• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PROKLEAR Raw Xtreme - An Enthusiast's Review

Hybrid View

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

PROKLEAR Raw Xtreme - An Enthusiast's Review

It all started one day after a conversation with Sathish where he asked me to do a comparison and review between his new product Proklear Raw Xtreme and Ultima Waterless Wash . I was delighted to do so and he gave me a 250ml pack as sample to test and compile a review.

This review is clearly my unbiased opinion from my usage, I am no professional detailer or anything just an enthusiast with a OCD for clean shiny cars .

I'm also not a good writer so please bear with me and if you need any other details regarding my useage of the product please let me know

This is what I received.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140821_202600.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	190958

A bottle of Xtreme and a blue all purpose MF towel.

The MF towel is of good quality and similar to the 3M and Eurow towels.

The review is based on few parameters such as :

1. Clay Lube
      2. Waterless Wash
      3. Rinseless Wash
      4. QD ( Quick Detailing )
      5. Interior Cleaning
      6. Home Application
      7. Smell
      8. Effects on Plastic & Rubber
      9. Hydrophobicity
      10. Cost

1. Clay Lube

Xtreme

I used Xtreme as clay lube with the concentration's of 5ML for 500ml of water and 10ml for 500ml of water.

10ML to 500ML of water.

This was great there was very good lubricity and sprayed this on the bonnet and after about 30 seconds started claying and the clay started moving rough at first ( because of the contamination ) then started gliding very easily. The clay lube was very usefull and the clay glided perfectly over the surface as it should. This activity was done with the help of @arvindr2391 and @prithviq8 . We clayed 2 cars that day with Xtreme . This product doesn't dry out fast for our climate and a good generous spray would stay and keep the surface saturated for a good amount of time. .

5ML to 500ML of water

This dilution ratio was used just to test out Xtreme , what we found with this was pretty surprising , it felt the same was as the higher concentration of clay lube ( as above) . The clay glided very well. There was no significant difference apart from the smell of the liquid , this proportion dried out a little faster than the higher concentration but was adequate for use as clay lube. We proceeded to clay the rest of the panels with this concentration itself.

UWW & Xtreme comparison as clay lube.

There was few major differences we found , both was used with same dilution ratio of 5ML to 500ML of water . The UWW dried out faster and didn't feel as lubricated as Xtreme. It obviously needed way more UWW concentrate to use a Clay lube compared to Xtreme.

Now while using both we saw that uww made the clay pick up the contaminants and it stuck to the clay whereas what we felt with xtreme was it helped the clay lift the contaminants and it didn't stick to the clay so it surprisingly stayed pretty clean till the end. What we thought at first was that Xtreme didn't help the clay lift any contaminants and that it was still stuck to the surface but on touching the surface it was sooo soft . And when we went over the same surface again with clay and UWW it didn't pick up anything indicating the surface was clean ! Somehow the contaminants would get up from the surface but not stick on the clay or the paint . After a good rinse the contaminants are gone from the surface of the paint and the paint is super slick.

Sorry got carried away by claying the car and didn't take pics. .

Will take more pics when claying the next time and upload here . ( But to give you an idea the clay was still the same color and had very small amount of contaminants on it. )

2. Waterless Wash

Now the test subjects for the waterless wash were :

My Civic ( Got a coat of Ex- Sealant 1 week back )
      My Rapid ( Got a coat of Ex- Sealant 2 days back )
      Neighbours City ( Badly maintained by his driver )

Civic :

Kept the wash solution with the dilution ratio of 5ML of Xtreme to 500ML of water. Sprayed the panels one by one with the solution very very generously ( paranoid of swirls ) and let it sit for about 30 seconds and then dried with a 350GSM Eurow MF Towel and then buffed with a 660GSM CG ultra plush towel. The surface became clean with ease there was no new swirls formed. The surface had good shine, didn't notice any extra shine since it was used on a dark coloured car but gave the same shine as that which I got after detailing the car. The reflections also were of same stage. The slickness I had 2 weeks back ( just after applying sealant ) wasn't there but it was still slick maybe lost about 25% of the original slickness.

Got similar results of slickness when used UWW on another panel. But I guess thats more to do with the durability of Poorboys Ex-sealant than the Xtreme and UWW.

Pic of car before [ Thick layer of dust ( const. site is my neighbour )only as car was parked for 5 days and not taken out.]

Name:	20140902_204907.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	191002
      Reflection pic of car after.

Name:	20140824_142448.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	190959

Rapid :

This car is used on a regular basis by myself to college and back and everywhere else. The car has lots of dust ( lots more than the civic ) as my parking in college is again much much closer to a construction ( Metro rail ) and a thick layer was present and some tree sap and small drops of water due to rain which made the dust stick .

Sprayed the car generously with solution of Xtreme diluted to 5ML of conc. to 500ML of water and wiped using a 350gsm Eurow towel and buffed using 660GSM CG towel.
      This removed dirt very easily similar to my experience with the civic. Reflection was great and no change from the day I applied sealant to today. The slickness was much better as compared to the civic but again I guess thats due to the durability of sealant and the fact the sealant was applied 2 days back .

Before:

Name:	20140902_204914.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	191003
      After :

Name:	20140824_143539.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	190960
      City :

The car had mild dust and was rough to touch and was never ever detailed would guess it to be some 5 or 6 years old and never detailed only maintained by driver's. Sprayed the solution of Xtreme let it sit for 30 seconds then wiped away. The surface became clean , there was a decent amount of slickness better than when I started. But was still rough ( 5 or 6 years worth of contaminants ) Reflection was better compared to other panels. Today morning ( 31.08.14 )saw the panel compared to the other panels when clean it looks cleaner and still had some slickness only on that panel which I cleaned. The surprise was there was slickness on that panel even tough it was washed with water today morning by the driver and considering the fact I washed that panel yest morning ( 30.08.14) . Bet my neighbours driver was surprised when he saw one panel was clean and the others were dirty

Picture : Sorry I have lost the pic in the process. So will redo the test on the other 2 door's of the same car and post shortly

3. Rinseless wash

Test subjects :

@vys_1 's Polo GTD ( Detailed never )
      my Skoda Rapid. ( sealant applied 2 week's back )

The way I do rinseless wash is a bit different , not the usual bucket wash. I filled a spray bottle with 5ML of Xtreme and 500mL of water and sprayed it on the surface and then wiped the dirt away with a 350GSM Eurow MF towel which was extremely soaking wet with clean water. Then the surface is dried with Detailedclean's giant blue drying towel and buffed with 350GM Cobra orange towel.

Rapid :

Sprayed and wiped off , dirt was removed off very easily. Dried with the towel and buffed , reflection is good. There is no wet look to the surface which i had for about 1.5 weeks after I applied sealant ( again thats more to do with durability of sealant ).
      Reflection was good , and very shiny.
      Slickness - expected that there would be lesser slickness as it was 2 weeks since sealant was applied but got same slickness as I got after 1 week past sealant application. There was good slickness. If you rested on it .. your going to slide and fall .

@vys_1 's GTD

Now anyone whose seen this car knows well it's badly maintained (Not a ton of swirls , but neglected ) . The car does highway drives every weekend and is washed maybe once a week if it's lucky but when it's washed it's washed well and so no swirls but amount of dirt was mad. Now when we had to wash this car it was 1 week from it's last wash and 1 week back it did a highway run from KL to Chennai under heavy rain and the dirt and dust was stuck to the car. There was also ample bugs on the car which he collected on his journey . Those who have seen the car regularly ( most people who attend #chennai meet's will know ) will tell you that the car is seldom black. It's mostly brown

That day cleaning his car was a big task. Sprayed the panels with ( 7ML of conc. to 500ML water ) solution to the car (why more conc. ? If you saw his car you wouldn't ask me this ) sprayed and used a soaking wet cloth to wipe off. 1 pass over the section of a panel and the loose dirt is gone but white white spots are still remaining. Sprayed some more solution and scrubbed with a soaking wet MF and it was gone. Then sprayed another panel with solution ( 5ML to 500 ML of water ) and did the same and it cleaned just as good.

Now tried 5ML to 1000ML of water on a vertical panel and the results were same as before except that it took few more seconds for the crow shit to dissolve. But it still dissolved it like RAW.

But I also found RAW not RAW Xtreme to be a much better cleaner for heavily soiled car.

reflection pic :

Name:	IMG-20140902-WA0017.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	190961

4. QD ( Quick Detailing ) :

Test Subject : Rapid

Washed the car with Rinseless wash method using Xtreme and them applied a coat of Poorboy's Ex-Sealant and buffed off and then misted Xtreme in the concentration of 5ML to 500ML of water and buffed off using a 660GSM towel.

This is the reflection :

Name:	20140827_175640.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	190962

Now I found it not to interfere much with the sealant 's effect on the color of the paint. The sealant made the paint look more brighter and Xtreme kind of made that effect a bit more subtle.

On my use of UWW before as QD found it to enhance the red in a more darker but yellowish tone . The same was felt by @arvindr2391 when he used UWW ad QD on his Silver Dzire .

5. Interior Cleaning :

Xtreme ( 5:500 ) vs Meg's APC ( 5:500 )

This would be an unfair comparison as the APC blew the xtreme out of the water. The megs would start moving the dirt in seconds after spraying it.
      The xtreme showed decent results compared to APC on art leather . Sprayed waited for about 10 seconds no difference visually, agitated it with a toothbrush and BAZINGA !! It's clean. Like new.

Took more a little more scrubbing with using UWW( 5:500 ) but the end result was same.

APC & Xtreme are circled and labeled.

Name:	20140823_160918.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	190963

6. Home Application

Xtreme ( 5:500 )

Sprayed on Leather Sofa and agitated with tooth brush and meg's foam pad. It's clean. And it smells better than APC.
      Got same result as APC with about 50%more work using Xtreme . UWW gave same effect as APC but marginally more work than Xtreme.

Name:	20140903_195159.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	191035

7. Smell

Now this is a very important attribute for me . I always like my car to smell good and would prefer not to even have to smell bad chemicals like IronX , Collinite etc.

Xtreme smells a little better than the new improved RAW which I got few months back . It has a minty smell. Kinda like mild toothpaste

I found that my RAW lost the smell in few months , but having used Xtreme for only few weeks cannot compare it on smell duration. But the seats now have a minty fresh smell.

8. Effect on plastics and rubber

Sprayed and wiped ( 5:500 ) . It's not a substitute for any trim dresser or restorer but it's a good cleaner. They looked the same but the small bits of dust and all that were stuck in the texture was gone . The plastics or rubber has NO negative effects post use with Xtreme visually . There is no white patches or anything.

9. Hydrophobicity

Now I need help here from #detailing experts. How to conduct a beading test without having rain ? I thought spraying water is not a true test. And miraculously no rain exactly when my car is in the open

Also feel this test won't be carried out properly on my cars as they have coats of sealant and hence that would affect the hydrophobicity or water beading / sheeting etc.

10. Cost

Proklear Xtreme - 499 INR ( 250ML )
      Ultima Waterless Wash - 1775 INR ( 16Oz or 473ML )
      Last edited by nitin; 3rd Sep 2014 at 20:07.
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

Where there is no freedom
      there is no growth

Awesome

Very helpful review. Now I am impatient to open and test the Xtreme on my car
      Will the tar spots also vanish with Xtreme?

I have a OT query. Is Eurow MF towel not suitable for buffing. Why I am asking is that I got a pack of 5 for drying and buffing.

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKV View Post
      Will the tar spots also vanish with Xtreme?
      Never tested for this !! But will try and let you know.

Or tagging PROKLEAR for some insight
      Quote Originally Posted by SKV View Post
      Now I am impatient to open and test the Xtreme on my car
      It's a very good #detailing product !! Pls post your useage to the thread as well so we get to know its effects on various conditions and usage !!
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

driveclean.in

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
      Sprayed on Leather Sofa
      Always try to use leather safe products on leather. Like Meg's leather cleaner, Scholls green APC and then apply some conditioner on it.

Normal APC's are too strong and it may peel off the texture over leather and make it rough over a period of time. So, please be careful on leathers.

Goodwill is what you take with
      you not your Money

Awesome

PROKLEAR Xtreme is 100% safe to use on Leather and contains conditioners to keep it soft and supple.

Thanks,
      Satish
      PROKLEAR™

driveclean.in

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by PROKLEAR View Post
      PROKLEAR Xtreme is 100% safe to use on Leather and contains conditioners to keep it soft and supple.
      Satish, please include "leather safe" in your product thread.

"
      PROKLEAR™ RAW Xtreme can be safely used on paint,chrome,plastics, vinyl, rubber, tyre, glass, metal, wheels etc.
      "

Since its a waterless wash product, may I know what are the leather conditioners added in to Xtreme. Just curious to know

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      Normal APC's are too strong and it may peel off the texture over leather and make it rough over a period of time.
      Thank's will remember for future use. Just used it on part of the sofa !! The sofa's way to big and non automotive to give it the time to clean fully

I honestly don't see any difference in texture on both sides on the sofa. They are as before but cleaner.
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT

driveclean.in

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nitin View Post
      The sofa's way to big and non automotive to give it the time to clean fully
      I know where it is and there are 3 sofa's like that . I cleaned a part with Scholls green APC and gave some to him. To keep the investment for longer time, better use specified products.

Goodwill is what you take with
      you not your Money

Awesome

Ok, I will do that.
      It is not only a waterless wash product, it also provides protection. The protectant component has got wide spectrum functionality and its a trade secret.

Thanks,
      Satish
      PROKLEAR™

^_^

Awesome

Blog Entries
      It is not only a waterless wash product, it also provides protection.
      Glad to hear that. But protection from what and how? Please explain.

The protectant component has got wide spectrum functionality
      Like?

its a trade secret.
      Sure we appreciate the secrecy. But as buyers we'd appreciate if you could clarify the above questions.
      Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information