• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: callmechandans Figo

2014 Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium

Awesome

callmechandans Figo

Guys,

Since last few days, the left side fog lamp has stopped glowing. I have not checked it with any mechanic as of now. Thinking to go to my friend's garage who deals most with Indigo etc. Can he help ? Even the fog lamp outer glass cover is cracked a bit though not fully broken.

- Any reason behind the malfunction to your guess ?

- Assume that the lamp is damaged, what should be the next step ?

- Figo's original fog lamp costs Rs 3113 a pair @ Ford Figo Exterior Accessories - Ford Figo | Ford India. Should I chose this costly option ?

- Got a mail from Ford India that they are offering 35% discount on all accessories on Figo/classic till 30th June. This might reduce the cost to a bit.

- How about the Hella fog lamps Hella fog lamps for ford figo - set of 2 with wiring | Left Lane Shop

Thx in advance !

Awesome

Spare remote for Ford Figo

Guys,

Have anyone come across this @ Ford Figo, Fiesta Fusion Spare Remote | Flip Keys

I have heard hat the original remote costs a lot (approx 15000) if missed or lost. Should not this be a good option to have one handy ?

Moreover, is there any option to change the battery of the remote if it goes down after few years ? i20 etc comes with two remotes, but Figo comes with only one.

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Secret

If it works as said, it's a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by callmechandan View Post
      I have heard hat the original remote costs a lot (approx 15000) if missed or lost.
      I think it's around 5K for the replacement key with remote and lesser for the regular (non-remote) type.

is there any option to change the battery of the remote if it goes down after few years ?
      Yes, there is.

Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

Awesome

Under-body hit on Figo

Guys,

Yesterday I was driving on a village road with a single person on the back seat. The tyre pressure was low (around 10 psi) on the rear right tyre, due to a nail. Also I had some 50 kg luggage in the boot. Suddenly came across a huge hump & I put the driver side front wheel down side under the road (car tilted right) and then a huge sound appeared.

My car has scrapped it's belly several times before and this is the biggest sound I ever heard from the bottom of my car in the last 32000 kms. I got tensed & checked for any oil leak from engine or hazard/malfunction light in the dashboard. But there was nothing as such. Hence I went to a nearby alignment centre and went inside the car's belly to check it thoroughly for the hit. Here is what I found -

In the front right hand side the oil sump/reservoir exists. It was got little/minor scratched by the hit. But after that there is a huge iron plate (part of chassis I think) infact two plates bolted together which got bent little upwards due to hit. Will there be any issue for that ?

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Secret

there is a huge iron plate (part of chassis I think) infact two plates bolted together which got bent little upwards due to hit. Will there be any issue for that ?
      Posting pictures of it would help the experts to comment better.
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

Confused

Awesome

In the front right hand side the oil sump/reservoir exists. It was got little/minor scratched by the hit. But after that there is a huge iron plate (part of chassis I think) infact two plates bolted together which got bent little upwards due to hit. Will there be any issue for that ?
      This is exactly the kind of damage that happened to my Fiesta last month on my Munnar trip. Took it to the workshop the day i came back to Chennai. The SA inspected the underbody and said that oil sump had a miraculous escape and asked me not to worry about the twin plate thingy that got a slight bent.
      Better take it to the workshop, won't take much time to inspect it.

Also as alexshom suggested, do post the pic here for our inhouse experts to comment on.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
      The SA inspected the underbody and said that oil sump had a miraculous escape and asked me not to worry about the twin plate thingy that got a slight bent.
      Thank God..same here; the oil sump got escaped miraculously. Will try to post a pic. Will get it checked @ SA.

Awesome

Pls help guys..

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Secret

- Any reason behind the malfunction to your guess ?
      May be you should answer on how the glass cover cracked in the first place

- Assume that the lamp is damaged, what should be the next step ?
      Isn't replacing the whole unit the only option? I do not think they sell the glass cover separately.

- Figo's original fog lamp costs Rs 3113 a pair @ Ford Figo Exterior Accessories - Ford Figo | Ford India. Should I chose this costly option ?
      Still under warranty? If yes and you are worried about future electrical warranty claims, then you need to choose this way.

- How about the Hella fog lamps Hella fog lamps for ford figo - set of 2 with wiring | Left Lane Shop
      Should be good enough as the OEM if its genuine Hella. Do make sure it's genuine before the buy.

Not sure where you are located. As the monsoons have started here, you better get the electrical circuit at the broken fog lamp sealed ASAP for obvious reasons.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by alexshom View Post
      Not sure where you are located
      Bhubaneswar in Odisha.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information