• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: After Market Lighting Upgrades

Retired hurt detailer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by metal_heart View Post
      Thanks. The thread has been a good read. Especially learned to stay away from COB LED bulbs. I'm really impressed by the focused beam pattern in your car; and (now) i'm more inclined to order these.

any word of advice or links? I need H1 type bulbs for my High Beam. (with sufficient street lightning in city; I have made peace with average low beam of linea but on highway; throw & brightness leaves a lot to be desired).

These LED's are of 35W; I guess upto 50W should be workable; but there aren't many option
      The throw of LEDs are in general poor. So, I wouldn't advice them for high beam.

Also, I think you should go by the output Lumens to compare the light output instead of wattage.

Karma has no menu, you get
      served what you deserve

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
      The throw of LEDs are in general poor. So, I wouldn't advice them for high beam.
      Ah... that closes down the search then. I dont' want to put 6500K light in low beam(s) and haven't yet found good one's in 4300K color temp. (For same reason; no putting them in fog aswell)
      With my home town in CHD; having one the most notorious and harassing traffic cops; I don't (and can't) upgrade to anything street illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
      Also, I think you should go by the output Lumens to compare the light output instead of wattage
      Yeah; ofcourse.

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

I dont' want to put 6500K light in low beam(s) and haven't yet found good one's in 4300K color temp. (For same reason; no putting them in fog aswell)
      I agree. I say 4300K for normal lights and 2700K for fogs. I have 3000K (HIDs) in my fogs but experience teaches me the 2700K may have been better.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

served what you deserve

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      . I have 3000K (HIDs) in my fogs.
      Are HID straight fit as LED bulbs. I was under impression that HID without projector just blinds; but putting in fog seems OK

Could you provide some more details about same

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

Are HID straight fit as LED bulbs. I was under impression that HID without projector just blinds; but putting in fog seems OK
      Even LEDs need a box with the power unit so are not strictly drop in.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

served what you deserve

Awesome

Installed LED spot light bars in my car; here are more details about it. Please do share your thoughts

Hello friends

Awesome

Installed LED spot light bars in my car; here are more details about it. Please do share your thoughts
      I personally think that these led light bars are a menace. They blind the oncoming traffic and are hence dangerous (not to mention they are illegal too). Even halogen and led headlights can be dangerous if not aligned properly. But led has the highest tendency to blind the traffic. Also I have used led before and feel halogen illuminate the road ahead better. Now that I use a car with projector headlights, I fell that it is the best possible setup without blinding others.
      From the images it seems like the addition of led isn't doing much. May be you should post long throw results with and without the leds turned on.
      I am using led spot lights in my bike though purely for highway drives and it is set at a very low level i.e. About a feet (maybe lower) from ground and still positioned to aim lower and not higher or vertically and it gives very good throw without blinding the oncoming traffic. So if you are not satisfied with your light currently, you could mount it somewhere lower to see results.

Regards
      Lakshay Goel

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

served what you deserve

Awesome

After Market Lighting Upgrades

LED by nature are insanely bright and all over the place; but then majority of them have flood pattern beam

I purchased ĎSPOTí beam pattern hoping better focused light. Currently their focus is set just below the HIí beams

My use is purely on divided highways and have habit of dipping as soon as I spot a vehicle. hopefully it shouldnít bother

Worst case; if I encounter a lot of rejection from fellow road user; Iíll move them to lower dam and cover them with yellow tint (and use as pure fogs)

Iím yet to try them out on a deserted /unlit road so not sure of throw. (None around my home/ofc). Donít wanna go to an unknown isolated dark roads and be a prey

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Want to replace cabin light 12v10w bulb to led . What is the similar watt in led.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sparkls View Post
      Want to replace cabin light 12v10w bulb to led . What is the similar watt in led.
      Roughly 1~2 watt led should be enough.

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread Information