• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Polo 1.2P Comfortline a Right Choice? ( Peace of Mind?)

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by binod049 View Post
      Expected feature/Priorities (in order of importance):

Safety
      One thing i forgot to mention , Congratulations on putting safety as top prority , I see few do that.

Whatever you buy , go for version with Safety feature.
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

Limp mode

Awesome

So guys, please help me out in making the right decision.
      Test drive the Swift too. In case of petrol and for first time buyers I would say Maruti Suzuki is a good choice.
      Each time when I corner hard my Swift it Brings a smile on my face. The engine is a gem, though the build quality is like any other Suzuki cars. So for build quality go for Polo or any European brand.
      "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

Together we stand, divided we
      fall...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by pushkaraj View Post
      Engine wise Swift/Ritz is better , Its rev happy engine , more refined also Gears are smoother But polo has good steering feedback and also with additional weight feels more grounded.

I will suggest dont rush , complete your driving lesson , if you can 'arrange" car for few months that will be great , then take TD and finalise .

Thanks for responding bro!! I am done halfway through my driving lessons (10 out of 20 classes). I am yet to feel confident driving in crowded streets of Bangalore. The more I think about buying a new car (considering my driving capability as of now), it scars me..

As many has suggested, upon completing my driving lessons, I'll go and TD all these cars.

fall...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by The_Watcher View Post
      On Swift you need 4.5k RPM to have fun, on Polo you need 2.5k to make it sing. The low end is considerably stronger on the polo as compared to swift and i20. And please don't go by the power figures of both, as VAG cars put up the on Wheel figures for power, unlike other car companies whose numbers are at the crank.
      Guys, thanks for suggesting Swift. I know its a great car and has killer engine inside the hood, but Swift is very common these day. Everyone has it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
      Test drive the Swift too. In case of petrol and for first time buyers I would say Maruti Suzuki is a good choice.
      Each time when I corner hard my Swift it Brings a smile on my face. The engine is a gem, though the build quality is like any other Suzuki cars. So for build quality go for Polo or any European brand.
      I forgot to mention, I am learning driving on a Swift Petrol. The car definitely feels peppy, but somehow don't feel like owning Swift. Its very common..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
      Why not the Brio. Other day i drove that car - pretty cool, Go kart type handling. Decent power delivery at lower rpms and revvs till 5.5k
      I briefly drove Brio the other day, and I liked it. However my wife is completely against the car's look.

Awesome

Swift. Its very common..
      I you don't hate design of Ritz, try out Ritz too. Ritz is not so common as Swift, and slightly cheaper (40-50k) than Swift. Ritz is all goodness of Swift in a different shape and is slightly lighter on pocket.

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

If your heart is set on the polo get the polo. Get what you wany and enjoy it and live with it. All cars have their pro s and cons.

Polo has good build quality. Best of the lot. Safety ? Polo is safer. The quality of plastics and so on is very good. Killer looks good low end power. Not good enough but its good. But if your getting any VAG car get zero dep insurance and extended warranty and you will have peace of mind
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

fall...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
      If your heart is set on the polo get the polo. Get what you wany and enjoy it and live with it. All cars have their pro s and cons.

Polo has good build quality. Best of the lot. Safety ? Polo is safer. The quality of plastics and so on is very good. Killer looks good low end power. Not good enough but its good. But if your getting any VAG car get zero dep insurance and extended warranty and you will have peace of mind
      Thanks for responding Nitin, If I am going for Polo, I'll make sure to opt for extended warranty and AMC (Not sure how much it will cost for 3yrs though).

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Thanks for responding Nitin, If I am going for Polo, I'll make sure to opt for extended warranty and AMC (Not sure how much it will cost for 3yrs though).

You may omit the AMC. It makes no difference.

But you MUST get the zero dep insurance. VW heavily charges for zero dep. You may get the insurance on your own from other companies like icici bajaj etc.

A small accident on a VAG car will be expensive to repair so having zero dep is a major boon.
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
      You may omit the AMC. It makes no difference.
      Agree with Nitin , if you decide you can Omit AMC. if you calculate , you will notice how they Actually Adjust AMC cost
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by pushkaraj View Post
      Agree with Nitin , if you decide you can Omit AMC. if you calculate , you will notice how they Actually Adjust AMC cost
      Last I checked with VW the cost of AMC = Cost of yearly service. You just pay it in the start. So they kind of get a intrest free loan of the amount from u
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information