• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interior Cleaning Query

vtec just kicked in y0

Awesome

Interior Cleaning Query

hey guys, i just took delivery of a brand new ford ecosport moondust silver - since the automatic model doesnt come with leather seats options (only fabric), I have decided to put napa faux leather from a local store.

have already taken it to TPC3 for a titanium coating for the exterior

I wanted to know how to keep the interior and wheels clean, Could you guys recommend some products to keep the interiors in the best shape??

thanks all

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

get an All Purpose Cleaner (APC). I personally use LOC as its very VFM but you can use any APC just keep the ready to use (RTU) bottle along with a microfiber in the car and you can practically clean anything with it plastics, dashboard, vinyl, seat covers etc. etc.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by toxicdrift View Post
      titanium coating for the exterior
      what was the product used for titanium coating
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

have already taken it to TPC3 for a titanium coating for the exterior
      >>I don't even know what titanium coating is, but I can a sure you its waste of money. Coating is specialized job, car dealers don't skills to undertake coating job.

I wanted to know how to keep the interior and wheels clean, Could you guys recommend some products to keep the interiors in the best shape??
      >>Don't go for any dealer coating. Stuff they use leave a oily film and that film is a dirt magnet. Just wipe away all the dust with a microfiber towel. Use APC once a year. Get Plastic floor mats (Taiwanese Mats) + carpet mats. All the shoe dust will be collected in plastic mats. If there is any dust spill from the plastic mats, it will fall on carpet mats. Car's floor carpet will have a double insurance. Trust me, Plastic + carpet mats combo works wonder for floor carpets.
      >> I'm assuming you have allow wheels. CarPro Iron X (Currently selling at discount (pouch) on detail clean India website. You will need a spray bottle) is your best friend. Just spray over alloy wheels, use a soft brush to spread product in hard to reach places. Wait a little and thoroughly spray water over the area. Apply wax or sealant on alloy wheels.
      >> For tires, use APC to clean the tire surface and when done apply CarPro PERL

I trust in Bhai!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Swift00 View Post
      but I can a sure you its waste of money. Coating is specialized job, car dealers don't skills to undertake coating job.
      Swift00, TPC3 is not a car dealer. He is a well known detailer who specializes in coatings.
      Last edited by WildWeasel; 8th Jul 2015 at 05:22.

driveclean.in

Awesome

I don't even know what titanium coating is, but I can a sure you its waste of money
      If you don't know about this, how can you say its a waste?

Please mind it before you type anything in a public forum. TPC3 - Mr. Rajesh is a pioneer in Indian detailing industry. Since you are a newcomer in GH, please go through the existing topics and then put your comments. Hope you can understand

#detailing

Detailing on my mind..

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by toxicdrift View Post
      hey guys, i just took delivery of a brand new ford ecosport moondust silver
      Congratulation for your ecosport. Your car is already touched by safe hands of Rajesh sir TPC3 . Please take a few tips from him on how to maintain a coated car, am sure he'll be very happy to help.
      Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      get an All Purpose Cleaner (APC)
      APCs are strong chemicals (well, most of them) and you have to use proper recommended dilution, please avoid using them on pasted fabric parts like roof lining, they may loosen the glue.
      You can use dedicated fabric/plastic/trims/carpet cleaning products listed and reviewed on this and various other forums. There is no wonder products IMO; every product has its limitation and is best when used as intended.

For most of your detailing queries here is the bible: Detailing Thread Index

If you need help on specifics, please don't hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      If you don't know about this, how can you say its a waste?
      +1. Swift00 Please read, understand, use, experiment, compare and than comment.

Visit
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com

Awesome

CarPro Iron X (Currently selling at discount (pouch) on detail clean India website. You will need a spray bottle) is your best friend. Just spray over alloy wheels, use a soft brush to spread product in hard to reach places. Wait a little and thoroughly spray water over the area. Apply wax or sealant on alloy wheels.
      >> For tires, use APC to clean the tire surface and when done apply CarPro PERL
      The pouch is a eco pack that is a refill for the original bottle. Hunting for a chemical safe bottle is not easy so better buy the original bottle from here CarPro India - Ultimate Detailerz2 where you are getting at a better rate- 20% discount offer is ongoing please check.( and stocks are latest)
      TPC3 as already others have told is a well known name in coatings, of course he must have done his homework before going to TPC3 so thats already done! toxicdrift APC once a year is too less, as interiors get dirty soon, several options exist but LOC is safest of course however it is a little foaming so make it less concentrated and use. Even Zoom is good for non porous surfaces.
      www.ultimatedetailerz.com
      www.facebook.com/ultimatedetailerz
      Our Online Store : store.ultimatedetailerz.com

Meine Freundin Deutsch!

Awesome

APC is one of the best product for fabric. My current setup is Amway APC in the ratio of 1:50 for my Jetta (agitate a little and wipe with MF). Does a decent job, but do note that this is for occasional cleaning once or twice a month.
      If the fabric is too dirty and requires vigorus cleaning, then a higher concentration with some good brush required.

Go through the below video, one of the best demonstration for fabric cleaning

Happy detailing
      Volkswagen Jetta MK5
      Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500

vtec just kicked in y0

Awesome

thanks everyone for the feedback - I've been told to go back after 6 months for a free service for the exterior - I am really happy with the way the car is looking at the moment.

just wanted to maintain the same from the inside + wheels (as i did not do any treatment for them)

ive already ordered the Ultima waterless wash from kmoh .. lol if i only went through more i would have ordered the iron x aswell .. time for a new order hahaha kmoh how to avail he 20% offer? ill send u a pm

just want to know the coating will be safe right if i use waterless wash , cuz since my running isnt that much the car doesnt get that dirty honestly.
      need something for the dust and to keep the plastics oil free.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information