• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: OSRAM Xenarc Night Breaker D2S Bulbs (CBI)

FIAT has die-hard fans for a
      reason !

Hungry

OSRAM Xenarc Night Breaker D2S Bulbs (CBI)

Need a set of Osram CBI for my Fxr 3 retrofit. Need brand new one and not used. Yes I can order a set from TRS or Powerbulbs.com but if its available with anyone within India only, would be even better. So if anyone has or knows a source or person who have these, please put me in contact.

Thanks !!!!!
      Last edited by metal_thread; 21st Feb 2014 at 23:39.
      If you can park it and not turn around to look at it

YOU HAVEN't BOUGHT THE RIGHT CAR !!

www.xenonplanet.in

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I think you can procure the same from Mr.Vishesh whose handle is avstuning here on Gearheads. He is the official authorised distributor for TRS in India.

Cheers
      Volkswagen Polo Highline 1.6
      Suzuki SX4 ZXi MT (Leather Pack)

Alpine ICS-X8
      Mosconi ZERO-4
      Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia L6SE Carbon + L2X + L1ProR2
      Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia L6SE
      Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP - Image Dynamics IDQ12V3.D4 x 2
      Dynamat Xtreme - DynaTape - Focal B.A.M. XL
      Kicker - Stinger - XScorpion - Monster - Chord - Connection Audison - Shok.

Hyderabad

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by metal_thread View Post
      Need a set of Osram CBI for my Fxr 3 retrofit. Need brand new one and not used. Yes I can order a set from TRS or Powerbulbs.com but if its available with anyone within India only, would be even better. So if anyone has or knows a source or person who have these, please put me in contact.

Thanks !!!!!
      Hello
      metal_thread , wanted to know if you have procured the osram night breaker d2s bulbs. cause even i am looking for a pair

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

afaik D2S i an HID type. Some of these are on Amazon. I saw both Philips and Osram there.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

FIAT has die-hard fans for a
      reason !

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by mayur20056 View Post
      Hello
      metal_thread , wanted to know if you have procured the osram night breaker d2s bulbs. cause even i am looking for a pair
      I left those, was getting it very costly from almost all sources. I went for Morimoto XB35 and living happily. Got OEM Philips d2s from a Fortuner for comparison and morimotos came quite good in quality and even throw.

For night shots,check my following post
      Morimoto - Page 7
      If you can park it and not turn around to look at it

YOU HAVEN't BOUGHT THE RIGHT CAR !!

www.xenonplanet.in

Awesome

Osram Xenarc CBI D3S For VW Jetta - Upgrade or Comestic?

So I have been contemplating on changing my stock D3S HID bulbs on my 2015 VW Jetta to the Osram Xenarc CBI. I have been going through various posts and videos online and been seeing mixed reviews of the same. Some swear by it to being an 'upgrade' to stock OEM bulbs while others believe that they are just cosmetic changes; just an increase in colour temperature to 5000K vs the 4300K of stock OEM bulbs. I also had a chat with a contact of mine in Czech Republic who supplies OEM replacement parts for VW cars and even he confirmed that the change to Osram Xenarc CBI would just be cosmetic. He actually recommended the Osram Xenarc XNB (Nightbreakers).

Does anyone here have experience with the Osram Xenarc CBI bulbs? Is there any improvement in performance; light throw and light spread? Is it really worth the change?
      2016 Skoda Superb TDI L&K | 2015 VW Jetta Highline TDI AT | 2015 Skoda Rapid Style TDI AT | 2011 VW Polo 1.6 | 2010 Skoda Yeti Elegance TDI 4X4

Awesome

Blog Entries
      We can arrange original D2S from Osram and Philips. Kindly check http://www.sparesncare.com

or send us email at support@sparesncare.com

LightMan

Hungry

Epic cbi is claimed to be approx 200lumens brighter than oem 4300k bulb found in most vehicle. Again OEM. CBI is around 5000-5500kelvin which is considered pure white unlike 4300kelvin which is yellowish white.
      In case of aftermarket bulb as you go higher kelvin you reduce lumens but osram did a very nice job for the people looking cool white light without any decrease of lumen instead they increased around 200lumens. Philips 85122(around 3200 lumens , is an oem benchmark for comparison) and CBI (around 3400 lumens) plus you get pure white unlike yellow white as in your oem setup. On the other hand NBU is brightest offering from OSRAM in around 4300k region and a little more brighter than CBI. Again little but will be same color as your oem setup. Yellowish white.

It all comes down to your personal preference. Of price,color etc. Remember 4300k best in bad weather like fog, rain and 5000k in projector works good too in fog but suffers in rain. Suffer in the manner 4300k have edge over 5000k in rain. Dats about it both work great though and my personal favourte 5000k pure white.
      Hope it helps.

Cheers!!!!
      Headlight Setup-Custom Rx350(Low beam converted to bixenon) Projector, Sti-r lens, J-Slope Prism tail Cutoff, Custom Painted Headlight(Moonlight Silver, Black And Chrome), Panamera 4 point DRL, DLT f5.
      5000k @55w.

Thread Information