• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Hatchbacks - Performance Shootout!

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Italia-Linea View Post
      Figo is obviously slow so is punto.
      Yay ! Figo-Punto Bhai-bhai.

But then ,you go and spoil the slowcoach brotherhood by saying it's not as slow as I'm portraying it.
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

Thought Process

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by machi vijay View Post
      Yes. for me i have got a few information/comparison listed here which enlightened me about some timing performances of cars. For me this discussion is looking healthy and also time pass. so anyone offended by the posts pls feel free to OT/ report so cleanup can be done.
      To enlighten you more as you are willing to have a look at performance figures, with open mind without outright bashing ,below are some of the facts. Some people may again try to say Linea is a slowcouch, but figures say otherwise.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ranking 1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	127706  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40-100.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	127704  

Name:	0-100.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	127703  

Name:	30-80.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	127702  

Name:	ranking 2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	127707  

Name:	Driveability.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	127705  

Last edited by Italia-Linea; 28th Jan 2013 at 14:13.

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Italia-Linea View Post
      To enlighten you more as you are willing to have a look at performance figures, below are some of the facts. Some people may again try to say Linea is a slowcouch, but figures say otherwise.
      And the source for the figures is?

The thing I hate about roll-on figures is, each one has their own method. Some use 20-80 in 3rd, some use 30-80 in 3rd. Then there is always a worry of how these roll-on tests were done. Do you maintain a steady speed of 20 or 30kmph and then floor till 80? Or do you just drop out of boost in 3rd let the car coast and then floor the throttle and from the figures pull out the 20-80 or 30-80 timings? Assuming that this will be accurate only when done on a Vbox and nothing else.

That is why 0-100 and 1/4 mile figures are still considered *standard*. There is no descripency on how to achieve the fastest times. Get a good launch and shift asap to reach the ton mark.

Plus those stats look really old and I see a lot of the cars are missing in that list. How old is it anyway?
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Thought Process

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      And the source for the figures is?

The thing I hate about roll-on figures is, each one has their own method. Some use 20-80 in 3rd, some use 30-80 in 3rd. Then there is always a worry of how these roll-on tests were done. Do you maintain a steady speed of 20 or 30kmph and then floor till 80? Or do you just drop out of boost in 3rd let the car coast and then floor the throttle and from the figures pull out the 20-80 or 30-80 timings? Assuming that this will be accurate only when done on a Vbox and nothing else.

That is why 0-100 and 1/4 mile figures are still considered *standard*. There is no descripency on how to achieve the fastest times. Get a good launch and shift asap to reach the ton mark.

Plus those stats look really old and I see a lot of the cars are missing in that list. How old is it anyway?
      All compiled by another forum from the same sources which you have. Do you see any discrepancy in them?
      Now the way its done one one car was done on other cars as well.

Let me see if there is updated list, but the cars being fought over are already in the list.

Its a proven fact that Linea is heavy, 1nd and 2nd gears have nothing in them and this is where the time is lost. So the 0-100 figures, which you totally rely on are the slowest.
      But in gear acceleration and dribablity is very good on the linea. I personally drive linea almost every day and i can vouch for it that its not at all slow.

Not a laughing stock. Its quicker when it comes to ingear acceleration or when its rolling on the road.
      When i try to pick up from dead stop i feel frustrated while linea passes thru 1st and 2nd gear. As soon as the 3rd gear is slotted things dramatically change.

Thought Process

Awesome

This is the latest list i found. Dint find anything updated after that

Name:	latest list1.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	271.4 KB 
ID:	127723  

Name:	latest list2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	127724  

Name:	update.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	127725  

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Why don't you guys also talk on the figures you got in your own tests? I believe most of you guys have tested many cars and have tools to record timings. That would be much interesting if discussion progresses on the basis of real life tests. My two cents.

Thought Process

Awesome

I also found one interesting but OT topic the braking distance. I dont know the figures on linea MJD now. Fiat changed all the older braking sytem to better Alfa Romeo ones. New brake calipers and better brake pads. But TJET stops as if someone threw a 20 ton anchor to haul it .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Why don't you guys also talk on the figures you got in your own tests? I believe most of you guys have tested many cars and have tools to record timings. That would be much interesting if discussion progresses on the basis of real life tests. My two cents.
      Ya had it been in same city and same equipment i would have been more glad to get my cars for testing. 0-100, in gear, in traffic, highway, curvy roads, bouncy roads etc.

This will give practical picture. Theorotical sheets i have already put up. These are the same figures that are used to showcase that a fiat is slow. But facts say they are not as slow , so they stand where they are when put up against other cars.

Name:	braking.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	127727  

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

^ Mi10 now get rid of pushing your Logan/Verito to limits to achieve those 0-100 figures on your tab using OBD, see how terrible the braking ability your car has, and yeah, forget about doing such tests on your Fiesta as well.

Thought Process

Awesome

One more stuff that i found.

Name:	looks.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	127731  

Name:	build quality.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	127732  

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

Whats surprising is that, the top 10 in the above lists are the cars that are not selling that much in India except for the vento. What was actual purpose of these tests? Were they published somewhere? Can you posts the link to them? Would be interesting to see the other results.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information