Rainbow has been working on a revolutionary DSP silently for a few years now. The initial launch was supposed to be early 2014, but they wanted to perfect the iOS app and fix a few minor bugs, so they delayed the launch by almost a year and now finally, the DSP has been launched.
What makes this DSP different to others in the market?
For starters, it's the....
Yes, you heard it right. Uncompressed audio streaming via WiFi iOS and Android devices, or via USB port of Windows devices.
For those of you who are interested in the technical specs.
For some pics of the UI for the iOS devices.
The I-Phone can be used only as Remote Control (RC) device that is to switch between Source & Presets apart from being able to Wi-Fi Stream songs.
The I-Pad however will do the same functions as the I-Phone for a normal user.
However, for the experienced users, there is also a Pro Version for the I-Pad where you can get almost all the tuning options as the PC Software itself.
Now for some pics of the UI from the PC software, which in looks is quite similar to the iOS UI.
Source Select & Preset Page.
By Right clicking on the Frequency tab or any other tab, you can get a drop down list with pre-defined points.
Options to link a channel or copy settings from one channel to the other.
Setting the Gain, Center Frequency and Q-Factor.
Crossovers & Level Settings Review Page.
Equalizer Settings Review Page.
Time Alignment (Delay) and Phase Settings Review Page.
And now for the pics of the DSP itself.
- Analog Devices 56 Bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- Burr Brown High-End Audio AD/DA Converter
- 6 PreAmp inputs
- 6 High Level inputs
- 1 Stereo Aux input (3.5mm jack)
- 1 Telephone / Navigation input with auto-sense function
- 1 Mini USB input
- SPDIF input / output (optical, pass through possible)
- 8 PreAmp outputs
- MOST BUS OEM input provision (module optional)
- Supports Start/Stop vehicles
- Uncompressed audio streaming via WiFi from iOS devices or via USB input from Windows devices
- Real time DSP configuration via WiFi from iOS & Android devices or via USB input from any Windows OS
- *WiFi functionality via optional WiFi module only
- 30 band parametric equalizer
- High- / Low- / Band-Pass with up to 30 dB / octave slope
- Butterworth / Bessel / Chebychev filters
- Time alignment with up to 4,82 meters (14,6 ms) adjustable in 7mm (0,02ms) steps
- Large overview page for fast check of current settings
- Possibility to save/reload DSP configuration from a CLOUD storage provided.
Needless to say, the price for this DSP will be a bit higher compared to it's competitors. We've already placed our first orders for this revolutionary DSP and you can see a demo of the same in our cars starting from Feb end.
For those of you who want to play around with the Software, you can download the same for your iOS devices and Windows devices from the link below.
Software - Rainbow Car Audio
Source - Rainbow Audio Website.
Price: With Wi-Fi module: MRP 74990.
Without Wi-Fi module: MRP 64990.