• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Hatchbacks - Performance Shootout!

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Italia-Linea View Post
      This is the latest list i found. Dint find anything updated after that
      I still see a lot of cars missing. Eg: Fluiding Verna, Swift (old and new), Skoda Laura (P & D), Jetta, Punto even in the updated sheets. I am sure I have missed out on many others as well.

And I though we were discussing about the Punto 90HP? Suddenly I see the focus has shifted to the Linea with these pictures?

Maybe, when 007 is here next time, I shall take out his Vbox and do a run on all the cars I can lay my hands on. Then we will have a in-house performance data.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      What was actual purpose of these tests? Were they published somewhere? Can you posts the link to them? Would be interesting to see the other results.
      No purpose. Just specs picked up from the net from automobile magazine reviews, with a lot of the cars missing and hence will never give us a complete picture.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Re: Automobile Brand Bashing! Which is the most bashed automobile manufacturer in India and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

Maybe, when 007 is here next time, I shall take out his Vbox and do a run on all the cars I can lay my hands on. Then we will have a in-house performance data.
      So when is this visit of Mr Bond happening?

Thought Process

Awesome

And I though we were discussing about the Punto 90HP? Suddenly I see the focus has shifted to the Linea with these pictures?
      No the whole gist of this thread is to look how fiat can be bashed and how fiat cars are the slowest (laughlingly slowest)

The list only has sedans i guess. Lets put fluidic verna which has 1.6 litres engine as well

Verna -
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	verna.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	127737  

Jai Radhe Maa

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      So when is this visit of Mr Bond happening?
      soon, hopefully. if things go according to plan, I should be coming there before March and then going onwards to a much awaited drag race that is supposedly going to be held in Bombay.

Thought Process

Awesome

No purpose. Just specs picked up from the net from automobile magazine reviews, with a lot of the cars missing and hence will never give us a complete picture
      Why dont you post the same timings for the cars which you find missing.

Now you say no purpose. earlier you were jumping over the swift with the same figures. What an irony.

According to your same logic verna with such a powerful engine should do better 20-80 than linea right? but it takes 13 seconds.

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

To enlighten you more as you are willing to have a look at performance figures, with open mind without outright bashing ,below are some of the facts.
      Is it just me, or any of you folks feel that something just doesn't sound right with those figures.

For example in the 0-100 department, a Ford Fiesta TDCi is shown almost 3 seconds slower than Maruti Dzire 1.3 DDis.
      I have quite a decent memory of driving both these cars and I'd have expected Ford Fiesta TDCi to be better until about 120. Its a different story after 120 though.

Any comments?
      Last edited by Digital Vampire; 28th Jan 2013 at 15:48.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion. --Edmond de Goncour

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

Italia-Linea
      I don't know how you drive 20 to 80. I don't normally lug the engine in one gear. I'll rev it from 2k to 4k,in 2nd then shift when it reaches 4k. Leaving a car in the same gear is how cabbies and old people with arthritis drive.
      Last edited by Ripper; 28th Jan 2013 at 15:49.
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

Thought Process

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
      don't know how you drive 20 to 80. I don't normally lug the engine in one gear. I'll rev it from 2k to 4k,in 2nd then shift when it reaches 4k. Leaving a car in the same gear is how cabbies and old people with arthritis drive.
      On day to day basis i shift at 2500rpm in every gear. You revv it to 4k? great.
      Can you post some speeds which you do in that 2k to 4k rpms?

- - - Updated - - -

Again if someone is being judgemental and making personal attacks then its going to lead us somewhere else.
      Last edited by mclaren1885; 14th Feb 2013 at 09:05. Reason: Cleaning up the thread.

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

On day to day basis i shift at 2500rpm in every gear. You revv it to 4k? great.
      Can you post some speeds which you do in that 2k to 4k rpms?

- - - Updated - - -

Again if someone is being judgemental and making personal attacks then its going to lead us somewhere else.
      You missed the point. If I was just driving around looking for shops, I'd shift at 2.5 or 3k. If I was trying to get away from an annoying cabbie driving a Punto sport in 3rd gear at 20kmph in the fast lane, I'd downshift and leave him in the dust. He wont be able to catch up because,
      1. he doesnt like using the gears, and will dutifully stay in 3rd gear at 20kmph
      2. Even if he downshifts and revs, the punto will not accelerate because of weight(build quality) and gear ratios(fiat optimised).
      Last edited by mclaren1885; 14th Feb 2013 at 09:04. Reason: Cleaning up the thread.
      Please subscribe to the #Cochin hashtag for notifications on the Cochin meets.

OCD

Awesome

Hatchback Shootout

Hyundai did what Fiat did to the Punto and Linea with the 6-speed i20. Made it a dud and extremely boring to drive.
      Does a remap help in cases like these?
      Drive it like you stole it and Detail it like you own it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information