• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: MORIMOTO INDIA

Searcing new Destinations...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by vineeth View Post
      where did you source morimoto in bangalore ? Please guide me to him..looking for morimoto 55 watts 4300K for tucson low beams.
      Check this out:
      The Automotive Lighting Experts

Name is Anton, reachable at 7337777444
      You can speak to him, quoted 31k for the complete set (5k if you need only the bulbs)
      You may get better quote, depending on your requirements.
      www.cns.co.in

Allergic to Morons and
      Retards..

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cityinnova View Post
      Name is Anton, reachable at 7337777444
      I did spoke to him and but he didn't have the 4300 bulbs and he suggested some other brand and ended up buying it ( output is definitly good, but I don't like white light ),waiting for the 4300k bulbs said he would get soon.
      Maruti Wagon R | Hyundai Verna | Volkswagen Vento

Searcing new Destinations...

Awesome

www.cns.co.in

Ride or Die
      ♠♠♠

Hungry

Hi Guys,

I have a Ford Fiesta classic in which I have aftermarket custom dual projector headlights installed from MXS motorsports. Lately I have not been satisfied with the light output as it's been 3+ years. One of the bulbs gave me trouble too since it sometimes don't turn on at once, but works if turned headlights on/off few times. I am not an expert on car lighting & retrofitting, hence didn't even know which lights to replace the HID bulb with, & also suspected the ballast to have gone bad. I sourced a pair of Osram H4 HID kit from a friend who bought it but didn't use it. That's when I discovered that aftermarket light has P8 bulbs installed in it, and the Osram bulbs were not fitting in shroud. The local retrofitting guy hooked them up in headlight and supported the bulbs with rubber lid to keep them in place. I was under an impression that light output will get much better but am disappointed since I can not feel any difference. The light output is mediocre, less than average.

I still have stock headlights and considering going for retrofitting in stock headlights. I have few queries:

1. Can Morimoto D2S 4.0 be fitted in the stock headlight after the required cutting & adjustment? I care about the end result to be perfect which any experienced retrofitting guy will be able to achieve. I am planning to source from US as someone is coming over around Christmas.

2. I had dual projector setup till now. But if I were to go for custom setup with best results as requirement, then shall I go for single pair projector setup, instead of quad projector setup, which may not be possible due to size, etc. (I may be wrong too)

3. What other things will be needed, which I may order alongwith projectors, like Morimoto D2S bulb 5500K, Morimoto 55 watts Ballast, Etc.

4. Will Morimoto D2S 4.0 be the right choice for Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCI headlights? Will one single light work for both low & high beam, if I install a splitter along.

5. How much will be the price variation, in Indian price & US price? Will it be worth it to bring it in from US?

6. Will Osram ballasts work fine with D2S bulbs? If yes then maybe I can use those, since they are new.

Please respond sooner than later since I gotta make a decision & place an order within 24-48 hours.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
      Regards,
      Saral

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy cars
      And that's kind of the same thing"

LIVE to DRIVE

Awesome

Most of the after market projectors are based either on H1 or D2S bulb types. So H4 type won't fit into them.

Please find my suggestions below to your queries.

1. Can Morimoto D2S 4.0 be fitted in the stock headlight after the required cutting & adjustment? I care about the end result to be perfect which any experienced retrofitting guy will be able to achieve. I am planning to source from US as someone is coming over around Christmas.

D2S 4.0 can be fitted into your headlights. If you source from US claiming warranty will be an issue. You can contact Morimoto India based in Delhi and get the same product with warranty.

But if you want to source only from US get the newly released D2S 5.0.

2. I had dual projector setup till now. But if I were to go for custom setup with best results as requirement, then shall I go for single pair projector setup, instead of quad projector setup, which may not be possible due to size, etc. (I may be wrong too)

1 pair of D2S 4.0 with 55W ballast should be good enough but if you want dual setup, go for D2S 4.0 in low beam reflector and H1 7.0 in high beam reflector.

3. What other things will be needed, which I may order alongwith projectors, like Morimoto D2S bulb 5500K, Morimoto 50 watts Ballast, Etc.

Projector, ballasts, bulbs, wiring harness will come as a kit or you can buy them separately.

4. Will Morimoto D2S 4.0 be the right choice for Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCI headlights? Will one single light work for both low & high beam, if I install a splitter along.

D2S 4.0 is a good choice for any headlight and is also a bixenon projector which means it has both low and high beams.

5. How much will be the price variation, in Indian price & US price? Will it be worth it to bring it in from US?

Price from Morimoto India may be higher compared to US because of the import duty and taxes. But check with them.

If you buy from US you may get some Christmas festive discounts and you also can buy the newly released D2S 5.0 instead of the 4.0. But claiming warranty will be an issue as you need you send the product to US for any claims. D2S 4.0 or 5.0 comes with 2 year warranty if you use 50W ballasts and 3 years warranty if you use 35W ballasts.

6. Will Osram ballasts work fine with D2S bulbs? If yes then maybe I can use those, since they are new.

Ballasts are common and can be interchanged. But Osram has only 35W ballasts and also they are not weather proof. With Morimoto you get an option of 50W and their ballasts are weather proof.

Hope this info will help you make a decision.

Sent using Tapatalk

Ride or Die
      ♠♠♠

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bakumar View Post
      Most of the after market projectors are based either on H1 or D2S bulb types. So H4 type won't fit into them.

Please find my suggestions below to your queries.

D2S 4.0 can be fitted into your headlights. If you source from US claiming warranty will be an issue. You can contact Morimoto India based in Delhi and get the same product with warranty.

But if you want to source only from US get the newly released D2S 5.0.

1 pair of D2S 4.0 with 55W ballast should be good enough but if you want dual setup, go for D2S 4.0 in low beam reflector and H1 7.0 in high beam reflector.

3. What other things will be needed, which I may order alongwith projectors, like Morimoto D2S bulb 5500K, Morimoto 50 watts Ballast, Etc.

Projector, ballasts, bulbs, wiring harness will come as a kit or you can buy them separately.

D2S 4.0 is a good choice for any headlight and is also a bixenon projector which means it has both low and high beams.

Price from Morimoto India may be higher compared to US because of the import duty and taxes. But check with them.

If you buy from US you may get some Christmas festive discounts and you also can buy the newly released D2S 5.0 instead of the 4.0. But claiming warranty will be an issue as you need you send the product to US for any claims. D2S 4.0 or 5.0 comes with 2 year warranty if you use 50W ballasts and 3 years warranty if you use 35W ballasts.

Ballasts are common and can be interchanged. But Osram has only 35W ballasts and also they are not weather proof. With Morimoto you get an option of 50W and their ballasts are weather proof.

Hope this info will help you make a decision.

Sent using Tapatalk
      Thanks for your apt response!

I am getting D2S 5.0 for $170 at Morimoto website, I already have 4 ballasts in my car, 2 spare ballasts too since I replaced them with Osram ballasts. The lights aren't as good, & aftermarket light must be having cheap chinese projectors installed in it. Hence I am planning to go for better projectors, and if old ballasts will work the same & won't affect the light output, then it makes sense to get Morimoto D2S bulbs, & other basic parts which will be required to retrofit the projectors into stock headlight.

I may install D2S 5.0 in high beam slot, while I can keep the ones installed in low beam slot the way they are. The thing is that these default projectors in aftermarket headlight do not support D2S or any other HID bulbs except P8, which do not have good output anyway. They look good as an audience, but don't do the job the way they are supposed to and aren't confidence inspiring during night drive.

Warranty may not be as big of an issue. I wonder how many people may actually be availing warranty for their projectors. Moreover, saving the bucks I will be saving, I will rather take my chances.

Will 4500k be a better bulb/light choice or 5500k. I don't want yellow light for sure, but with my experience so far, pure white doesn't even feel like it's there amidst traffic as yellow lights overpower it.

PS: there is cutting, etc involved, and some metal parts needed to make fitting appropriate in the stock headlight. What are those parts btw?

Thanks once again!

Regards,
      Saral

"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy cars
      And that's kind of the same thing"

LIVE to DRIVE

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Saral Srivastava View Post
      Thanks for your apt response!

I am getting D2S 5.0 for $170 at Morimoto website, I already have 4 ballasts in my car, 2 spare ballasts too since I replaced them with Osram ballasts. The lights aren't as good, & aftermarket light must be having cheap chinese projectors installed in it. Hence I am planning to go for better projectors, and if old ballasts will work the same & won't affect the light output, then it makes sense to get Morimoto D2S bulbs, & other basic parts which will be required to retrofit the projectors into stock headlight.

I may install D2S 5.0 in high beam slot, while I can keep the ones installed in low beam slot the way they are. The thing is that these default projectors in aftermarket headlight do not support D2S or any other HID bulbs except P8, which do not have good output anyway. They look good as an audience, but don't do the job the way they are supposed to and aren't confidence inspiring during night drive.

Warranty may not be as big of an issue. I wonder how many people may actually be availing warranty for their projectors. Moreover, saving the bucks I will be saving, I will rather take my chances.

Will 4500k be a better bulb/light choice or 5500k. I don't want yellow light for sure, but with my experience so far, pure white doesn't even feel like it's there amidst traffic as yellow lights overpower it.

PS: there is cutting, etc involved, and some metal parts needed to make fitting appropriate in the stock headlight. What are those parts btw?

Thanks once again!

The light output of your cheap Chinese projectors is bad not just because the bulbs are bad but the reflector inside the projector is also equally bad. In most cases with the cheap projectors, the reflector gets burnt out within a few months of using a HID bulb. And P8 is the brand name of the bulb and not the bulb type.

Mini D2S 5.0 or 4.0 is a 3 inch projector and maybe too big to install in the high beam reflector. It'll be best to install it in the low beam projector after removing the current Chinese ones.

If you want to install projectors in high beam reflector also you may want consider using Mini H1 7.0 which is 2.5 inch projector using H1 bulbs from Morimoto.

In my Honda Civic I did a quad projector setup using D2S 4.0 in low beam reflector and Mini H1 7.0 in high beam reflector.

If you want to use 35W ballasts then go for the 4500K bulbs and for 50W ballasts you can go 5500K bulbs.

Sent using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information