1. Thanks Button - To be used to "thank" a user for a post that was helpful to you. Thanks button allocates 2 points to the Original Poster.
Eg: A user X helped you with a route map/suggestion/has helped you identify and fix a problem.
2. Like Button - To be used if you find the post meaningful and worthy of being given 1 point for "quality".
Eg: A user X posts a technical post that you appreciate and want to reward him for the same.
3. OT (Off Topic) Button - Down ranks a post if 3+ members use it.
4. Infract Button - To be used against posts that are inflammatory, abusive or do not conform with the Code of Conduct on the forum. Everytime you infract a post, the OP loses 2 points from his reputation system. You can read more about it here.
Where each ought to appear/not.
5. Cool Button - Alternative to like/thanks in the ETC section. Doesn't add any points.
6. LOL Button - To compliment the user for a funny post. Doesn't add any points.
7. VFM Button - To indicate that a particular Classified post is "Value For Money". Doesn't add any points.
Kindly request all the users to use the buttons RESPONSIBLY.
Kindly report any mis-use of the buttons by using the Report Post button.