• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: TATA Indica V2 ICE Build Log

Audio Banned

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Yes I did look at TDA7498 boards on Aliexpress but majority of them are naked boards also am a bit skeptical on their claims of 100W * 2. Have you come across such board ?
      TDA7498 is unstable a 4 ohms. I am sorry, I meant TDA7294

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resour...CD00000017.pdf
      Low Profile ICE rebirth with ALLO amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton midbass and wideband, Four Dayton AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer

Hello friends

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
      TDA7498 is unstable a 4 ohms. I am sorry, I meant TDA7294

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resour...CD00000017.pdf
      There are many boards available from eightaudio made in India.
      Like this for tda7294
      https://www.eightaudio.in/products/e...idge-amplifier
      But there seems to be better ones like this:
      https://www.eightaudio.in/products/e...fp240-irfp9240
      And this:
      https://www.eightaudio.in/products/e...10n20-ecx10p20

But they all require high voltage.
      Has anyone tried eight audio or know about these chips?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Audio Banned

Awesome

Dr.lakshay Have tried some other modules from Eight Audio including a speaker protection module and a multisource selector. Both did not work the way they were intended to be and very poor support from them as well.
      Low Profile ICE rebirth with ALLO amps, Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Kenwood KOS-300, Dayton midbass and wideband, Four Dayton AMT tweeters, ntech speaker cables and quanden interconnects.
      Home Audio: Laptop/Dune Media Player source, TEAC UD301 dual mono DAC, Adcom dual mono amplifier, Infinity bookshelf speakers and Wharfedale subwoofer

Hello friends

Awesome

Dr.lakshay Have tried some other modules from Eight Audio including a speaker protection module and a multisource selector. Both did not work the way they were intended to be and very poor support from them as well.
      Thanks for the update sir. Then I guess I should stay away.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Audio Banned

Awesome

Relay as a 12 volt trigger switch

Today added a circuit to trigger the 12 volt line going to the 12/220 volt converter as it is directly wired to the battery.
      I used a 40 amp Relay to do the needful.

I had to do this for two reasons:
      1. To ensure that converter automatically shuts down when ignition is off to prevent draining of battery.
      2. To control the switching on and off of the ALLO amps from the head unit.

Had to do this as ALLO amps do not have an onboard remote turn on circuit like normal car audio amps.
      Since the ALLO amps are powered from the converter, I used a 5-pole Relay to trip the 12 volt line going to the conveter.
      The trigger current to the relay is provided by the head unit's remote turn on lead.
      In effect when Eclipse head unit is powered on, the converter will switch on, and will switch of when Eclipse is powered off.

This diagram explains it in a simple way:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relay trigger.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	922.3 KB 
ID:	229162

A nice video of wiring a relay as trigger:

Audio Banned

Awesome

The Nichicon and Panasonic capacitors, four 3.3 and four 2.2 micro farad caps were received today.
      It throws open a wide option of crossover points.

Since I have two pairs of AMT 8 ohm tweeters, yet to decide whether to go with one pair of tweeters or two.
      I can get 4 ohm, 8 ohm and 16 ohm configuration with these two pairs.

Also dabbling whether to run it off directly from the midrange drivers or get another dedicated ALLO amp board for the tweeters as it offers me additional option of stepped attenuation for gain matching.

Name:	caps.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	229232

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The Nichicon and Panasonic capacitors, four 3.3 and four 2.2 micro farad caps were received today.
      It throws open a wide option of crossover points.

Since I have two pairs of AMT 8 ohm tweeters, yet to decide whether to go with one pair of tweeters or two.
      I can get 4 ohm, 8 ohm and 16 ohm configuration with these two pairs.

Also dabbling whether to run it off directly from the midrange drivers or get another dedicated ALLO amp board for the tweeters as it offers me additional option of stepped attenuation for gain matching.

Name:	caps.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	229232
      why do you want to run two pairs of tweeters.....will be cut at same frequency....make sense only when you want to use one pair as a "super tweeter" but then the tweeter should go much beyond 20khz.....
      i would have definitely gone for a dedicated allo amp board for tweeters for better control

Audio Banned

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
      why do you want to run two pairs of tweeters.....will be cut at same frequency....make sense only when you want to use one pair as a "super tweeter" but then the tweeter should go much beyond 20khz.....
      i would have definitely gone for a dedicated allo amp board for tweeters for better control
      Good question on why two tweeters. It is just experimental, I might or might not go with two pairs.
      The problem with Indica is the minuscule size of the A Panel. I am using 4 inch midrange drivers which occupy quite a bit of space on the dashboard corners with just enough space to integrate the tweeters. Though I get reasonable width in this arrangement, I lose a bit on the height of the stage. Secondly since the tweeters are 8 ohm drivers, by using two i can get a 4 ohm configuration. The idea is to use the two tweeters at the far corners for the necessary width and the other two somewhere a bit higher up for compensating for the stage height. Since the TA will be shared between both pairs of tweeters, I need to ensure that the physical distances to the listening position is closely matched.
      Further since I am crossing them reasonably high, somewhere in the vicinity of 12 khz to 14 khz, duplicating the frequencies will not be a big issue (so I hope).

Will update

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Good question on why two tweeters. It is just experimental, I might or might not go with two pairs.
      The problem with Indica is the minuscule size of the A Panel. I am using 4 inch midrange drivers which occupy quite a bit of space on the dashboard corners with just enough space to integrate the tweeters. Though I get reasonable width in this arrangement, I lose a bit on the height of the stage. Secondly since the tweeters are 8 ohm drivers, by using two i can get a 4 ohm configuration. The idea is to use the two tweeters at the far corners for the necessary width and the other two somewhere a bit higher up for compensating for the stage height. Since the TA will be shared between both pairs of tweeters, I need to ensure that the physical distances to the listening position is closely matched.
      Further since I am crossing them reasonably high, somewhere in the vicinity of 12 khz to 14 khz, duplicating the frequencies will not be a big issue (so I hope).

Will update
      sounds interesting...but the only concern seems to be the TA part as both pairs will share the same delay,will have to be as same distance as possible.....but as you are crossing them way too high at 12-14 khz it might work.if it were to be crossed somewhere near 5 khz then i am sure getting a dead center would have been impossible. i guess in your crossover settings your midrange would be playing a great part so try to get it as high as you can.best of lucks and keep us updated.definitely there is always lot to learn from your post

Audio Banned

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
      i guess in your crossover settings your midrange would be playing a great part so try to get it as high as you can.best of lucks and keep us updated
      Yes the kingpin in my setup are the Head Unit and the midrange which is doing a wideband duty, high passed from 315 hz. The midranges have an excellent on axis response and very little cone break-up with a natural roll off from around 11khz. It is one of the best midranges I have employed and costs 5k a pair.
      I have chosen my tweeters also carefully, these have a high f/s at around 5khz and were crossed at 9khz/12db slope in my earlier setup with Pioneer amps. So they did not intrude into the midrange frequencies and were more than happy to provide the necessary airiness to the setup.
      I hope the achieve the same with a 6db slope crossed according between 12 to 14 khz

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread Information