• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Introducing: Vector 6.5" Mid-Bass - SQ that has to be heard to be believed..

Audio Banned

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mpasanthosh View Post
      I also managed to do a WinISD simulation, the Vectors midbass have an F3 of roughly around 65HZ.
      Sanotsh F3 is not a fixed parameter and will vary on the Vb for a ported enclosure and for sealed enclosures it is the value measured for a QTC of 0.707 which is considered to give the flattest response. The higher the QTC, the higher will be the F3. In car the cabin gain will also have to be taken into account, especially when designing the sub enclosure.
      Regarding mid bass which is mounted on doors, we will have to consider it as an infinite baffle design and due to vagaries in shape unlike a proper sealed box, it is technically better to use drivers with qts above 0.7 which will be super rare in raw drivers.
      So when you use raw drivers with lower QTC, then it is very important to properly damp the doors, and arrest any leakages to get the equivalent of a sealed enclosure, or else the QTS/F3 will be high and the mid bas will start to roll off a much higher frequency than its ability with a sharp slope leading to degrade in performance.
      So the QTS will essentially vary for each car, not only by its door design, but also by the extent of damping and sealing done. Some enthusiast also build completely sealed enclosures for mid bass in doors. In US and other places they use kick panels which has other design benefits as well.
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Ref. MX cables, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 4-channel amps, Dayton Reference 7 inch midbass, Dayton 4 inch reference midrange and Dayton AMT Tweeters, Infinity Kappa 10 inch subwoofer
      Home Audio, 3-way active - Dune Media Player, Parasound DAC, Behringer 32-band equalizer, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, Dayton Audio 3-way tower speakers.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hi from Indonesia!

I just installed this midbass in my 2008 Honda Jazz and it's amazing, especially the bass. I'm pairing this midbass with Rockford Fosgate 301x and it's sound well. By the way I want to pair this midbass with a fullrange (currently i'm pairing this with my old tweeter and passive from alpine), I want to ask, which fullrange can match with this midbass? I was looking for AP Ram3, is it match the sound?
      Thanks

Nostalgia isn’t what it
      used to be

Hungry

Tagging the man piyush7243.

Audio Banned

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by aldittodi View Post
      I want to ask, which fullrange can match with this midbass? I was looking for AP Ram3, is it match the sound?
      If you like lush mids with body in vocals (my taste), go for a wideband midrange (as you can cross it much lower), else go for a tweeter that can play a little low....

by the way are you using a DSP or what are the possible crossover points on your processor
      ICE, 4-way active - Eclipse CD7200mkii Head Unit, Ref. MX cables, Kenwood KOS-300, Two Pioneer GM-X944 4-channel amps, Dayton Reference 7 inch midbass, Dayton 4 inch reference midrange and Dayton AMT Tweeters, Infinity Kappa 10 inch subwoofer
      Home Audio, 3-way active - Dune Media Player, Parasound DAC, Behringer 32-band equalizer, DBX 3-way analogue crossover, Dayton Audio 3-way tower speakers.

Vaani Acoustics

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by aldittodi View Post
      Hi from Indonesia!

I just installed this midbass in my 2008 Honda Jazz and it's amazing, especially the bass. I'm pairing this midbass with Rockford Fosgate 301x and it's sound welI want to ask, which fullrange can match with this midbass? I was looking for AP Ram3, is it match the sound?
      Thanks
      Thanks for using vectors. You can use old or new Ram3,nz3albe or ram2 for 2 inch usage.

Ram3 will match the sound.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
      Pioneer P99RS | Sinfoni Amplitude 120.4X | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundstream D200 | DLS A6 | Hiqphon OW II | Exodus Anarchy | AP RAM 3 | JBL GTi 12 Mkii| Polycab 1 gauge:) | Street Wires ZN9 RCA's

Something new is Coming!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information