Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Glare films for windshield

not aware that he can set his status here!

Anti-Glare films for windshield

Now a days I am unable to take the glare from any kind of vehicle which are on high beam. So wanted to check with any of you guys about the anti-glare films for windshield.
    My interest is only in reducing the glare as much as possible without affecting the visibility.
    Cooling, UV rejection and others are of not much importance to me.
    I did do some search most of them talk more about "cooling", which i am not looking at.

On the lookout for more 4
    wheel victims.

Did you try talking to vkool? Me thinks you will need a polarizing film. Not even sure that it exists!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Support Donkey
    Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
    just 1 extra second of false
    hope :p

Unfortunately, most of these windshield films do a very good job at making the car look cool from outside. Help to a certain extent in keeping the interiors cool.

The biggest disadvantage is that they hamper visibility while driving at night. And to a great extent if I may add. Shyam has a film on his front windshield. Its ok as long as you are driving slow, but once you increase speeds the visibility is soon impaired at night. I have driven countless number of cars belonging to friends and I haven't come across one film that is a good trade off. One reason, why I don't put any on my own cars front windshields, though I do prefer dark tints on my car for the rest of the windows.

However, what I would suggest is pick up some anti-glare spectacles that do the job as good, if not better. Should cost you around the same, my last two spectacles with anti-glare and lot of other "cool sounding" stuff cost me in excess of 4k INR. Essilor has anti glare, anti reflective lenses. I found them very handy at night when I drive.
    2002 Tata Indica DLS.
    2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
    2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
    2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
    2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
    Harmonixx Audio Inc - Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Digital Designs/Audible Physics/Helix/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat and more.

Global Moderator
    Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

what??????? 4K..Yappa....
    Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Thanks Tadu&Mc.
    Will check out few Anti-glare glasses and would update here if i buy one

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
    what??????? 4K..Yappa....
    Indica Xeta 1.4L
    RE Machismo 350
    Sold : Bajaj Pulsar 150

VTAK Baba

smart choice Pubz. polarizing glasses are the way to go. I had once read a story as a kid. a king went for a walk one day. he came back with dirt on his feet. he got real ****ed and announced a huge reward for anybody who could carpet the whole kingdom against dirt. lots of people tried in their greed and failed. finally one smart chap came to the king and covered his feet with leather. problem solved. thats how the first shoes were supposed to have been born.

after personally having gone through 3 sets of the highest performance film available, what Ive observed is that they cannot cut heat out for shit. even if you paint all glass on your car black, heat will still be radiated inside by the metal body. a couple of hours out in the sun will defeat even the darkest window film. what these films do pretty nicely however is block out UV radiation. the UV difference with and without film makes itself very obvious by a prickly burning sensation on your skin. so unless somebody wants to use their car as a portable love shack, there is NO point in going for dark film. it not only dangerously impedes night time visibility but also hampers the ability for a person behind you to judge his overtaking move.
    the ideal film is one that offers maximum UV rejection, maximum visibility and maximum IR rejection in that order.
    Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
    Centipede coming through...
    ...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    .╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝

@mclaren1885 ate the rest.

You may continue.

i have this anti glare spectacles or what ever crap it is. its a reebok one and costed me 4999INR . but i don't see any difference between this so called anti glare crap and the ones which i took on the road side for 250 bucks.

Is the light from headlight polarized? I don't think so (http://www.polarization.com/land/land.html). Hence the polarizing glasses won't help. Just anti glare/anti reflective glasses should be enough.
    PS: I am not able to find any polarized glasses which are non-tinted. So not able to test the effect or lack of it.

VTAK Baba

Jaguar, they were trying to polarize light at the source instead of the windshield by adding a polarizing layer. polarizing glasses put the same layer in front of your eyes - the destination - and filter out all light waves outside a certain orientation. so they *do* help. check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarizer
    they used to sell riding goggles when I was little. used to look like scuba diving visors. many of them were polarized and quite helpful. I remember marveling at my dad's goggles - and eventually breaking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by karanbhatia View Post
    Centipede coming through...
    ...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    .╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝
    ╚═(███)═╝

@mclaren1885 ate the rest.

You may continue.