• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product Application Tips & Tricks - Direct from Manufacturer

live to Detail...am addicted

Awesome

Product Application Tips & Tricks - Direct from Manufacturer

Folks,

A lot of members are talking directly to manufacturers, asking questions and sometimes they will offer certain tips and suggestions which may not be recorded elsewhere and quite possibly not there on the bottle labels

Starting this thread to capture those suggestions and thoughts...will maintain an index here and update periodically

#detailing please share your manufacturer tips here...would request that give a post title and make individual posts for each different product/manufacturer (s)

Tagging some members to kickstart the thread Jaisun kmoh GreenZ Supernaut

Visit
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com

Awesome

ULTIMA-Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Here goes the first one:
      • Ultima Paint Guard Plus DOES NOT stain the plastic trims if it gets applied on the plastics. Most sealants and waxes stain the trim if get applied by accident, UPGP does not!

• UPGP can be layered after 45 minutes only! Apply the first layer and after 45 minutes you can layer it again!
      Last edited by kmoh; 12th Apr 2013 at 18:52.

I am aware that i can set my
      status here.. :)

Awesome

Poorboy's EX-P Sealant

Source : Steve from PB

Application: Apply a thin coat using a warm damp sponge applicator. Allow it to haze(30 to 60 mins). Buff using a microfiber cloth.

Layering: You can layer multiple coats of PB Ex-P with 45 to 1 hour Gap

Topping up Wax: You must wait for 24-72 hours to the sealant to cure before topping it up with Wax

Avoind using which has cleaning properties or petroleum bases. Collinite 845 is a big No No.

Also got confirmation that optimum Car wax is fine. But best it to go for Natty's paste wax and Poorboys QD+ for maintenance.

www.greenzcarcare.com

Awesome

CQuartz from Car Pro

Source: Avi from Car Pro

While applying CQuartz, time to cure before wipe it off is very critical, and it may change based on the place, time of application as the temp drastically changes during day time these days.

Try a tiny spot with the CQuartz and use a stopwatch to measure the time to cure as below:

Create a tiny spot with CQuartz before applying the whole car, check the spot after some time (say 1-3 min) by running the finger on it, if its feel oily, wait for another minute and check if it turns sticky, then wipe it off just before it turns sticky. As the time goes, it becomes more sticky and very hard to wipe-off. If you find it more sticky, you can try another spot-test and measure the wipe-off time almost accurate.

After this spot test, you will get an almost accurate curing time to wipe-off, then apply the CQuartz on panel-by-panel.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Source: Conrad from Golden eagle company (in an email reply)

303 Aerospace Protectant can be used in treated leather (most common in vehicle upholstery) Not only does it protect against UV degradation, but restores shine, and resists soiling. However, it is NOT recommended for untreated leather (raw or suede). Also, although 303AP can be used on car paint finishes, it is rather not recommended because of the lengthy and meticulous process application requires (car show enthusiasts do this). 303AP can definitely be used in dashboards and will add gloss and shine. However, we do offer 303 High Speed Detailer, specifically designed for overall car protection, cleaning and beautifying.

Awesome

CarCareCrazy excellent thank you... So where do I get my hands on this? Do post the link specially if it's local

And yes i know my post is OT because the idea is not to clutter this thread with discussions preferably but just a repository of tips... Will move my post out later

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by fordfan View Post
      CarCareCrazy excellent thank you... So where do I get my hands on this? Do post the link specially if it's local

And yes i know my post is OT because the idea is not to clutter this thread with discussions preferably but just a repository of tips... Will move my post out later
      I did not think of it as I assumed it is not available in India. Was planning to import one. After your thoughts on it, I have emailed a query of 303 products availability in India. As and when I get the reply I shall inform you.

p.s. Please remove or move the post if and when necessary if it is in hindrance to the on going discussion.

Awesome

importing stuff is also fine... Locally available products are still very few... Ultimately idea is to capture as much info as possible

www.greenzcarcare.com

Awesome

Sprayer head Care
      Source: CarPro website

Many aggressive chemical's sprayer bottle used to have problem with their spray-head, eg: TarX, IronX. So the tip to take care of the life of the sprayer-head is, after finish using, turn the bottle upside down and run some air through the tube line and spray trigger, this will make sure the sprayer will not stuck for future use.

www.greenzcarcare.com

Awesome

#mods , can we have this thread also updated on the detailing index fordfan created?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information