• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electronic Car Tyre Inflator & Air Compressor Pump

Planning Temple Trip of Tamil
      Nadu

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by turbokick View Post
      Spending 15 minutes hearing the noise of the inflator is a lot easier than placing the jack, unscrew the wheels, putting the spare and tighten them. Just my Opinion.
      Though the economist inside me supports my friend Nomad's argument, at the end of the day my heart favours turbokick.
      Safety First ( https://gearheads.in/group.php?groupid=54 )

aka cmsajith

Awesome

I never believe the accuracy of the air filling m/c in any of the fuel pumps and hence I use a electric inflator (from eBay) and a manual tyre pressure gauge (calibrated against the service center filling m/c, it also has to be properly calibrated and I check for any change on every service). When I am in hurry, I fill it from a pump (2 or 3 psi more) and adjust to the desired pressure using my gauge.

Fear - False Evidence
      Appearing Real

Awesome

Dear all
      I am planning to purchase Good Year Tyre Inflator RCP-B31C Digital Air Pump. However, have questions as below . Request a reply for these questions from the experts /experienced folks here

1. If i want to just measure the air pressure on tyres (No Inflation), should i connect the inflator power cord to the Lighter socket and then, check the Pressure ? OR can I just measure without connecting the power cord ? (Does the pressure gauge show up the pressure without connecting the power cord ?)

2. Suppose i want to top up the pressure for stepney and cable length does not support the reach to stepney (Read backside of the vechicle - Qualis), then, can i Switch ON the pump to build enough pressure(Without connecting the tyre valve to Inflator), Switch off the Power -> take the inflator near the Tyre and connect the tyre valve and fill the tyre pressure ? OR should I remove the stepney from the vehicle, every time i want to top up the pressure ?

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Quote Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
      1. If i want to just measure the air pressure on tyres (No Inflation), should i connect the inflator power cord to the Lighter socket and then, check the Pressure ? OR can I just measure without connecting the power cord ? (Does the pressure gauge show up the pressure without connecting the power cord ?)
      You need to plug it in to to check the pressure.

Suppose i want to top up the pressure for stepney and cable length does not support the reach to stepney (Read backside of the vechicle - Qualis), then, can i Switch ON the pump to build enough pressure(Without connecting the tyre valve to Inflator), Switch off the Power -> take the inflator near the Tyre and connect the tyre valve and fill the tyre pressure ? OR should I remove the stepney from the vehicle, every time i want to top up the pressure ?
      No. You need to take the stepney out and connect it to the pump before turning it on to pump in air.

Fear - False Evidence
      Appearing Real

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      You need to plug it in to to check the pressure.
      Thanks for the response. If this is the case, then, Does it mean that i should have another separate pressure gauge to check the pressure regularly ? I donot think it is worth effort to make the entire setup to just check the air pressure of four wheels.

What are the other opinions here ?

Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      No. You need to take the stepney out and connect it to the pump before turning it on to pump in air.
      I understand this. there is no other go

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      What are the other opinions here ?
      There are many options. You can go in for a digital gauge or a analog one. Just look in amazon.in

I too have a Tyre inflator but also a analog meter gauge to check the pressure weekly.

Coido 6075 Metallic Tyre Pressure Guage with Analog Meter: Amazon.in: Car Motorbike

Aeoss Tyre Tire Gauge Digital LCD Display with LED lighting effect PSI Motorbike
      Last edited by back2u4u; 12th Oct 2016 at 14:17.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I am using the Windek tyre inflator for two of my cars. Happy customer for sure. Does the job and is priced well.

Compact, light weight, moderately noisy, doesn't jump around, auto cut off, torch light, digital meter etc.

Windek RCP_AL1E_1902 Digital Tyre Inflator: Amazon.in: Car Motorbike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information