• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire 2012 ZXI or Hyundai i20 2012 Sportz 1.2

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Post Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire 2012 ZXI or Hyundai i20 2012 Sportz 1.2

Hi Guys,
      I'm from Bangalore and planning to buy my first car. My usage will be like maximum 500 kms per month and may go for an
      out station drive once in every three months and city usage will be very limited. Based on this I have decided to go with a petrol version. Now I'm stuck on 2 models, Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire 2012 ZXI or Hyundai i20 2012 Sportz 1.2. On the size part, Length is same for both 3995mm and Width 1710mm (DZire) and 1695mm (i20) so parking space concerns are same for both. Both car should be able to accommodate 5 people easily but I think i20 has a slight edge on back seat comfort with regards to rear legroom. (Not sure if I'm correct).

When it comes to the features, i20 is luxurious loaded filled with features which DZire misses (Rain sensing wipers, reverse camera,
      air-filtering ionizer, electric folding ORVMs, Gear Shift indicator, bluetooth connectivity, smart pedal system etc.). Other than Reverse camera I'm not sure how much useful other features are, but definitely these are provided with a less price tag than DZire. Can some one who has used these features comment on how handy or useful they are?

I read about some issues with i20, the Steering rattle, poor AC and the underpowered 1.2L petrol engine. Are these issues rectified?. How is the DZire behavior on the last statement? Especially while overtaking how is the engine response for DZire and i20? My conclusion is DZire wins in this area? Correct me If I'm wrong.

I would like to know the handling of both cars at high speeds? How is the breaking? For Long drives which one is the best choice?.

After all the after sales service and maintenance cost, because as of now the one I'm gonna buy will be my companion for the next 10 yrs. Heard Hyundai's service and maintenance costs are usually higher than that of the competition. Is this understanding correct?

So can you guys please help me out on the above questions?

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

I doubt both the cars you have shortlisted can accomodate 5 adults comfortably. As for the features, though it may seem useless on paper, when you start using it, you will find it very handy.

Handling -> Dzire is better than i20

Engine Response -> Not sure about i20, but swift petrol engine is very peppy.

ASS -> Maruti wins even though Hyundai isnt bad.

Awesome

Thanks Howdy.

How is the breaking? I read lot of issues on Swift braking at low speeds. Is this issue rectified? Is this an issue with Vdi/Vxi models only or Z series too has the same braking issue? Is this an issue with Swift only or Swift DZire also has the same problem? Can you shed some light on this?.

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSpeed View Post
      Can you shed some light on this?.
      Here is the thread on the issue : Swift ZXI - Braking Concern - Page 62
      They are claiming that the braking issue solved with an ECU update.

Veethi.co.in
      The Terminator

Awesome

Between i20 1.2 Sportz & Swift Dzire ZXI, I would prefer Dzire. BTW Did you check Honda Jazz?.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

In a loop

Secret

Two problems were reported on the new Swift/Dzire. a) Poor breaks in the l and V trims across diesel and petrol b) breaks becoming hard at lower rpms. #b is resolved with the ECU upgrade and #a does not apply to ZXI trim. With the i20, Steering rattles were only there on cars with certain VIN numbers and a/c is no longer an issue but not on par with Dzire a/c. Power is still an issue with i20, high speed handling no so good with poor steering feedback. Dzire scores on handling, engine, streering feedback, after sales service, front seats, slightly bigger boot space while Dzire' cannot seat 5 comfortably and the build quality is suspect when compared to i20.

Beat It is ..

Awesome

Dzire ,I20 both Models use engines which were designed for there smaller siblings swift and I10 .. if you compare between Dzire and i20 Dzire is much more peppy .As mentioned earlier ,Hyundai's service and maintainence costs are comparitively expensive than Maruthi ...
      If you are not too keen on features I would say go for the DZire

BTW if you had Diesel as on option ..It wouldbe I20 spot on -- no questions but i20 is too heavy for 1.2 ltr petrol engine I guess

Dream Garage is coming soon!!!

Awesome

GoodSpeed,

Go for Honda Jazz instead of I20 and D-zire.Jazz is an excellent Car for brilliant engine(1.2 I-VTEC Engine),Space and Utility and others.So,Jazz will make you winner in the end.

In a loop

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Music_Swift View Post
      Go for Honda Jazz instead of I20 and D-zire.Jazz is an excellent Car for brilliant engine(1.2 I-VTEC Engine),Space and Utility and others.So,Jazz will make you winner in the end.
      Per Babbanji Franklin, it seems Honda has stopped taking bookings of Jazz

Awesome

Maruti suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSpeed View Post
      Hi Guys,
      I'm from Bangalore and planning to buy my first car. My usage will be like maximum 500 kms per month and may go for an
      out station drive once in every three months and city usage will be very limited. Based on this I have decided to go with a petrol version. Now I'm stuck on 2 models, Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire 2012 ZXI or Hyundai i20 2012 Sportz 1.2. On the size part, Length is same for both 3995mm and Width 1710mm (DZire) and 1695mm (i20) so parking space concerns are same for both. Both car should be able to accommodate 5 people easily but I think i20 has a slight edge on back seat comfort with regards to rear legroom. (Not sure if I'm correct).

When it comes to the features, i20 is luxurious loaded filled with features which DZire misses (Rain sensing wipers, reverse camera,
      air-filtering ionizer, electric folding ORVMs, Gear Shift indicator, bluetooth connectivity, smart pedal system etc.). Other than Reverse camera I'm not sure how much useful other features are, but definitely these are provided with a less price tag than DZire. Can some one who has used these features comment on how handy or useful they are?

I read about some issues with i20, the Steering rattle, poor AC and the underpowered 1.2L petrol engine. Are these issues rectified?. How is the DZire behavior on the last statement? Especially while overtaking how is the engine response for DZire and i20? My conclusion is DZire wins in this area? Correct me If I'm wrong.

I would like to know the handling of both cars at high speeds? How is the breaking? For Long drives which one is the best choice?.

After all the after sales service and maintenance cost, because as of now the one I'm gonna buy will be my companion for the next 10 yrs. Heard Hyundai's service and maintenance costs are usually higher than that of the competition. Is this understanding correct?

So can you guys please help me out on the above questions?
      I would like to know the handling of Maruti-Suzuki car at high speeds?
      How is the breaking?
      For Long drives which one is the best choice?.
      -------------------------------------------------------
      2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information