• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Jaguar XF: will suit Indian roads?

Yes I am on my way!

Awesome

Jaguar XF: will suit Indian roads?

A very warm hi to all fellow Gearheads.

Have not yet introduced myself on the forum, will do so in a while. I needed advice first so, went ahead to ask for the same.

I am planning to buy a Jaguar XF 3.0 diesel. Many people have advised me against it for reasons I cannot agree with.

1. The ground clearance or rather "it's very low, will pose problems".
      2. The Jaguar/Landrover sales & service is hopeless they say.

Now, I test drove the XF and it didn't seem to pose any problems regarding ground clearance on my city roads which don't even come closer to being good roads. It drove well and responded quite nicely on the roads I drove it on: bumps, potholes, breakers et al.
      Coming to the after sales & service part, I honestly don't know about it being good or bad though I was much impressed with the sales guys. Have been offered a decent discount on the price as well.
      It's the interiors, mainly, I fell for of the car; drive selector pops out, ac vents open up on pressing the start/stop button, interior lighting and stuff. Not to forget the rich leather cladding all over.

Will appreciate the valuable suggestions of the members on my querry. Thanks.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Honestly, I'd either go for a BMW 530d or the equivalent E class.
      You'll soon forget about the gearstick popping up and the vents turning when you start the engine, as they're just gimmicks.

You can get leather dashboards etc. in the 530d or E class, but I'd imagine that they'd be a cost option that you would have to order before it comes from the factory. It cannot be easily added afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Count510 View Post
      A very warm hi to all fellow Gearheads.

Have not yet introduced myself on the forum, will do so in a while. I needed advice first so, went ahead to ask for the same.

I am planning to buy a Jaguar XF 3.0 diesel. Many people have advised me against it for reasons I cannot agree with.

1. The ground clearance or rather "it's very low, will pose problems".
      2. The Jaguar/Landrover sales & service is hopeless they say.

Now, I test drove the XF and it didn't seem to pose any problems regarding ground clearance on my city roads which don't even come closer to being good roads. It drove well and responded quite nicely on the roads I drove it on: bumps, potholes, breakers et al.
      Coming to the after sales & service part, I honestly don't know about it being good or bad though I was much impressed with the sales guys. Have been offered a decent discount on the price as well.
      It's the interiors, mainly, I fell for of the car; drive selector pops out, ac vents open up on pressing the start/stop button, interior lighting and stuff. Not to forget the rich leather cladding all over.

Will appreciate the valuable suggestions of the members on my querry. Thanks.

Thread Information