• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainbow DSP 1.8 with Wi-Fi Audio Streaming - Revolutionizing how DSPs will be made here on.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RAHUL S View Post
      Now available for a MRP of Rs.74990
      Woah that costs way more than an arm and a leg put together.

even considering the fact that its approx 600 euro in europe for the non wifi model and 665 euros for the wifi model.

The best is yet to come

Hungry

If you replace the HU (source) with either line-out-capable-android or plain-jane-iOS, then the cost doesn't seem to be high for this chain.

iOS/Droid > This_DSP > 6.1 channel Amp > 6.1 speakers

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by brendanbarrett70 View Post
      Woah that costs way more than an arm and a leg put together.
      One could probably wait for the Founders Sale or the Chirstmas sale where the same will be available for 48700 and 56250

Quote Originally Posted by brendanbarrett70 View Post
      even considering the fact that its approx 600 euro in europe for the non wifi model and 665 euros for the wifi model.
      This topic has been brought up before and one of the best explanations I've seen is this below.

Quote Originally Posted by Singh Gunbir View Post
      Lets assume a $200 msrp product ships from factory at $100, and freight costs 20% to both Dubai and India

- 100% product lands in both Dubai and India at $120
      - Dubai import duty is 4%, India - 27% - Cost in Dubai is $124.80 and India $152.40
      - Now add a markup of 10% for the Importer / Distributor - Dubai is $137.28 and India $167.64
      - Add another 30% markup for the Retailer - Dubai $178.46 and India $217.93
      - Now comes the whammy, India's sales tax! Dubai - $178.46 but in India add 12.5% for first point of sale, so India $245.17
      - Now since India doesn't have a single tax system like GST, there is a second slab of tax on selling in the another state so add another 12.5%, so India $275.81
      - Of course don't forget that certain states also imply Octroi so add another 5.5%, now India $291

For the same product, if all the involved parties made exactly the same margins, the price for a $200 MSRP product would be approx $180 in Dubai and $300 in India.

Now let's see who made what:

Mfr - $100 (includes their cost)
      Freight company - $20
      Govt of Dubai (Customs) - $4.80
      Govt of India (Customs) - $32.40
      Importer Dubai - $13
      Importer India - $15
      Retailer Dubai - $40
      Retailer India - $50
      Govt of India (Sales Taxes & Octroi) - $ 80

So when you buy a product here for $300 you pay our govt approx $110. THEY actually earn more on every sale than the manufacturer, the Importer or the Retailer. In fact, the Importer earns the LEAST among all the links in the chain.
      Now let's assume if you ordered the DSP from Germany, you'd be paying 47000 (retail price) + 12690 (27% customs duty) = 59690. Haven't included shipping. Let's assume 5000 for shipping, that makes the price close to 64690. Sadly, we also have to include a 12.5% VAT into this if we have to sell in India. That brings the price down to 72776

If anything costs an arm and a leg here in our country, it's mostly due to our archaic taxation policies.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Awesome

so not sure i understand. The WIFI is mainly to connect your iOS source wirelessly .
      So i assume that for internet your phone acts as a WIFI hotspot? Would bandwidth be enough for internet streaming?
      So would one be able to use Spotify/TIDAL/Quboz on the phone and sync digitally to the DSP via WIFI?
      Home Audio : Bluesound Node 2 - Audiolab 8200 CDP - Krell 400xi Amp - Dynaudio Focus 140s Standmounts- Chord Cabling and XLR Interconnects
      Car Audio : P99RS HU - Rainbow Profi Vanadium 3 Way Kicks - Rainbow Germanium Four - Gladen SQx-12 Sub - AIV Cabling and interconnects

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
      So would one be able to use Spotify/TIDAL/Quboz on the phone and sync digitally to the DSP via WIFI?
      The iOS device via wifi can connect to the DSP for streaming of the media on the storage or controlling the DSP while using other sources or to use the wifi hotspot around it .. both I don't think it will be able to do.
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Awesome

So if once my DSP settings are done ( i assume then i wont need to fidget around the DSP). I would then be able to run TIDAL or any media on my phone/iPAD and sync to DSP. ? Or am i still getting it wrong. Secondly would a 3G signal on my phone be enough for this? especially i were to stream lossless ( 1411 KBPS) .
      Home Audio : Bluesound Node 2 - Audiolab 8200 CDP - Krell 400xi Amp - Dynaudio Focus 140s Standmounts- Chord Cabling and XLR Interconnects
      Car Audio : P99RS HU - Rainbow Profi Vanadium 3 Way Kicks - Rainbow Germanium Four - Gladen SQx-12 Sub - AIV Cabling and interconnects

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

I would then be able to run TIDAL or any media on my phone/iPAD and sync to DSP. ?
      I think for media playback you need to use the Rainbow app itself. Not sure if any other app will work .. mclaren1885 can probably confirm as he has the DSP with him

Secondly would a 3G signal on my phone be enough for this? especially i were to stream lossless ( 1411 KBPS)
      My guess is that once the iOS device is connected to the DSP via wifi, the device will then not be able to connect to the hotspot simultaneously. It would be one or the other.
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

So if once my DSP settings are done ( i assume then i wont need to fidget around the DSP)
      Nope, once your settings are finalised to the DSP, then you don't have to touch it again.

I would then be able to run TIDAL or any media on my phone/iPAD and sync to DSP
      I am not too sure if you can run TIDAL? Are you allowed to download the music from TIDAL onto your phone or is it only streaming from their site? If the media is on the device, then it will work. The Android/IOS app will open a Media Player where all your songs need to be listed on your device. And you can stream them via Wi-Fi using the app.

Alternatively the manual also says that on IOS devices it can play via Apple Airplay. But since I don't have a iPad/iPhone I can't really comment on the same. If your TIDAL has an Airplay button on it, then you should be able to stream.

And like karanbhatia said, once you are connected to Wi-Fi your Mobile Network (3G/Edge) will be disabled like it happens in all other cases.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Awesome

Thumbs up Interested to buy for my BMW 530d

Hello,

this looks interesting as i see it support MOST input with my car gives. Do i need any additional module to use MOST ? and Where can i buy and whats the latest price for this unit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information