• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electric Cars News Thread

GT Power!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Time to work my ass off, hardly any time left to afford & drive my Lamborghini for a few years

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
      Sorry for quoting an old post, but exactly my thought. Either I should not live to see the day where no Engines exist, or I should have already bought my dream cars already. The last thing I want is being able to afford a car that does not exist anymore. Lol
      Thanks,
      Ragesh G R
      ---------------------------------------
      2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
      2014 TVS Wego
      2007 Hyundai Santro Xing XL AT
      2002 TVS Scooty
      1989 Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100 RTZ

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Mahindra to start selling e-Supro electric vehicle.

Automobile major Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) on Wednesday said it would expand its electric vehicle category with the unveiling of the electric version of passenger carrier vehicle Supro. The company, which unveiled e-Supro at the Auto Expo 2016, is expected to launch it in another four to six weeks. The company officials did not disclose the price at which the electric version of Supro will enter the market. Arvind Mathew, CEO, Mahindra Reva, told a news conference on Wednesday, “We are expanding the electric vehicle range in the country and will soon launch the electric version of passenger van Supro. We are planning to do it in four to six weeks.” Further to the introduction of its electric car Mahindra e20, the company has already launched the electric version of its sedan Verito. — Staff Reporter

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle9082660.ece

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mahindra Supro Electric and e Verito launched at Auto Expo 2016 (1).JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	221856

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Move towards E-cars is fueled due to multiple reasons, primary one being the limited supply of fossil fuel. There are estimates that we are in peak state right now with respect to oil-extraction, and with decline becoming ever so prominent, by 2050, we will have an acute shortage of petrol/diesel fuel. This can entirely be wrong as the reserve growth is a known phenomenon and we don't know of untapped reserve still out there.

Secondly, the green-world theory. We want greener cars, CO2 emission and environmental damage is severe and with petrol/diesel cars, things aren't just helping. E-cars help. So the need is there clearly. The main question is; do we have enough forces to push this forward?

Infrastructure and Battery are two biggest hurdles that Electric-car industry needs to fix. Giga factory established by Tesla is world’s largest such establishments and it is said that they will consume major chunk of world's lithium battery production. Their charging times have quickened and distance they cover has improved. Such facts are improving with every passing day.
      There have been Tesla's that have covered 600km in a single charge!!!

Now let’s look at practicality of adopting to the change. Almost 30-50% private car owners use their car for max of 70-80km a day or even less. A nice looking, light weight, feature packed car that can do this job of commuting 70-80km a day at a reasonable price can work for people. Will people surely move, may be yes, maybe not. There may be a need for enforcements. Within city people can quickly adopt to e-car for their regular use, however, things get complicated when being on Highways. That needs infrastructure and very fast charging times. They probably need Quick Charge 10.0 technology!!!

By 2030, how much of this will change, I don’t know. May be some radical idea will transform all of it. Even if not, my second car will certainly be electric!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Ashok Leyland Ltd on Monday unveiled its Circuit series electric bus, the country’s first such indigenously made vehicle.

It can travel 150 km on a single charge, taking care of the so-called ‘range anxiety’, said Venkataraman

Name:  ashokl-ksBG--621x414@LiveMint.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  49.7 KB

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/apn...ctric-bus.html

Car Enthusiastics

Awesome

Kia, the South Korean automaker took the wraps off the concept model of Niro Electric car at the 2018 CES (Consumer Electronics Show). The company is planning to introduce 16 EVs by the end of 2025 and the displayed concept model is part of that plan. Apart from this, the company is expected to launch a fuel-cell electric vehicle (FCEV) in 2020.

Source: Kia Niro Electric concept displayed at CES 2018

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
      NEW DELHI: Buying a hybrid or an electric car may soon fetch you a subsidy from the government, which is readying a Rs 14,000-crore scheme to push green vehicles.
      Forget the subsidy, the cost economics will change. Cars will cost more to buy, have lower daily running costs, lower service requirements, but will ask for a large outlay when you replace the battery pack (say 5 years).

A lot of our problems arose that after the odd-even scheme every man and his dog wanted to have a hybrid whether it was or not.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information