• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brembo Brake Disc and Pads

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Brembo Brake Disc and Pads

As we all know there is not much market here for Mods for the New Honda City hence i was checking some Malaysian sites for some Disc and Brake Pads

I got a guy ready to sell me Brembo Normal and Max Brake discs along with Pads from Brembo and Bendix.

Brembo STD D/Rotor - Rm240.00/pair
      Brembo Max D/Rotor - Rm450.00/pair
      Brembo STD B/Pad (1st batch) - Rm120.00/pair
      Brembo STD B/Pad (2nd batch) - N/A
      Bendix MKT B/Pad (1st Batch) - Rm120.00/pair
      Bendix MKT B/pad (2nd Batch) - Rm150.00/pair

The total bill after shipping changes to India would be around $120+$50 shipping. Comes around 10-11k after paying duties.

Would this be a good price for the same or we can get these in India for a cheaper price?

and i really don't think that Brakes are sufficient on the City 5G
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

Wanderer
      Roadtrips and rides!!

Awesome

I'm looking for brembo brake disc + calipers too.
      If anyone knows any local suppliers please do post here/PM me the details.
      Yamaha R15 V2.0 (2012) - Bliss @ 7000 RPM!

"My circumstances don't make me who I am, they reveal who I have chosen to be."

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by piyush7243 View Post
      and i really don't think that Brakes are sufficient on the City 5G
      Get the best grippy tyres out there in the market, that will help with the braking immensely. You won't need upgraded brake rotors and pads. Honestly, for the kind of money you pay, I find them to be worthless. If anything, these rotors will chew away your pads in half the time. And once the rotors warp, you'll have to wait for importing the next set.

I don't think the ANHC is quick enough to warrant Brembos. Plus, you never know until you physically measure the rotor sizes and see if they are the same as the aftermarket ones. Sometimes I've ordered rotors from abroad and found that these dudes in India had changed the size! Money wasted. So unless you are 100% sure that these will fit without any issues and don't mind taking a chance, get them!

Or just run OE rotors and pads and get good tyres!
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Get the best grippy tyres out there in the market, that will help with the braking immensely. You won't need upgraded brake rotors and pads. Honestly, for the kind of money you pay, I find them to be worthless. If anything, these rotors will chew away your pads in half the time. And once the rotors warp, you'll have to wait for importing the next set.

I don't think the ANHC is quick enough to warrant Brembos. Plus, you never know until you physically measure the rotor sizes and see if they are the same as the aftermarket ones. Sometimes I've ordered rotors from abroad and found that these dudes in India had changed the size! Money wasted. So unless you are 100% sure that these will fit without any issues and don't mind taking a chance, get them!

Or just run OE rotors and pads and get good tyres!
      The Brake bite and feel was never there. It's not about the speed. Last day i was driving 150-160 and the Brakes were really not biting at all and the discs are new along with Pads and bleeding done twice.
      Primacy LC's are good enough for the grip they offer.

Also i will get those as a set for Disc and Pads therefore no chance of rotors chewing away pads.

Authorized disc and Brakes pad combo costs around 8.5K installed and disc rotors are shitty quality and get bad very soon due to their Soft nature.

Tyres will come after these

Regarding the Size i have to make sure that they are the correct ones.
      Last edited by piyush7243; 29th May 2013 at 01:15.
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

The Brake bite and feel was never there.
      That is how Honda has setup the braking. I am not too sure if that "feel" will come because you change the rotors and pads. Almost all of the braking on the ANHC is at the very fag end, more like an On/Off switch. From whatever experience I've had, that's only going to get worse with the new combo. As in, you'll get more braking power, but that gradual feel might still not be there and all of it might be at the fag end!

Also i will get those as a set for Disc and Pads therefore no chance of rotors chewing away pads.
      Are the rotors, solid? Or cross drilled/slotted/both? If they aren't solid, doesn't matter what pads you pair them with, wear will be twice as fast on aftermarket rotors and pads. These aren't meant to last long, unlike the OEM ones.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Awesome

That is how Honda has setup the braking. I am not too sure if that "feel" will come because you change the rotors and pads. Almost all of the braking on the ANHC is at the very fag end, more like an On/Off switch. From whatever experience I've had, that's only going to get worse with the new combo. As in, you'll get more braking power, but that gradual feel might still not be there and all of it might be at the fag end!

Are the rotors, solid? Or cross drilled/slotted/both? If they aren't solid, doesn't matter what pads you pair them with, wear will be twice as fast on aftermarket rotors and pads. These aren't meant to last long, unlike the OEM ones.
      It's not completely at the end but comes into play after 40% of Applying pressure. so it might improve a bit. Just an experiment where people might benefit if it works.

Also there are 2 types of Rotors, Brembo Standard which is Solid and Brembo Max which is Slotted. The Brake Pads from bendix are Metallic ones so have a higher life or else i may go for Stock Brembo ones.

Awesome

Hi,

There is another cost you have not factored in which is customs duty. Anyways if you are able to get a set of rotors and pads from Brembo under 15k INR to your door pls go right ahead.

Viper

Awesome

Last day i was driving 150-160 and the Brakes were really not biting at all
      Wonder, on what roads you drive at these speeds in India, envying you guys !

In my opinion, braking at these speeds won't be that precise & punchy until unless it is a high end car.
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by yksharma View Post
      braking at these speeds won't be that precise & punchy until unless it is a high end car.
      Not really. My car brakes well from 160 on the speedo.(No abs/stand on the brakes) The tyres have a huge role with respect to braking. Better the tyres, faster you decelerate.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Last day i was driving 150-160 and the Brakes were really not biting at all
      Almost all of the braking on the ANHC is at the very fag end
      You guys talking about brake feel huh ? Go & sit in XUV & brake at these speeds, you feel ANHC is way better & gives a lot of bite

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      The tyres have a huge role with respect to braking. Better the tyres, faster you decelerate.
      Partly agree & disagree. With Bridgestone Duelers, my XUV still sucks in braking ! Now what do you have to say about that I'm not blaming the tyres alone here. The entire chain has to be good enough. The weakest link always gives the bad impression. When you replace your tyres with good ones & then there's a possibility that you still may feel brakes are bad.
      Last edited by Lvramanan; 29th May 2013 at 09:54.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information