• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting the Cheetah!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

@rkshing1 fantastic choice go with your heat you'll never regret after that. Its a fantastic highway cruiser and can be easily manageable in city traffic as well. W4 is a very good VFM. You can always upgrade the music system, alloy wheels if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      There would be huge difference in the way it drives(Compared to your eon) and you may feel inconvenient or worried in the first few drives. However do not worry too much about them, as it will grow on you (in a good way).
      As WildWeasel says it will be a huge jump form a small car initially but once you get used to it you won't feel the bulkiness of the car it will be much more easier to drive than a small car. I am so comfortable driving my xiv than my Astar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      To give you even more confidence i've upgraded my audio system on my W8.
      When did this happened? sollave ills . Is there a build log available? Do you mind sharing the list of upgrade that went in? I am also planning to upgrade my audio system.

Aware that status can be set
      here! :P

Awesome

Hi RKSINGH,

First of all congratulations for your big leap in terms of segment. You are going to love the monster after upgrading from Eon.

Dont want to confuse you, just my tw cents price diffrence between W4 and W6 is just around 1.5 L. Try to see if you can manage to bridge that gap.

I know that you have already streached your budget, but if you can work with getting better discount on W6 and evaluate the feature diffrence I beleive W6 should be the choice.

Also if your are going for a loan of 8+ L adding 1.5 L will just add and EMI of 4-500 but will get more peace of mind.

Cheers !!

Max

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Raxx View Post
      When did this happened? sollave ills . Is there a build log available? Do you mind sharing the list of upgrade that went in? I am also planning to upgrade my audio system.
      Some final touch ups pending. Once done, build log will be ready. Until then patience A quick overview - 4 way active setup + DSP + 2 Amps gone in.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Some final touch ups pending. Once done, build log will be ready. Until then patience A quick overview - 4 way active setup + DSP + 2 Amps gone in.
      Wow super Ji... Can't wait to see and hear it.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days are here

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      I am absolutely sold on XUV looks
      Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      3 day and 23 hrs to go!! Gosh, I have never waited for a launch of a car more eagerly than this!
      Looks like everyone is fueling your desire to buy an XUV, some even push you to upgrade to higher variant.

Just for the heck of it, let me try and talk you out of buying an SUV and particularly XUV 500.

(A) Chennai Traffic Situation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traffic.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	207309

Will you be able to really drive amid all this ?, Is there any space left for a large SUV ?

(B) POLLUTION by SUVs

Refer this link, Fuel drinking diesel SUVs add more pollution to the air we breath.
      http://lobby.la.psu.edu/023_CAFE_Sta..._Pollution.htm
      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0823141003.htm

Name:  CO2_250.gif
Views: 141
Size:  15.4 KB

(C) How many instances you will need a 7 seat SUV ?

Most of the time (80%+) only one person is inside the vehicle, some instances family members are in the car (15-18%) and only handful of instances the car is packed with 7 members. For such few instances do you really want to lug around a 7 seat giant all the time ? Can't you rent vehicles for such occasions when 7 people need to travel together ?

(D) Cost of Financing, Ownership of a large luxury vehicle Vs small car or sedan

typically it will cost 2X the OTR price to own a vehicle over 5 years. Does one is really need such resource/cash intensive decreasing value asset, Will it be of real utility in terms of usage, and return on investment in terms of joy, up-lift into next economic class. Of-course it would need good, secure parking and periodic caring like washing, cleaning, detailing to keep it in the pink of the looks and health.

there could be more pointers, but as of now these 4 are enough ?

What do you say ?
      Last edited by Nomad; 21st May 2015 at 14:59.

Meeshakaran Madaiah

Awesome

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      What do you say ?
      Absolutely! The verdict is clear. He should not buy the XUV.

A few things that might be going through his mind as he reads what you wrote.

1) Things are already so bad out there in terms of congestion and pollution. Would me making a purchase really make a difference to the already bad situation!

2) All those who got wise did so after getting their share of the pie. Why in the world would I play pope and relinquish materialistic happiness over the longevity of the planet.

3) Secretly makes promises to himself that he would not take out and use the XUV in bad conditions and would reserve its use for pristine surroundings (he still hopes to find such places)

4) Salary would quadruple with time and the XUV becomes mincemeat to maintain.

5) Fantasises getting photographed on the bonnet and roof of the XUV and salivates at the prospect of those pics esp..one at Ladakh.

Last but not the least. I want to meet you Nomad ie whenever you are going to permit me to.
      Last edited by megazoid; 21st May 2015 at 15:44.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days are here

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      I want to meet you Nomad ie whenever you are going to permit me to.
      Should I hide now ?

Who am i to stop you from meeting me ?, unless you are going to beat me up Certainly we can meet, let me know
      Last edited by Nomad; 21st May 2015 at 16:08.

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

While both of you do make a lot of sense on why a SUV isn't such a good idea, I guess there are some fantasies and dreams some people have to drive and own one and that's perfectly okay.

I have a Cruze that's only driven by me. If I take it out there are at most 1 or 2 ppl in the car on most occasions.

It's a different thing that I don't drive my car in the cities anymore unless I am compelled to. I take a cab to and back form work, I take a cab to go our partying with friends. I take a cab practically everywhere.

Only when I need to travel out of town do I use my car. That too plan drives meticulously, good roads, off-peak hours so that you don't get stranded in bumper to bumper traffic etc.

Driving in our cities these days is just downright depressing and torturous. As long as one knows what he's getting into and is okay to suffer, I guess it's okay to buy anything that makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
      Last but not the least. I want to meet you Nomad ie whenever you are going to permit me to.
      Eeerrr, I think I forgot to mention this to you earlier. Recently Nomad and I met and had a lovely chat over lunch!

Nomad, looks like your fan club is increasing. Soon you'll be getting more meet offers I can see

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      unless you are going to beat me up
      Well, he will just put you in his car, go sideways even in straights, sing Bengali songs even though he doesn't understand the language and tell you how the Polo is the prettiest car in the whole wide world and won't leave you until you sing praises of his vehicle and tell him how horrible city life is nowadays and how retiring in a quaint village is the right thing to do for him

Wait, all this is IF you two get past the first speed breaker in his lowered, ground hugging Polo
      2002 Tata Indica DLS.
      2004 Suzuki Zen - A G13B eater.
      2005 Suzuki Baleno - India's fastest Naturally Aspirated Baleno timed on a drag strip officially!
      2008 Suzuki Swift VDi - The Rattle King.
      2011 Chevrolet Cruze - A monster in the making.
      2016 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium - The SQ Machine in the making.
      2017 Skoda Octavia VRS - Corner craving TC'd Petrol.
      2014 MOC SQ Pro Champions.
      Harmonixx Audio Inc - Importers for Audiofrog & Zapco.
      Dealers for Rainbow/Mosconi/Dynaudio/Micro Precision/Audible Physics/AIV/Morel/Flux/PHD/Gladen/Focal/Rockford Fosgate/Dampmat/E4 Damping and more.

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rainy Days are here

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Well, he will just put you in his car,
      That appears okay

go sideways even in straights
      Untill it is on a drag track, i am okay, on road it would be scary for me

sing Bengali songs even though he doesn't understand the language
      I too do not understand Bengali, nor able to sing, so can not find fault with him, worst case i have to tolerate him.

tell you how the Polo is the prettiest car in the whole wide world
      I would agree with him.

won't leave you until you sing praises of his vehicle
      I will save him all the efforts, i will say praises upfront. thanks for the tip.

tell him how horrible city life is nowadays
      I have kathas from 3 metro cities viz Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore and probably another two dozen abroad.

how retiring in a quaint village is the right thing to do for him
      i am also planning the same. we can share our plans with each other.

Wait, all this is IF you two get past the first speed breaker in his lowered, ground hugging Polo
      you are telling this to a person who is driving a car (since 6 years) which has industry's leading record holder for lowest ground clearance, in a city filled with pot holes, unfinished roads and speed breakers.

PS: rksingh1, we will move out all these chit chat posts out in a while.
      Last edited by Nomad; 21st May 2015 at 18:33.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a vitamin dose

Awesome

Blog Entries
      That's OK Nomad. These all go into learning for me. Great conversation - carry on boys.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information