• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Polo 1.2P Comfortline a Right Choice? ( Peace of Mind?)

Together we stand, divided we
      fall...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
      You may omit the AMC. It makes no difference.

But you MUST get the zero dep insurance. VW heavily charges for zero dep. You may get the insurance on your own from other companies like icici bajaj etc.

A small accident on a VAG car will be expensive to repair so having zero dep is a major boon.
      Thanks Nitin! BTW what exactly is zero dep insurance? What is the procedure of getting the insurance of my own? what showroom has to say if I choose to get the insurance done of my own?

hanging tight :/

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by binod049 View Post
      Thanks Nitin! BTW what exactly is zero dep insurance? What is the procedure of getting the insurance of my own? what showroom has to say if I choose to get the insurance done of my own?
      In general terms, Zero Dep insurance means if anything happen to the CAR then you only pay Rs. 1000 as claim fee and the rest of the expenses to repair the car will be taken care by Insurance company. Expert may put more light on it.

For my Polo zero dep insurance, The cost was 24K which was 3k + comprehensive policy . The insurance is from Bharti AXA. Try getting comprehensive insurance for free. Once they are ready to give it for free then ask about ZERO dep and mention you are ready to pay extra 3-4 k. I did the same.
      Ghost Rider is Riding with the Potholes in Bangalore ..... :-[

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
      only pay Rs. 1000 as claim fee a
      The amount depends on the company. And you have to pay for tax and consumables IIRC.

Well IMO VW and Skoda Chennai did not budge on giving free insurance or matching the quote of the outside insurance. So what I did was call up my agent and he got me a good price. comprehensive + zero dep + 2L cover for owner in case of accident + 1L per passenger in case of accident . All this for 27k ! Skoda's price was 38.5k comprehensive and 49k for zero dep with 2 zero dep claims per year.

Update : Just spoke to my insurance agent. ( Oriental insurance ) He said consumables and tax is also included but have to pay a claim amount of 2000. Dont know if he's right ! IIRC tax and consumables have to be paid by customer. He also said no claim for scratch and stuff only proper accidents .
      Last edited by kb100; 30th May 2014 at 19:46. Reason: Back to back
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

And you have to pay for tax and consumables IIRC.
      consumables and tax is also included but have to pay a claim amount of 2000. Dont know if he's right ! IIRC tax and consumables have to be paid by customer.
      Insurance company pays all the taxes for the claim they have passed.

Sometimes there are few items like some nut-bolts, some gasket or sometimes oils/lubricants etc are chargeable. But usually need of paying for consumables doesn't arise during normal claims.

About the compulsory deduction, the 1000/- is for small cars (Swift, Polo etc fall in this category) and 2000/- is for segment above cars like Rapid, Verna, City etc. And the charges are more depending on further higher segments.

He also said no claim for scratch and stuff only proper accidents .
      Yeah, thats true that one can not claim for a minor scratch on a panel. But if there is a proper dent or dent+scratch then it can be claimed, even if its only at one place.
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 30th May 2014 at 20:33.

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by binod049 View Post
      what exactly is zero dep insurance?
      Few more Points on Zero dep.

1. IRDA approved this in 2009 , it's slowly getting popular now.

zero depreciation cover promises comprehensive coverage without factoring in for depreciation. If your car is damaged following a collision, for instance, and you file a claim, the insurer will cover the entire cost.

2.Zero dep insurance may limit number of claims - This is done to avoid small multiple claims done.

3. mostly do not cover cars that are more than 3 years old.
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by pushkaraj View Post
      .Zero dep insurance may limit number of claims
      Certain companies have a limit of 2 . I think bajaj allianz is like that.
      Oriental , HDFC all are unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by pushkaraj View Post
      mostly do not cover cars that are more than 3 years old.
      Also based on the company. Certain companies cover for upto 5 years old. Certain limit to 3.
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Today I am angry (really very angry, screaming at everyone in office and at home). I bought a Polo 1.2 HL 1 week back in Bangalore (WV Palace Cross) mainly because of its safety features and I am seriously regretting it. Came at 7.23 on road. Still if you want to take polo better go for HL as its only 25K more than CL and the bluetooth and climatronic AC are really good features.

Coming to engine I am ultra disappointed. The test drive on a flat road in HSR Layout was good, but in many actual scenarios it lacks initial power a lot. Like the other day I was coming out of forum parking and had to stop my car on the steep incline as there were cars in front of me. In first gear, the car struggled like anything. My specific car might have a bad gearbox or something, but in first gear engaged it started slightly rolling back while I was trying to give accl. I had to rework the gear a couple of times before it actually went up. Its happening quite frequently that too. It has good stability and handles really well at high speeds but the engine sound is a bit loud and its disappointing and you can feel the crunch vibration a lot on the clutch at 2000 RPM. Even the body vibrates while engaging first gear on flat roads.

Now engine sound increases a lot once I switch on the AC. Like some diesel vehicle it gives a click and then engine sound increases a lot. In hyundai i10 you might not even realize that the engine is on in neutral, but in Polo nope.

Coming to maintenance Bangalore is a place where you will have scratches and dents so account for it. I took my car 1 week exactly before (on Sunday), yesterday a student tried to perform a feat in front of my car, like he came from left and tried to do U turn in front of my car while it was running. Though I applied sudden brake I hit him, he fell down, my bumper mounted his vehicle and is now badly damaged. He was pleading as he is a student (his bike had no RC, he was not wearing any helmet but it was sticking at the back of his bike, fashion symbol or whatever crap). Fortunately no one hit me from behind and that guy had no major injury. Today while I was taking it to service center for repair, a Maruti Alto guy came from left reversing and scratched my car. He went for a run and I lost his car. Now I donno how much its gonna cost me. I came back home as I had no time to go back to service center and need to catch a flight today evening. I was fed up and asked the service center guy if they could pick up my car, now they have a long wait list as they have only one driver (its like a joke).

Now Comparing,

Swift ZXI and Polo 1.2 HL

Engine: Swift (by a large margin)

Safety Features: Both Equal (Polo Slightly better as its airbags are much better impact assimilation oriented. Swift releases airbags if someone hits the front bumper at 20 kmph or more. Showroom guy said they had a car at the same time which came for service when a TVS 50 hit the front and airbags were released. It costs 80K for replace and they replace the entire front dash with both airbags, no option of replacing only one. Polo they replace only the airbag component and it costs around 35 to 40K for one airbag).

Body Build Quality: Polo (By a large margin)

Handling: Polo (Take a drive you will feel very confident with it. Handling is much better from swift.)

Maintainance: Swift (This will save a lot seriously).

Price: Swift: 6.95 Polo: 7.23

If you take a swift take a ZXI.

Given all this on any day, you can blindly take a Maruti Swift (it might be common, bear with it. Everyone is buying it because its good). I heard Polo GT TSI is very good at engine, some say it gives great mileage some say it doesn't. I donno, I didn't drive it. BTW it has a 6 to 8 month waiting period with 50K booking cost and comes at 10.5 to 11 on road. Completely out of my league.

I say rent different cars and try them for some weekend trips etc and after 3 months or so decide. You will also get used to Bangalore roads by that time. There are also other options like Grand i10 (heard good things) and Ford Figo (Looks dated but is a really good car).

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyana View Post
      Coming to engine I am ultra disappointed. The test drive on a flat road in HSR Layout was good, but in many actual scenarios it lacks initial power a lot. Like the other day I was coming out of forum parking and had to stop my car on the steep incline as there were cars in front of me. In first gear, the car struggled like anything. My specific car might have a bad gearbox or something, but in first gear engaged it started slightly rolling back while I was trying to give accl. I had to rework the gear a couple of times before it actually went up. Its happening quite frequently that too. It has good stability and handles really well at high speeds but the engine sound is a bit loud and its disappointing and you can feel the crunch vibration a lot on the clutch at 2000 RPM. Even the body vibrates while engaging first gear on flat roads.
      Get your car checked. Have driven my friends polo on slopes and hills of malls and never faced this issue.

Also still you could upgrade your insurance to zero dep and have peace of mind

I say rent different cars and try them for some weekend trips etc and after 3 months or so decide. You will also get used to Bangalore roads by that time.
      +1

good idea
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

Together we stand, divided we
      fall...

Awesome

Today I am angry (really very angry, screaming at everyone in office and at home). I bought a Polo 1.2 HL 1 week back in Bangalore (WV Palace Cross) mainly because of its safety features and I am seriously regretting it. Came at 7.23 on road. Still if you want to take polo better go for HL as its only 25K more than CL and the bluetooth and climatronic AC are really good features.
      Hey Kalyan!

Thanks for posting your valuable feedback on Polo and comparison with Swift. Its really helpful!

How do I rent cars in Bangalore?

Also, the difference between Cl and HL is just 25k? I was under impression that Polo CL will cost me around 6.5 Lakhs (after all discounts) and HL will cost me around 7.2 Lakhs.

Awesome

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information