• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: VW Vento Logs, Problems and Solutions

Allergic to Morons and
      Retards..

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by princemaax View Post
      Hi, how did you clear the issue.. i m also facing the same issue for the second time.. mine is vento 1.6 petrol now @28000km.. the noise started when it was 20000km... they have done some lubing and the noise was gone that time.. but to clear it they have taken 8 days at workshop.
      Its gone after some time on its own, but I took it to nearby friendly garage to check if there is any leaks or any loose parts under the body. they also couldn't find any issue either. I took it to Raghavendra bosch authorised service center in hoodi.
      Maruti Wagon R | Hyundai Verna | Volkswagen Vento

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vineeth View Post
      Its gone after some time on its own, but I took it to nearby friendly garage to check if there is any leaks or any loose parts under the body. they also couldn't find any issue either. I took it to Raghavendra bosch authorised service center in hoodi.
      Did it get cleared?

I know, status can be
      changed!!

Awesome

hey everyone here is the recent encounter with my 2013 Vento Tdi 1.6 with 82k on odo which i would like to share, nowadays it is driven very less

I was idling with low fuel warning in heavy traffic in which i suddenly noticed that my car rpm was going crazy it was hovering from 700-1500 rpms but due to heavy traffic i drove the car like that as there was no other option although the hovering was reduced. After the traffic cleared i parked my car beside the road and i cycled the engine off/on and voila the problem was solved i straight away drove to the nearest pump got the diesel and the problem never surfaced again in the entire trip but after reaching home i was very confused as what could have caused this so i again started the engine but this time the rpm was again hovering and the car engine stopped with glow plug light blinking and CEL glowing permanently, tried starting it again but failed. It felt like the car was starving for fuel while cranking the engine. Somehow i managed to start it again but slight throttle and it died, later I used obd (elm 327) and torque app to scan for error code but there were none. It was quite late night by now.

In morning i called the SA he told me to start again, to my horror the car started normally, with no check engine lights as if everything was fine no limp mode nothing, i took it to ASC they did all the checks with computer connected to obd port and found nothing no problem was logged on the ecu, one of the head engineer said due to low fuel some debris might had caused blockage in the fuel pump. After that i drove many kms with no issues.

Now i think how it could be that ecu never logged any errors. My all 4 injectors were changed under warranty and are October 2014 make.

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rprathin View Post
      I was idling with low fuel warning in heavy traffic in which i suddenly noticed that my car rpm was going crazy it was hovering from 700-1500 rpms but due to heavy traffic i drove the car like that as there was no other option although the hovering was reduced.
      Looks like usual case of dirty fuel at the bottom of the tank caused interrupted fuel supply to the engine which resulted into erratic behaviour. Avoid letting the fuel level drop that low.

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Looks like usual case of dirty fuel at the bottom of the tank caused interrupted fuel supply to the engine which resulted into erratic behaviour. Avoid letting the fuel level drop that low.
      Lame doubt, kindly clarify.
      Even when tank is full to the brim, dirty fuel will be at bottom of tank only due to weight?

How many fuel outlets does a car tank have, only one at bottom, or multiple outlets at different height levels of the tank?

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by laxminarayanans View Post
      Even when tank is full to the brim, dirty fuel will be at bottom of tank only due to weight?
      I feel its not about weight, its about probability.
      When there is more fuel, probability of dirt residues disturbing the fuel flow is less compared to the same amount of dirt residues are present in lesser amount of the fuel.

Long time back I had mild injector leak issue and was suggested by the service adviser to maintain the fuel level above half tank or atleast 1/4th tank. I have been following the same rule of thumb since then.

Mine friend had faced starting trouble issue multiple times in his petrol Vento. He had habit of letting the fuel level drop to extremely low. I suggested him to maintain the above 1/4th mark, he hasn't complained since then.

Quote Originally Posted by laxminarayanans View Post
      How many fuel outlets does a car tank have, only one at bottom, or multiple outlets at different height levels of the tank?
      Fuel pump in the tank usually has one inlet and one outlet. Fuel pumps in older cars used to have inlet point at certain height so the chance of dirt residues passing through it used to be lesser. But modern pumps inlets pull the fuel right from the bottom.

Look at the inlet and outlet points in the fuel pump of old Beetel:

Now have a look at this video explaining working of the fuel pumps in the modern VAG cars, it also talks about the effect of fuel levels on the fuel pump, watch till the end:-

Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 6th Apr 2018 at 11:50. Reason: typo correction

Secret

I feel its not about weight, its about probability.
      When there is more fuel, probability of dirt residues distributing the fuel flow is less compared to the same amount of dirt residues are present in lesser amount of the fuel.
      modern pumps inlets pull the fuel right from the bottom.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information