• Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting the Cheetah!

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      I do not own one,
      You planning to get one? These seem very useful I guess!

No Commerce, Just Fun
      New Year 2017

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      You planning to get one?
      I have a tyre puncture shop just outside my apartment complex. in last 6 years, my car had approx 6 punctures + 1 torn tyre so far. twice there was a puncture shop close by. 4 occasions i have driven couple of KMs and found a repair shop. Only once i had to replace the wheel with the spare wheel, that was when tyre got torn.

I have no plans to buy one unless i buy a SUV where tyre replacement is effortful . Many of my SUV owning friends have this air pump along with foot operated hydraulic jack. I do not know how many times they have used these tools.
      Last edited by Nomad; 16th May 2015 at 22:26.

Gears in head!!!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      I went to the Showroom again. Its hardly 2-3 kms from my house. It was morning around 10:30am and the sales rep wasn't in as yet.

Me and my wife went to first floor and started checking the vehicle. I sat in the drivers seat and got the time to assess things. Few impressions:

1. The steering wheel was obstructing my knee and I needed to adjust the seat for it to work for me. Couldn't do it there as I didn't know about height adjuster lever.
      2. The instrument console is not integrated with dash and looks as if its affixed on top of dash. Doesn't give durability feeling.
      3. Gear lever is hard. And I heard a noise in the gear box everytime I changed the gears. It seemed like gear is getting changed mechanically and not electrically. This noise was very irritating - I hope its not there in a running car. Ignition was off BTW.
      4. Seat recline is going to take some time getting used to. Not that easy.

Since sales rep wasn't there, I couldn't do TD. I wanted to feel the engine and the car. May be some other time. I also need to get my car valued.

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

Cant wait for your buying experience. Its a very good choice. I would stay stick with W4.

Most of the additional features can be given a miss. While they will sure be handy but should not be a deal maker.

If you are looking to go for the higher up models, i would suggest you to get the W8 AWD and nothing in between.

Look for deals on old models after the launch of the new one. I am sure MM would want to clear some old stocks out.

There would be huge difference in the way it drives(Compared to your eon) and you may feel inconvenient or worried in the first few drives. However do not worry too much about them, as it will grow on you (in a good way).

You should meet up with Lvramanan and probably get to understand the vehicle better. I think you both live close by.

I hate SUV's, most of them. I have found the XUV to be something that has changed my impressions towards an SUV.

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      3. Gear lever is hard. And I heard a noise in the gear box everytime I changed the gears. It seemed like gear is getting changed mechanically and not electrically. This noise was very irritating - I hope its not there in a running car. Ignition was off BTW.
      Never do this on an engine that is not ticking over - you will damage the synchro rings. Always attempt gear changes only on a running engine.
      Last edited by kb100; 27th May 2015 at 02:33.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

rksingh1, welcome to the XUV club ! I've already seen you're sold to the vehicle I believe you've listened to your heart Good choice.

1. The steering wheel was obstructing my knee and I needed to adjust the seat for it to work for me. Couldn't do it there as I didn't know about height adjuster lever.
      XUV has both tilt & telescopic steering. You can adjust the steering pretty much in any flexible angle & height as you wish. Seat Height adjustment lever will be on the right side of driver seat. There will be two levers. One at the bottom is for pushback & one at the top is for height adjustment.

Let me know the next time you go to Zulaikha when you're talking for a deal. I'll accompany you & we'll work out on some deal.

Can't change the music system.
      Audio System can be easily upgraded. Atleast in W4 its not as much as complicated as on a W8 model. So don't worry on that part. To give you even more confidence i've upgraded my audio system on my W8. Call me a maniac to do that but just to give you an idea anything is possible. Even Metalspree has added a separate head unit to his W8 long back.

Tonnes of features gone from base model.
      Honestly they've removed most of the bling lights & luxury electronics retaining the important ABS with EBD, 2 Airbags for front & All wheel disc brakes. None of the competitors has this in their base model. Should honestly appreciate Mahindra for giving importance to safety features than bling features !
      Last edited by Lvramanan; 18th May 2015 at 08:00.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Maruti Swift 1.3L VXi [SOLD]
      Maruti 800 Std [SOLD]
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio
      HH Splendour NXG [SOLD]
      Yamaha RX100 [SOLD]

Gears in head!!!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      Cant wait for your buying experience.
      You mush be wondering if the pre-buying experience is this long, whats going to happen on ownership report. lol

Look for deals on old models after the launch of the new one.
      Thats exactly what my plan is. Let the face lift come and then we'll have a true picture of "how-much" in terms of money for this car!!
      There would be huge difference in the way it drives(Compared to your eon) and you may feel inconvenient or worried in the first few drives.
      You know what - I am scared to do a TD even.

Not sure how am I going to manage to drive that big car. Small cars are very handy in Chennai city traffic - you can zip past small road / lanes, easy to maneuver, you don't worry about scratches and small hits. With the truck, I am going to have a whole new driving experience.

You should meet up with Lvramanan and probably get to understand the vehicle better. I think you both live close by.
      Lvramanan is getting trouble for sure. Its just matter of time! We used to stay close by - now I shifted to Velachery.

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      Never do this on an engine that is not ticking over - you will damage the synchro gear.
      You know, it felt wrong while doing it - but I was just testing my hand reach and feel of gear change. Then I heard that irritating sound. While I understand I shouldn't have done that, the noise certainly was disappointing to hear. Hope its not there in final version that I get. I am convinced that the car on display should be 3 yr old 1st gen car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      I've already seen you're sold to the vehicle I believe you've listened to your heart Good choice.
      I did tell you earlier on how nice Ertiga with its practicality is. I still think its a very practical meant to do the job vehicle. But whats the point in having a car which doesn't excite you to drive.

I had once fallen in love with Civic when that car was launched. That double dashboard looked amazing. I simply adored that car. Of-course I couldn't afford it back then. But Honda had other thoughts and they stopped it. I wouldn't have bought it anyway as it isn't big enough. After that initial love, XUV happens to be the next car ruling my heart. One look at the car and it refreshes me. I am so much attached that I am looking for miniature of this car to put in on my work-desk. Where do I find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Audio System can be easily upgraded. Atleast in W4 its not as much as complicated as on a W8 model. So don't worry on that part.
      Venkat, I am seriously looking for this. Not immediately, but its definitely in my list of mods. Do you have a link or any write up on this where I can find people doing it? Will it be from Mahindra or after market? Would it mean to forget about warranty?

And you are right - the base model is not basic by any means. It does the job very well and with HU upgrade, I doubt I am going to miss much.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Where do I find it?
      We're here to spoil you In a good way Here you go for the merchandise link Would Cost you 225 bucks. Available colors White / Red / Black.

Venkat, I am seriously looking for this. Not immediately, but its definitely in my list of mods. Do you have a link or any write up on this where I can find people doing it? Will it be from Mahindra or after market? Would it mean to forget about warranty?
      Audio upgrade should be the easiest & if properly done nothing to worry on the warranty front. Of course after market only. There are much better options in after market than the company provided ones. We'll talk discuss about that.

Lvramanan is getting trouble for sure.
      Anytime Pal ! I'm here to help

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Maruti Swift 1.3L VXi [SOLD]
      Maruti 800 Std [SOLD]
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio
      HH Splendour NXG [SOLD]
      Yamaha RX100 [SOLD]

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Did you check out the Duster 4WD? Not sure what the OTR price for that is, but I keep hearing it's quite a capable vehicle for those off-beat trips as well. If one is getting a SUV I suggest please go ahed and get a 4x4, preferably with a low ratio gearbox so that you can really enjoy this beautiful country by going to some places that are impossible to do in a car.

Can't change the music system.
      Don't worry about that, you can do anything in the XUV500. Take a look at the recent instal we did where we changed the whole system without an issue.

Harmonixx Audio Inc: MM XUV500 ICE'd - Pioneer | Audible Physics | Helix | Hertz | AIV | Dampmat |
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

Gears in head!!!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Did you check out the Duster 4WD?
      Sorry man, my needs are to get an SUV looking MUV...need space to be able to carry 7 people in need. Duster and Terrano were never considered.

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Don't worry about that, you can do anything in the XUV500
      I saw your thread and you know what, I stopped worrying about it!! Thanks for sharing the link - there are some great mods there.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information