• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: After Market Lighting Upgrades

Hello friends

Awesome

After the footwell lights, got another small upgrade. Trunk lights in my polo.
      Should be a moderate difficulty diy for the diyers though i got it installed from my mechanic.
      Got these lights off Amazon sale for some 120 bucks. The power wire for now is connected to my amp power wire, though I will change it and connect with a fuse tap which is on the way. It is connected to the switch in the boot lid and the lights only turn on when the boot is opened.
      Here's a night shot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      I just put in footwell lights into my polo which I ordered from Aliexpress.
      Do you call this an upgrade? An upgrade will see a car change for something better like driving and handling and some value for the user but what does this 10 dollar Ali Baba upgrade do to a 15,000 dollar car? Will you be driving while looking into the footwell?
      Upgrades are falsely claimed to increase the value of your car. When I look at a used car and I see these sorts of 'upgrades' I will run away.

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      Do you call this an upgrade? An upgrade will see a car change for something better like driving and handling and some value for the user but what does this 10 dollar Ali Baba upgrade do to a 15,000 dollar car? Will you be driving while looking into the footwell?
      Upgrades are falsely claimed to increase the value of your car. When I look at a used car and I see these sorts of 'upgrades' I will run away.
      Well i didn't require your critique expertise that you go around doing everywhere. Don't like it, then just ignore it no one forced you to come here and read my post. Neither do I see myself asking for someone's opinion here.

@ Thiruvananthapuram
      Remapped

Awesome

Easy Doc. LOL.
      Indian - He already said its a small upgrade. Besides anything from stock to 3rd party is a change right? Not necessarily to improve driving/performance. Eg: ICE upgrades.

Hope all are good
      Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly ...
      Ford Ecosport 1.0 Ecoboost (4000km, Golden, #Code6 #EvilSport tuned)
      Verna SX CRDI ABS (Sold)

Searcing new Destinations...

Awesome

Chill Guys
      I think what Indian probably meant was that putting puddle lights could be called a change and not an upgrade.
      Everybody has his own views, and let's leave it at that.
      www.cns.co.in

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Guys the thing is that REAL upgrades like Engine Swaps, Change of GC (Lowriders and tall Bigfoots), NOS addition, Repulsive Radar (A-la-NFS), Supercharger addition, Suspension change etc are NOT ALLOWED as per Indian laws. So little things like adding lights, Stickers, New alloys, Subwoofers etc are all the UPGRADES that we Indians can flaunt.

I often watch things like Grease monkeys, LEEPU, Bleeping Jeep, Mighty car mods etc... And it brings water to my eyes (And mouth).

Searcing new Destinations...

Awesome

I think upgrades/changes are permitted as per the law, only conditionn is you need to run it through the RTO and it ahould be endorsed in your RC. Making any changes without intimation/approval is against law.
      www.cns.co.in

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Well the thread itself says "After-Market-Lighting-Upgrades".So Dr.lakshay was right to put his upgrade in correct thread. Anything fitment which results into better outcome is eligible to be called as upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.lakshay View Post
      The control module is powered through cigarette lighter socket
      I liked Polos ambient lighting. Looks cool. But intensity is quite high. Is there a provision for dimming it? Also the cigrate lighter type adapter has red led. IMO it should be of blue colour too.
      Last edited by s13; 19th Jun 2017 at 17:40.

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by s13 View Post
      Well the thread itself says "After-Market-Lighting-Upgrades".So Dr.lakshay was right to put his upgrade in correct thread. Anything fitment which results into better outcome is eligible to be called as upgrade.

I liked Polos ambient lighting. Looks cool. But intensity is quite high. Is there a provision for dimming it? Also the cigrate lighter type adapter has red led. IMO it should be of blue colour too.
      First of all thank you. Yes this is an aftermarket lighting upgrade what was the need of any bashing.
      Yea the intensity can be reduced. It's at highest when the pic was taken. After its direct from fuse, the cigarette lighter would be free

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread Information