• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The very tempting offer once again... BMW - Don't postpone joy.... Need help guys...

Love That Grunt !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      I am not sure. I will never get me a BMW or Mercedes. I will go for a car which is easy to maintain with affordable spares. The service from the dealer is as important for me.
      That means VW. 251,000 km now.
      Any particular reason that you are not sure about it. Definitely there is a huge difference in driving pleasure and that is purely due to quality of manufacturing.

My Lovable Family Mover
      Friendly

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh Chandran View Post
      Who said these vehicles are not made for bad roads ?
      Yes it could be there are plenty of incidents are there u can find it from net.

Following Incidents are came-out from Pathole!.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1304377d1414739320-accidents-india-pics-img_4572.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	195619

* One similar incidents was 5-series BMW apparently went into a pot hole at about 140 km/hr and its going to be expensive fix.There is no damage to bumper which itself is quite low in the first place ( as its a low slung sedan ). Might be an indicator that the pothole was not very deep or rather it was not a big enough pothole.

And also some same 5 series one gone over a pothole (unsighted in daylight due to being on a shaded part of road under a tree) at 120 KMPH and came out only with my rims bent slightly.

* The thing is for such a heavy impact that broke away the suspension, the alloys and tyres are intact. From my last experience in my 3 series, I was under the impression that the alloy bore the maximum brunt.

* Something similar happened on my 3 series couple of Years back , speed was around 80-100 on a speed bump just before Toll , I continued driving for 100 Kms or so without even realising except my car was pulling on right side , we went for test drive and still guys could not figure , only when they used lift , whole wheel assembly came out but it was replaced Free of Charge by BMW

* Happened 2 yrs back with my 330i as well. The stiff suspension, ~100-120kph, and a huge pothole out of nowhere, not only got my rear axle screwed pretty bad, the car suffered a constant rear alignment & suspension issue for over a year which kept eroding the inner lining of the rear tires every few thousand kilometers. We went through 4 sets of rear tires in that duration.

Rather the build quality of these vehicles are far better. It is a question of mindset and not road condition.
      Yes!.. i know these cars have a very good build quality...If u r pushing a limit across it will also end-up into two pieces: Recent Ludhiana accident BMW split into 2 pieces after hitting a tree at speed of 200 Kph.

I am not saying for the people who are affordable and able to manage the expense or ability to buy a brand new or replace another one! and also i am not the hater of BMW or any other Branded cars,I too love BMW from a distances not too Closer.

If u are able to afford regular service bills & + Extra's,Maintenance costs after spending 30 to 50+ Lakh's on these cars there is nothing there to worry.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

that is purely due to quality of manufacturing.
      The BMW has been sold here for about the same time as the VW from the 50s. When I look at cars on the streets, I dont see a BMW that is more than about 20 years old. This if seen is a very rare sight. You hardly see a BMW thats more than 10 years old. They are living their new lives as nails. There are hardly any vintage BMWs around.
      Now look for VWs and the old cars are all over the place.
      This alone speaks volumes about quality.

Love That Grunt !

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      The BMW has been sold here for about the same time as the VW from the 50s. When I look at cars on the streets, I dont see a BMW that is more than about 20 years old. This if seen is a very rare sight. You hardly see a BMW thats more than 10 years old. They are living their new lives as nails. There are hardly any vintage BMWs around.
      Now look for VWs and the old cars are all over the place.
      This alone speaks volumes about quality.
      It is because they are far and few. If you have the eye for it you can see them. There are lots of facebook groups where you will find such cars, but it is limited to hardcore vintage car fans. In India those who run BMWs will exchange it for a new one when they can which in no way means those old cars are scrapped. Of course one wouldn't find those being sold on OLX though.

Searcing new Destinations...

Awesome

Of course one wouldn't find those being sold on OLX though.
      You can find numerous BMWs and Audi ads on OLX and Quikr.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      It is because they are far and few.
      Rajesh - Indian is based in Norway and travels all over Europe. He is giving you the European perspective. BMWs are pretty common in the Gulf. And the same holds true here as well. Gulf is a bad market to compare used cars though - very rarely will cars get kept for 10 years etc (unless its an M etc)
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Plz buy at the earliest....do not postpone!!

As you already own the cruze i would suggest the 530D
      (PS: if its going to be a daily commute car may be the 3 but if its only for long & fun drives it has to be the 530D)

your choice should depend on how you drive, if you are a fast driver & settle for some thing less,theres not much you can do when a 530D flies past

Also note maintenance of a 5er is not as expensive as suggested in above posts.. it is only slightly more than a cruze
      Last edited by DocZ; 14th Feb 2015 at 15:26.

Searcing new Destinations...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
      theres not much you can do when a 530D flies past
      Very much true.
      On 15th Jan, while going to Gujarat, I entered the Pune Mumbai Expressway at dusk. I was doing around 140 kmph. Suddenly I saw something looming in my rear view mirror, a very fast approaching set of twin angel eyes. The first thing which flashed in mind was docz's 530d. I was faster in giving way to him before he even thought about asking for way. I was already leaving the right lane by the time he flashed (had already switched on his lights by then). And by the time I stablized in my lane, he had zoomed past me by about 400 mtrs.

Better to travel well, than to
      arrive...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
      Plz buy at the earliest....do not postpone!!

As you already own the cruze i would suggest the 530D
      (PS: if its going to be a daily commute car may be the 3 but if its only for long & fun drives it has to be the 530D)

your choice should depend on how you drive, if you are a fast driver & settle for some thing less,theres not much you can do when a 530D flies past

Also note maintenance of a 5er is not as expensive as suggested in above posts.. it is only slightly more than a cruze
      Hi sir, thanks a lot for your suggestion and congrats on your 530... Just checked out your pics... Luring...
      530 is certainly not within my budget. Last month, had visited BMW chennai, sighted a 530i in the used cars... Couldn't recollect the price, think it was around 42-45. Pretty used up, but not bad for that price. Was in a dilemma again.. Also sighted X1, X3 and a well used up 3. Infact the price of the x1 was attractive too... 2012 - 29k on the odo- price - 30L. Had recently shifted to chennai, settling up with the new place... So giving little more time to the verdict... DocZ
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  4.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  5.6 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information