• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Vector 6.5" Mid-Bass - SQ that has to be heard to be believed..

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by matbhuvi View Post
      Congratulations Piyush. The mid bass do look beautiful. Fs of 47Hz is drool worthy. The frequency response graph looks kick ass. What is the power rating? Overall, looks like a definite winner for me.
      The efficiency is quite high. We have rated it at 75w hence should be able to pound with low power amps as well.
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Designed by Indians, Manufactured in China, appears to be a good combo.
      Rishi's roots are also Indian, something that most people don't know. I believe that's the reason most of his drivers seem derivatives of Indian names, a mid-bass was coined Arian (Aryan in Sanskrit), the pretty popular wide-bander is coined RAM3 (we believe it's coined after Lord Raam).

Infact, the parts are "assembled" in PRC. The Cone is made in Germany. The voice coil in Denmark. A few more parts coming from other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      Is it not possible to manufacture it in India ?
      Possible! In fact, Peerless makes some brilliant drivers for a company called Illusion Audio. Sadly, Illusion is no longer available in India though they are made in India. There are a few other build houses that do quality work, but it's impossible to convince them to do a brand in small(ish) quantities.

The same is not an issue in PRC. Here, there are 1000s of build houses, where some of the best brands in the world outsource their work to. They are easier to deal with, they follow time lines (something I think we Indian's aren't that good at), they follow your instructions to the T, QC is also better. We would love to get these drivers made in India in the foreseeable future. But for now given the logistics, the ease of operation because we already have other drivers being assembled in PRC, it was our first choice!

Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
      PS: Thanks Uncle Rahul for the tips on taking better pics of the equipment
      You are a quick learner Karan, keep up the good work. Those pics look almost like I took them myself

Quote Originally Posted by matbhuvi View Post
      What is the power rating?
      Around 70W should get these things moving quite well. We've tested them with upto 100W each side and the more power you give them, the better they get.

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      **Sigh!** would have loved to hear them!
      Thanks Sujit. Let me know if you know anyone flying down to Camel land. I can send a pair to you so that you can be the best judge of how these drivers are.

I like slap - I like thrum (not the sub variety) I like attack. How about a few adjectives about the sound signature boys?
      While we would not like to beat our own trumpet, I would like to quote a small review posted by bamaboy when he was in Bangalore a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      Monday Noon, Piyush and Rahuul again picked me from the Hotel. Piyush just landed in India from a 5 day US trip. He brought some nice goodies along with him from the US.

We headed to Anwar's place. Got a chance to listen to his Honda City ICE. Alpine Ring Radiators, Audible Physics AR3 midrange and Vani Accoustics midbass.

The SQ was detailed, airy and the stage was all around you. AR3A sounded slightly clinical though, but again the drivers were,'t broken in completely so I know how they'll open up after proper burn in(experience with RAM3s). Amp was GZ Plutonium Reference. The setup was powerful and bass was quite upfront however had small issues like door pads jarring due thumping midbass. And then, there was the catch when Piyush told me that there was no Subwoofer running. I was like wtf and couldn't believe.

Yes, the sub was disconnected and Midbass were crossed at 50hz at -24db slope. They were thumping hard without no fatigue or distortion. This secret midbass was kickass and the low end is much better than HAT L6 or L6SE that I used. We also tried two way with 4khz cross on the midbass paired with Alpine tweets. Not bad but not good as HAT L6SE. Piyush did told me that this Midbass is designed keeping three way or with wideband midrange in mind. Can be used in two way till 4khz. I was immediately sold and ordered a set from him which will replace HAT L6v1 in the i20.

Later, Niyaz replaced the GZ with a special small powerhouse that Piyush brought from the US. That little thing sounds more cleaner than the GZ amp and packs 180x4 WRMS. Although its more clinical and l personally felt the sound should be more warm. Can be fixed with EQ.

Sadly I didn't got a chance to audition the mighty JBL W12GTI in IB. The mono was disconnected. The install and the amp rack was beautiful!

Later that evening, I and Piyush got into the same train for the journey back.
      Soon, karanbhatia, vikas pathak, bamaboy, Aditya Nakra will be posting their detailed impressions as well. That will give everyone a better understanding of these drivers I believe.
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Jimmies rustled

Awesome

drool stuff, was planning on upgrading to this and the ram3 .

Multitasking = Screwing up
      several things at once!

Awesome

Congrats piyush7243 & mclaren1885 and Harmonixx Car Audio best wishes!

I think i have audition beta version in your [piyush] Car. which was running without sub on that time.
      if am correct it was running with Vector!
      TVS APACHE RTR 180 Black (2011) | Ford Figo Titanium 1.2 Diamond White (2014) - ICE'd by Harmonixx Audio Inc - DEH-80PRS | Zapco ST-1KDM | AP RAM3 | Helix H236 | Helix B4 Amp | Gladen RS-12 | AIV 4AWG | Damped with Dampmat. Installed by Top Gear Custom-Fit.

Angry OLD man...!
      Diesel'd O_o

Secret

Wow!

That is awesome news.

All the best Piyush / Rahul.
      Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later

1997 - Yamaha RxZ
      2003 - 2003 OHC vtec (AKA The Boat) - Blackworked ;) - Sold
      2012 - Schwinn Frontier Elite
      2012 - KTM Duke 200
      2016 - Honda City VX(o) BL - Diesel (AKA Diesel Boat)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by venki7744 View Post
      Slightly OT, I know Aiwa and Peerless (they are OEM for Illussion Audio ) still manufactures in India. Not sure about others.
      Companies like Illusion also dont sell the stuff in India due to limited capability to manufacture products under a lower price range.

We are good doing consulting work but i have searched a bit and found no one to assemble the final product in India with Fit and Finish required.

Peerless do manufacture products but the quality leaves a lot to be desired of what all is sold in India.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev1984 View Post
      Congrats piyush7243 & mclaren1885 and Harmonixx Car Audio best wishes!

I think i have audition beta version in your [piyush] Car. which was running without sub on that time.
      if am correct it was running with Vector!
      Yes bro that was Vector but some changes were made after that hence it should be better now.
      Last edited by piyush7243; 31st Mar 2015 at 20:23.
      Clarion NX-706| Biketronics BT4180 | Sinfoni Allegro | Soundigital 1200.1 | Audible Physics Brahma6W | Audible Physics NZ3AlBe | Morel Ultimo | Klotz 12ga LY225t| Mogami RCA| Pure Silver RCA

ICE Apprentice
      Walter White of ICE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by piyush7243 View Post
      We have rated it at 75w hence should be able to pound with low power amps as well.
      Is the warranty entertained if I put 500w each side of course with proper gains

60Hz @24dB to 400Hz @ 24dB
      It's the best way to dump money and spend an inordinate amount of time...because all debts are paid when the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up and goosebumps cover your arms, because the sound is SO good. - Scott Buwalda

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Congrats guys and all the very best. Looking forward to more

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      if you know anyone flying down to Camel land.
      I'll be going this summer. But no promises on it reaching KB's hands
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by piyush7243 View Post
      The efficiency is quite high.
      What is the efficiency figure for the Vectors? When is the rest of the components getting ready? (mids+tweets)
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Awesome

What is the efficiency figure for the Vectors? When is the rest of the components getting ready? (mids+tweets)
      The efficiency figure is 91.7db 2.83V . Its mentioned as SPLo on first page as well.

Edited.. Second question answered in detail by mclaren1885
      Last edited by piyush7243; 31st Mar 2015 at 22:45.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information