• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A comprehensive guide to Klasse

?

Awesome

Blog Entries

A comprehensive guide to Klasse

I have been using the Klasse twins for a long time. I have now come to appreciate how versatile these products are. Klasse is super slick, non dust attracting and offers exceptional protection against everyday dirt and UV.

Klasse All In One:

1. Acrylic based cleaner polish with durable protection and exception cleaning qualities.
      2. Best applied with machine. Can also be applied by hand. Apply few drops to your pad and work a section until the product goes clear. Leave it to haze and wipe off. A little goes a long way.
      3. Can correct minor swirls with a cutting pad.
      4. Can be applied to painted areas, rubber beadings, exterior trims, plastic, glass/windshield (both inside out), dash trims, chrome, wheels and just about anywhere. However, care should be taken when applied to textured plastics. On such surfaces wipe off immediately before the product dries.

Klasse Sealant Glaze:

1. Acrylic based high gloss sealant.
      2. Best applied by hand with a MF pad. KSG is watery and is sprayable. Just spritz a little on to your pad and spread a thin, even layer to a panel. Let it to dry to haze and then wipe. When wiping the dried residue it helps to use a MF towel damped with Meguiars Final Inspection or ONR QD. No buffing necessary. Simply wipe off the residue.
      (If you are inexperienced and struggling to apply thin, do not let Klasse SG to dry, instead buff off immediately as soon it is applied to a section)
      3. Can be applied to painted areas, rubber beadings, exterior trims (just protects, will not restore faded trims), plastic, glass/windshield (both inside out), dash trims, chrome, wheels and just about anywhere.

It doesn't end here. You may even prepare your own Klasse enriched Quick Detailer or Spray Wax to restore that freshly waxed shine and slickness and protection in no time.

Klasse enriched QD:

Simply add about 10-20 ml Klasse SG to 1000 ml of Meguiars Quick Detailer or Meguiars Final Inspection.

Use it just like your regular QD after your routine dusting or rinseless/waterless wash. Spray over a MF towel folded in quarters and wipe the panels.

Klasse enriched Spray Wax:

Simply add about 75-80 ml Klasse SG to 1000 ml of Meguiars Quick Detailer or Meguiars Final Inspection.

Use it just like your regular spray wax after your routine weekly or monthly shampoo wash. Spray over a MF towel folded in quarters, spread over a panel, flip MF to a dry side and wipe off.

The 'one-product, apply-anywhere' ability Klasse provides is extremely beneficial. I don't need to worry about staining the trims. I don't need mask areas when machine polishing. Saves me hell lot of time and money, yet keeps me super happy with the results.

Happy #detailing !
      Last edited by WildWeasel; 17th Aug 2015 at 11:55. Reason: 500-1000
      Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

OCD

Awesome

Nice write-up. I think a guide for these Klasse products was long pending. Pics would be nice( My company firewalls images sometimes, so I am not sure if there are any here or not).

Can you compare this the Klasse AIO with some other AIOs,say Poorboys Polish with Sealant ? Or the Megs UP as a cleaner/finishing polish.
      How does the KSG stand up to the Collinite 845 in terms of shine and durability ? Can I top the KSG with C845 ?

I think I read somewhere that the KSG works well with Silver colors (which you have if I can recall). I wonder how KSG would work with black colored cars (which I have).

And finally: From where and how much ?

?

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Whoa... too many questions
      Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
      Pics would be nice
      Just clicked a few of them. Will try to upload after getting home.
      Klasse AIO with some other AIOs,say Poorboys Polish with Sealant ?
      I have used Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream, Meguiars Quick Detailer M66 and Sonax Car Polish. KAIO lags behind these in terms of correction ability. It does correct minor swirls when machine applied. PRC and M66 are versatile (depending on pads used) in their correction ability. M66 is a mind blowing cleaner polish. They work as both polish and finishing polish. But the sealant in KSG is quite strong, plus it can be applied on a variety of surfaces as noted. Others can't. I have not used PB polish with sealant yet.
      the Megs UP as a cleaner/finishing polish.
      UP is great for preparing surface for carnauba waxes. Unlike KAIO it offers no protection. Both are quite different.
      How does the KSG stand up to the Collinite 845 in terms of shine and durability ?
      Both are strong. The claimed durability of KSG is 6 months but we all know that durability is subjective and depends on a lot of factors. Whatever sealant I may use, it gets topped up once a month.
      Can I top the KSG with C845 ?
      You very well can. Also, KSG will have no issues bonding over any other sealants. I personally use Meguiars Synthetic sealant M21 as base.
      I think I read somewhere that the KSG works well with Silver colors (which you have if I can recall). I wonder how KSG would work with black colored cars (which I have).
      KSG is equally good on both light and dark (both metallic and non-metallic) colors. Where some sealants struggle to bring out wetness and depth on light colors, KSG manages it beautifully well (wait for my pics!). Some call Klasse looks sterile on dark colors. Who cares if a sealant is sterile or fertile, and can reproduce? ...as long as your car shimmers and remains protected.
      And finally: From where and how much ?
      I had some brought for me through a colleague from the US.

?

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Another thing worth mentioning is that Klasse is an Acrylic sealant. Most other sealants are polymer based. It just means chemically they are different. Acrylic sealants bond over a surface physically. Polymer based sealants bond chemically (cationic bond with paint molecules). Have you ever heard acrylic sealants work well when layered? This is quite true with Klasse as well. Three coats of KSG transforms your car into a diamond. Curing time is about 6 to 8 hours.
      Last edited by keerthi; 11th Jun 2014 at 17:14.

Visit
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com

Awesome

Klasse AIO is a MUST have, why
      1. Have used it to remove water spots on glass ( needed a machine run unlike Car Pro Spotless)
      2. Used it on alloys to remove water spots and protect
      3. used it on chrome - gives out the glow like a metal polish
      4. Used for finishing polish when ran out and when needed a finish on honda paints( when did not discover Scholls polishes)
      Finally have used it on house taps too!!
      Earlier had to scout around for someone coming from the US to carry it, now got some stock hence keep it for use and sale , anyone needing one can PM me - its listed on Ultimate Detailerz ( but GH prices are special : ))
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com
      www.facebook.com/ultimatedetailerz
      Our Online Store : store.ultimatedetailerz.com

?

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Myth

Name:  IMG_1662.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  143.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1663.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  110.9 KB

Sorry can't avoid the super protectants (HM order!)

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

"Buri Nazar Wale Tera Muh Kaala!!"
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2014 Tata Safari Storme EX
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta:
      Nexus 7 -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| DLS A2 | Audible Physics RAM3a | Boston GT2125
      | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | Rockford Fosgate T400-2 | Morel Ultimo SC

OCD

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Myth

Sorry can't avoid the super protectants (HM order!)
      Everything right down to the tires look clean and shiny. Nice detailing.

What did you use for the glass and tires ?

?

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Everything right down to the tires look clean and shiny. Nice detailing.

What did you use for the glass and tires ?
      Glasses & trims were done with KAIO and KSG. Tyres were just shampoo washed but had Meguiars Vinyl & rubber cleaner applied like a month back. Body panels were polished with Meguiars Quick Detailer M66 a month ago as well.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

That shine on the silver puts some dark colors to shame. I assume the pics are taken in your office parking and the tires are looking jet black (including threads). How do you manage to drive to office without getting any dust/dirt on tires? Looks like the Chennai municipality cleans the road just before you drive .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information