• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waterless and Rinseless Washes - Evaluation Parameters for Purchase Decision

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      btw there is one great product missing from the above list which i thought AG sells already...Megs D114 Rinse Free Express Wash...
      It's there in the chart - now if only it makes it's way to India.

Visit
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com

Awesome

ONR is recommended as 1:16 for waterless wash and i see 1:256 for rinseless. UWW as waterless( spray and wipe or QD) is unbeatable and ONR as rinseless. This is just between ONR and UWW. Blackfire also looks interesting, shows the same cost per use!! But for QD/WW its cost goes up a lot. I have done some study on the numbers around these as WW, RW etc.
      Check this ONR or Ultima Waterless Wash? - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum
      Last edited by kmoh; 12th Mar 2013 at 13:21.

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

To be honest Optimum themselves claim that ONR cannot be used for WW only for RW...thats the official policy...and they have a dedicated WW product out for a while now...

unofficially, manufacturers recommendations are for standard conditions mostly like software products

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
      I agree. That has been my gripe with RW washes lately. CG HFE wash is also without any polymers. I don't know what Optimum people have been smoking as they have now launched ONR with wax. They should have launched a polymer free ONR instead.
      just you wait till you use a nano product...all sorts of headaches mostly!

Awesome

Re: Car detailing doubts

Continuing the very interesting discussion from morning on how and what parameters to be used for evaluating the actual cost of RW and WW washes, for India

Apart from the two new factors - landed cost and availability, it occurred to me that two other factors may also be important namely

* water hardness - because US water is quite hard and using the same dilution ratios may not work well in different water hardness areas like UK

So question here is in place like Chennai do you use more or same dilution ratios as prescribed for US? What about other locations?

* cleaning power - this to me is a little subjective because environmental conditions and road and dust and dirt conditions can differ from place to place

So how do we factor this into the equation? Is dilution ratios an indicator of cleaning power always?

OCD

Awesome

Is dilution ratios an indicator of cleaning power always?
      IMO, the prescribed dilution ratio is when the product performs at it's best. For Example, this Sunday I upped the dilution ration for ONR to 1.5 times of the prescribed ratio. It did clean a little better but it streaked.
      Drive it like you stole it and Detail it like you own it.

Awesome

For Example, this Sunday I upped the dilution ration for ONR to 1.5 times of the prescribed ratio. It did clean a little better but it streaked.
      in terms of ounces how much? by prescribed you mean on the bottle? so is Chennai water harder than that of US? which could be quite possible!

and no doubt you are using the pre spray method before using RW method...

streaking is generally a sign of too much product for whatever water one is using...difficult to figure out how much is too much, only through trial and error
      Last edited by fordfan; 12th Mar 2013 at 19:20.

chef with soft corner for car

Awesome

just you wait till you use a nano product...all sorts of headaches mostly!
      Could you elaborate? I am interested to learn further.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arian View Post
      Could you elaborate? I am interested to learn further.
      Basically you need a prep with very specific products and then after application needs specific maintenance products...

So basically you are buying into the ecosystem or else the benefits from a such product goes for a toss and you don't get best results

Check the coatings thread for some names of nano products if you want (not comphrehensive list) and look up what the manufacturer suggests

This is no way makes them bad, some are indeed excellent products but then if you already have some regular shampoo and such in place then all those go for a toss
      Last edited by fordfan; 29th Apr 2013 at 22:02.

OCD

Awesome

kmoh, can UWW be used exactly like ONR for the pre wash method? I have only used UWW as a RW once and wasn't very impressed. This time, I want to use the pre wash and they wash as a rinseless wash. Does it dissolve dirt and wash away on the same principle as ONR? I like UWW as a Waterless Wash though.
      Drive it like you stole it and Detail it like you own it.

Visit
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com

Awesome

pre wash method
      Need to understand this more. SO far i have used it as Spray and wipe method- waterless wash, its very impressive. Even as a rinseless- i have no reason to complain. It also depends on what you are expecting from it. It cleans well, leaves a nice slick surface and does the job fine as per my experience. I do not expect a lot from rinseless washes overall though, waterless yes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information