• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The very tempting offer once again... BMW - Don't postpone joy.... Need help guys...

Love That Grunt !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by legendracer View Post
      please share service details.
      With X1 i had 3 servicings, first service cost 15k second and third cost 25k each and that was a diesel version. Of course there were few warranty repairs which were pertaining to headlights and suspension which was done across all the cars of that batch. For the 3 series petrol that i have now i am yet to go for the service.

Definitely there would be parts replacements in due course however you will land up with enough contacts to get those imported and fitted at half the cost. That is a different story altogether but they do exist in our market.

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh Chandran View Post
      first service cost 15k second and third cost 25k each
      even 10k is too much for regular services, like, oil, oil filter, air filter, ac filter, fuel filter,some cleaning with labour at Rs 1500.
      Why do people post I want the best for my car... When there isn't anything that is the best on the car to begin with.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      even 10k is too much for regular services, like, oil, oil filter, air filter, ac filter, fuel filter,some cleaning with labour at Rs 1500.
      Simple economics. Parts and Service costs is always taken as a percentage of vehicle cost. Forget the costs of running a marquee A.S.S, look at the price list of any roadside wheel alignment guy for instance - cheapest will be a Maruti 800 and the costs keep scaling up as you go higher up the categories. The work involved and time taken is largely the same.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      Parts and Service costs is always taken as a percentage of vehicle cost.
      i think in future companies would change this attitude in india. the kitna deti hay mentality is so famous among manufacturers now. so maybe this too... and if benz and bmw are able to do this, then its bye bye to all others...
      Why do people post I want the best for my car... When there isn't anything that is the best on the car to begin with.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      i think in future companies would change this attitude in india. the kitna deti hay mentality is so famous among manufacturers now. so maybe this too... and if benz and bmw are able to do this, then its bye bye to all others...
      Wont happen. Like I said its simple economics.

Look at it this way - why should a BMW panel cost three times (or more) than a similar panel of a D segment car? Both are made of steel.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      New Year 2017

Secret

and if benz and bmw are able to do this,
      Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      Wont happen. Like I said its simple economics.
      in a lighter sense, it might happen when fuel station owners in India start to sell the fuel at one third that of the market or cost price, just because consumers need lower prices.

In every economy, there are different segment of customers

1. Strugglers: Generally below poverty line

2. Risers: willing work hard, smart and rise the standard of living, willing to stretch, take risks (financially), aspiring class.

3. Frugal Mindset: these are the people even though they can afford, think why we need a car ?, we can use public transport on a daily basis anyway, once in a while we can use Rickshaw or may be hire a car. eventually due to peer or social pressure, end up buying an entry level vehicle.

4. Value Mindset: These are the people who think value of owning a car, convenience, life style needs, passion for road travel, family or work related needs etc. generally willing to trade value for money and buy that extra entry+ or mid segment vehicle

5. Luxury Mindset: These are the guys who value "emotions like joy, pride" "being ahead of the rest" "being unique" "being different" etc. they are always willing to splurge to realize the value. Generally buys high end, vehicles

6. 1 percent'er mindset: These are the consumer, who are highest achievers in their field of work, want to live like one in social world, Generally top 1% of people

Apart from this there is a segment called "enthusiasts" who are cut across all the above segment, these guys are technical and evolution wise aware and looking for the best and cutting edge performance and at the least cost.

In a market like India, where the vehicle ownership is approx 3-4% of the population, we are all in either category 6 or 5 or 4 from the perspective of the people in the category 1 and 2. Some of us are Enthusiasts. But among us, we know what is our affordability and ability to splurge.

Traditionally BMW and Merc buyers in India are not expected to negotiate on the price and do stunts like "buy insurance from outside" "import cheaper parts and get it fitted in outside garage" or "negotiate for free accessories or discounts" etc, because most of these people were in 0.1% category exclusive among the exclusive.

With democratization of the wealth and rising incomes due to entrepreneurship, there are more people in the top 1-2-3 percentile population. but their mindset is still from the previous segment. so the sellers struggle to respond to such customers, buyers struggle to understand the value.
      Last edited by Nomad; 9th Nov 2014 at 21:04.

new born

Awesome

Hi Jeane
      Happy to see your interest in the BMW. Not a shadow of doubt, pure driving pleasure. I did own a e90 for 70k km and enjoyed every bit of it.
      Hope you do not under estimate the service and maintenance bills. Any query on the 320d please do not hesitate. I drive an eclass now
      Pradeep

My Lovable Family Mover
      Friendly

Awesome

In India most of the person's who are willing to Buy these German Stuffs are using it for 1 year or less than that it will be went to garage or in Seconds Sale list!,these people in India are mostly 10 to 15% in 2000 to 2005 now its gone upto 25 to 30% somehow its quite hard to handle these cars in slowly developing India,Especially in roads are unplanned,Unlanned,Lots of large Pa tholes,For a Single rain itself the roads get flooded like a cyclone occurs and some of them just showcasing these Germans Stuffs in there Garage (that they won something most precious in life) and using only Indian Made Cars. More Over these cars not Indian Standards and also we don't have dedicated 6 lanes or 8 Lanes were in German or any-other European Countries.I am not saying that u don't want to buy, but think our Indian roads and its conditions.
      Last edited by Sathishkumar Shanmugam; 12th Nov 2014 at 06:12.

Love That Grunt !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sathishkumar Shanmugam View Post
      In India most of the person's who are willing to Buy these German Stuffs are using it for 1 year or less than that it will be went to garage or in Seconds Sale list!,these people in India are mostly 10 to 15% in 2000 to 2005 now its gone upto 25 to 30% somehow its quite hard to handle these cars in slowly developing India,Especially in roads are unplanned,Unlanned,Lots of large Pa tholes,For a Single rain itself the roads get flooded like a cyclone occurs and some of them just showcasing these Germans Stuffs in there Garage (that they won something most precious in life) and using only Indian Made Cars. More Over these cars not Indian Standards and also we don't have dedicated 6 lanes or 8 Lanes were in German or any-other European Countries.I am not saying that u don't want to buy, but think our Indian roads and its conditions.
      Who said these vehicles are not made for bad roads ?

Rather the build quality of these vehicles are far better. It is a question of mindset and not road condition.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh Chandran View Post
      Rather the build quality of these vehicles are far better.
      I am not sure. I will never get me a BMW or Mercedes. I will go for a car which is easy to maintain with affordable spares. The service from the dealer is as important for me.
      That means VW. 251,000 km now.
      Last edited by Indian; 13th Nov 2014 at 00:13.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information