• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: From where to buy the car ? What car do I buy ?, Consider these technical specs before decision

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Firstly amazing write up. 10 stars to you
      And I just bought my first car, and from what i experienced there is no good way of selecting a car based on what the paper in front of you says. TD as many as you can till you find what you like. I started of with the Skoda Rapid Tdi in mind. then due to other reasons went towards the Hyundai i20 then moved on to a Punto 90hp . After paying fiat a considerable amount I asked for a refund then headed towards the Swift vdi then booked that then towards the VW Polo 1.2 Tdi , And then due to the fact that i had no satisfaction from these cars and after a lot of talks , deals , TD's etc went and bought the Skoda Rapid TDI Leisure edition. Best way to select according to me is follow your Right Foot

Back to work @EGL

Awesome

How India buys cars- a JD Power survey

Came across this interesting article on car buying patterns, hence sharing it with the group

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/pre...pper-study.htm

Driving a Code 6 remapped
      Fiesta Classic

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MazumdaRooney View Post
      Came across this interesting article on car buying patterns, hence sharing it with the group
      A nice and interesting one.Thanks for sharing.

Back to work @EGL

Awesome

Marketing strategy- non metro cities

What strategies do car makers like Maruti, Honda, M&M adopt for non-metro markets

Read more at:
      http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst

Where there is no freedom
      there is no growth

Awesome

Few points to make your position strong in car buying process

Buying a new car is supposed to be a happy occasion. Financially it is the next big thing after possessing a home. But there are few points one need to consider before starting the process. They may not be relevant if you are lucky to get a good dealer but let us prepare for worst case. These are complete instructions for buying a car but some points that will make your position strong till you get your car registered in your name.

1.The First step is to have a test drive of all the cars that you are planning to buy. In test drive there are no commitments and no need to worry much.

2. Do not make any commitments like paying advance etc. after the test drive. One should have at least one or two days to take a practical decision. Take your own sweet time to arrive with a priority list. Do not simply take decision based on test drive. You need a thorough home work to be done to make a priority list. The factors that need to be considered are
      2.1. About the car(handling, ride comfort, safety, quality of paint, plastics etc. )
      2.2. About the brand. Best cars that impressed you may not have best brand value. Well informed about how the company is cared about
      the customer, how they are addressing warranty issues, How stable they are in market etc. Google all possible type of phrases. Most
      importantly get a firsthand information from friends and colleagues.
      2.3 About the reputation about the dealer. Your total buying experience will get spoiled if you are at the hands of a fraud dealer. Do detailed
      googling about the dealer . For example you can search “ delay in delivery of Model XXXXX at YYYY”. You will get surprised to see the list
      of people. Read at least few of them. The basic character of dealerships will not change. If they have cheated in past they will try to cheat
      in future.
      2.4 Now it is the time for trade off. You have to make a list of cars according to your requirements. Once you made this, you will never repent
      about your selection.

3. From this step onwards you can consider it as a chess game between you and dealer/company. If you make a wrong move your opponent will take advantage. The first place where the dealer may trap you is in the first meeting where he will try to make you pay the advance. Never get trapped . Now onwards every step should get well documented as far as possible. Go for the following steps

3.1 Send a mail request to the dealer asking to give you a quotation along with the offers that he can give for the vehicle. Cross check it the
      current offers information available at news papers, car forums etc. Now it is the time for bargain. Use either email(reply mode only) or go
      and talk personally. Ask him to give the extra offers given to you in writing or by email. Do not proceed further before getting it. I advise,
      avoid taking cash/card/cheque book to avoid any type of payment. Repeat this with at least two other dealerships(same brand or different
      dealer of your next car in priority list). Select the best offer. One can go for one more round of bargain placing your other two options in
      front of the dealer so that he will be compelled to give better offer to retain you with them. Again get it in writing or by email. Now you are
      ready to go for next step.

3.2 Before approaching the dealer go through the ‘Terms and Conditions’ which are the ‘Knights’ of the dealer in this Chess game. You may not know when it will attack you. Now you should make yourself free to cancel the booking, at any time, if you feel you are not getting proper service (if you want). So communicate to them your terms and conditions. If the Cancellation is happening due to the fault of dealership or company, like delay in delivery, charging more than what was offered initially etc the No cancellation fee shouldn’t be charged. PDI is a must before registration and ANY FURTHER PAYMENT is only done after PDI. If they are not agreeing say good buy. If you are desperate to go for the brand then go at your own risk. Get a written assurance about the delivery from the dealer. They cannot use ‘as per allocation, as per availability etc’ . If they want let then contact the company and get the correct information. If your model is old and company is launching a new model then there is chance that company will suppress your delivery process for the new product. Again you are safe now. In case of any legal action you have solid proof with you.
      3.3 Now onwards any communication or query should be through email as far as possible. You may call them and say that you have sent a mail but never proceed further to have sensitive information passing through phone. One have the option of recording the conversation. But I feel it is ethically wrong to record conversation without other person’s knowledge.

4. Do a thorough PDI. Then instruct the bank to transfer the loan amount. Transfer any balance amount payable by you.

5. Many RTOs will accept only cash for registration. If you have all documents then get it done by you. Avoid giving cash to dealership for registration. If you give then get a statement with dealer’s stamp saying that they have received the money for registration purpose.

These are the points that I gathered from my experience. You will find more specific information about buying car somewhere else in this forum. This post is to make your position safe as far as possible in this buying game. Good luck

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKV View Post
      Buying a new car is supposed to be a happy occasion. Financially it is the next big thing after possessing a home. But there are few points one need to consider before starting the process. They may not be relevant if you are lucky to get a good dealer but let us prepare for worst case. These are complete instructions for buying a car but some points that will make your position strong till you get your car registered in your name.

1.The First step is to have a test drive of all the cars that you are planning to buy. In test drive there are no commitments and no need to worry much.

2. Do not make any commitments like paying advance etc. after the test drive. One should have at least one or two days to take a practical decision. Take your own sweet time to arrive with a priority list. Do not simply take decision based on test drive. You need a thorough home work to be done to make a priority list. The factors that need to be considered are
      2.1. About the car(handling, ride comfort, safety, quality of paint, plastics etc. )
      2.2. About the brand. Best cars that impressed you may not have best brand value. Well informed about how the company is cared about
      the customer, how they are addressing warranty issues, How stable they are in market etc. Google all possible type of phrases. Most
      importantly get a firsthand information from friends and colleagues.
      2.3 About the reputation about the dealer. Your total buying experience will get spoiled if you are at the hands of a fraud dealer. Do detailed
      googling about the dealer . For example you can search “ delay in delivery of Model XXXXX at YYYY”. You will get surprised to see the list
      of people. Read at least few of them. The basic character of dealerships will not change. If they have cheated in past they will try to cheat
      in future.
      2.4 Now it is the time for trade off. You have to make a list of cars according to your requirements. Once you made this, you will never repent
      about your selection.

3. From this step onwards you can consider it as a chess game between you and dealer/company. If you make a wrong move your opponent will take advantage. The first place where the dealer may trap you is in the first meeting where he will try to make you pay the advance. Never get trapped . Now onwards every step should get well documented as far as possible. Go for the following steps

3.1 Send a mail request to the dealer asking to give you a quotation along with the offers that he can give for the vehicle. Cross check it the
      current offers information available at news papers, car forums etc. Now it is the time for bargain. Use either email(reply mode only) or go
      and talk personally. Ask him to give the extra offers given to you in writing or by email. Do not proceed further before getting it. I advise,
      avoid taking cash/card/cheque book to avoid any type of payment. Repeat this with at least two other dealerships(same brand or different
      dealer of your next car in priority list). Select the best offer. One can go for one more round of bargain placing your other two options in
      front of the dealer so that he will be compelled to give better offer to retain you with them. Again get it in writing or by email. Now you are
      ready to go for next step.

3.2 Before approaching the dealer go through the ‘Terms and Conditions’ which are the ‘Knights’ of the dealer in this Chess game. You may not know when it will attack you. Now you should make yourself free to cancel the booking, at any time, if you feel you are not getting proper service (if you want). So communicate to them your terms and conditions. If the Cancellation is happening due to the fault of dealership or company, like delay in delivery, charging more than what was offered initially etc the No cancellation fee shouldn’t be charged. PDI is a must before registration and ANY FURTHER PAYMENT is only done after PDI. If they are not agreeing say good buy. If you are desperate to go for the brand then go at your own risk. Get a written assurance about the delivery from the dealer. They cannot use ‘as per allocation, as per availability etc’ . If they want let then contact the company and get the correct information. If your model is old and company is launching a new model then there is chance that company will suppress your delivery process for the new product. Again you are safe now. In case of any legal action you have solid proof with you.
      3.3 Now onwards any communication or query should be through email as far as possible. You may call them and say that you have sent a mail but never proceed further to have sensitive information passing through phone. One have the option of recording the conversation. But I feel it is ethically wrong to record conversation without other person’s knowledge.

4. Do a thorough PDI. Then instruct the bank to transfer the loan amount. Transfer any balance amount payable by you.

5. Many RTOs will accept only cash for registration. If you have all documents then get it done by you. Avoid giving cash to dealership for registration. If you give then get a statement with dealer’s stamp saying that they have received the money for registration purpose.

These are the points that I gathered from my experience. You will find more specific information about buying car somewhere else in this forum. This post is to make your position safe as far as possible in this buying game. Good luck

Thanks SKV.
      I will be going through the process of buying car next month, and this tip certainly clarifies many things and I must say a very helpful process tip.
      I have one more query, will the PDI list be different for each car and make based on feature differences for each car?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information