wool Buffing pad is 450 /-

Usage:

There are 5 speed settings in it. The On/Off switch is on the exact bottom where you hold the polisher. So, its very comfortable to On/off the Skil.

Once you clean the surface, you can apply some amount of polish on the pad in a circular fashion. Please do not apply the polish on the edge of the pad. This will through out the polish when the polisher in action. lace gently on the car body and keep the speed setting to 2. Now you can On the polisher and slowly move it in a circular method. Once you apply the polish to the place, you can take out the polisher and adjust the speed settings to 4. Now you put it back on the car body and ON the polisher. Please do it in circular movement with overlap. You'll see a shiny part is coming out of your car. Once you are satisfied, switch off the skil, and wipe off residue using a MF cloth.

Speed setting 4 is good enough for DIY guys. I started with 3 and now I am in to 4. Since its little heavy, there is no need to give any extra pressure when you do the polishing.

Important Note:

This polisher has 7" backing plate and you put 7" foam pad. So, always keep an eye on the edges. It can easily damage the edges when you do any corner place. For bumper & door edges, I always use small foam applicator.

I do machine polish once in 6 months and it really worth it. Thanks fordfan for the idea of a new thread. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Process:

Meg Ultimate car wash -> Mothers clay -> Muc-off pre wax cleanser -> Meg's ultimate polish(machine) -> buff machine -> Collinite 845 by hand

Name:  skil_01.jpg
Views: 2952
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  skil_on_off.jpg
Views: 2948
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  skil_speed_settings.jpg
Views: 2944
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  skill_set.jpg
Views: 2951
Size:  55.2 KB
      Last edited by fordfan; 20th Nov 2012 at 07:54.

dubbu dubbu dubbu

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      Cost: Rs. 4200 /-
      this ebay listing is for 7759

Branded Skil CAR POLISHER 9070 | eBay

Another one for 9759 ..

Last edited by fernando; 19th Nov 2012 at 23:39.
      "Sailors work like horses at sea and spend their money like asses ashore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECLIPSE CD7200 MKII / KENWOOD KOS-A300 / DYNAUDIO ESOTEC 242 / HELIX P-400 / ULTIMO SC 12 / JBL GTO 751EZ / MONSTER XLN 402 / GLADEN CINCH ZERO / GLADEN 11 & 13 GAUGE / DAMPMAT / FOCAL 4 GAUGE AMP WIRING KIT

driveclean.in

Awesome

Will check with where I bought(Vikram Tools - Porur) and update the exact price. the ebay price is definitely higher side.
      I still have the bill & warranty card with me.

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Re: Skil Car Polisher 9070 (Rotary) Review

Hi

Can you check and share info on two things please?

1. Can show us how long the length of the cord is when it is opened fully?

2. When using it does the machine get bogged down i.e. while the machine is rotating can you apply too much pressure on the head to make the pad stop spinning?

fernando there are local dealers available so no need for ebay. I will try and call up their bangalore dealer to check the price
      Last edited by fordfan; 20th Nov 2012 at 07:52.

driveclean.in

Awesome

I think the cord length is about 4 meters. I can take it the whole side of the Civic from bumper to bumper and still some cord left.

If you give extra pressure the spinning gets slower in the lower speed(1-2) settings but never stops. In high speed, I'll test and update.

Awesome

Re: Skil Car Polisher 9070 (Rotary) Review

I think the cord length is about 4 meters. I can take it the whole side of the Civic from bumper to bumper and still some cord left.
      Thanks that's a very useful way of representing the cord length

If you give extra pressure the spinning gets slower in the lower speed(1-2) settings but never stops. In high speed, I'll test and update.
      Ok that's good to know
      ---
      Very useful review thanks once again

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

I am quite familiar with Skil being aware of it since 1989 or so. I had a Skil power screwdriver bought in 1991 which worked till about 1998 when the batteries gave up the ghost. It is a good reliable brand, so at least on the quality front there should be nothing to worry about.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

fordfan, do you have this machine. Is yes then we can have a demo. If not then planning to buy it??
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Awesome

Don't have but planning to buy...the price of around 5k-7k makes it more attractive compared to better brands. I can buy two of these for the price of one Rupes machine which i quite liked.

Am planning to call up some of the dealers in Yeshwantpur and see if they will let me play with it before purchase.

Any machine is safe enough if you start with most non abrasive products like a wax or finishing polish to get used to it before moving to more aggressive compounds

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
      this ebay listing is for 7759

Another one for 9759 ..

This website has it up for sale @ 5299/-

Skil 9080 7inch Car polisher 1300w buy online at best price in India with warranty service review

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information